Promise NYC

Anyone else besides me listen to dude?, hes been out for a few years but he's got that jay electronica syndrome where he releases a song like once every 6 months. Dudes sick with it too i don't get it why he doesn't do something big.  got a few tapes on datpiff but dude hasn't released an album mixtape nothing like that since like 2010

more recent stuff

never see anyone talking about him but dudes fire

I recall discovering this dude's music back in 2006 with "da homeys" and it was great. However, I literally stumbled on this guy's myspace music page and only got to listen to a few of the songs he had up cuz he was charging for his music when he was a relative nobody/unknown. This was when he was just Promise I think he hadded NYC cuz few other dudes popped a little more known with the same rap name around that time.

I would say he was/is a very very very very clever punchline rapper that managed to use his skill and creativity to make exceptional songs. I remember his rubber duckie song with the Ernie sample and a few others.

I just checked and I did have his mixtape I Got Them Barz Vol. 1which I remember being a cool joint that was funny and had replay value but overall I haven't listened to dude and forgot about him for the most part. I'll check some of his other stuff that I can find. I can say he isn't talked about cuz he's not really underground like them dudes that are consistent with the work they release in mixtape form as well as albums and have that cult following. I wonder if he still thinks he's gonna make it big and get a huge contract with a major label and "blow up" since he doesn't have a whole lot of work out there.

TOO RAW. i guess he turned down a deal with funk volume
mean.gif

dudes nice with it, just dropped this joint, wordplay is BANANAS

Heard him on a Writer mixtape. Never heard of him again.

Feeling those freestyles OP posted, especially Got A Story To Tell

His voice reminds me of Charles Hamilton at times but I'll listen off the strength of the wittiness 

Honestly I gotta keep promoting this dude prom hes too good to be slept on. just hope dude starts dropping more material, so far this year so good
pimp.gif

Started from the bottom freestyle is TOO DAMN REAL

That one mice joint was dope and he KILLED that sftb sheesh...how are his tapes or someone link me to one project to check out

Back
Top Bottom