Prototype Vectran XI's (Vid)

Video: 4:04 minutes in is what looks to be the the XI

I was watching the hyperdunk creation videos and noticed that when nike did their testing using vectran (the hyperdunk thread material for support) they used amodified version of the XI's?(you can see from the right shoe and the sole that it's the XI) with vectran as the upper.

Can anyone explain why Nike would use a model so outdated to run tests? It just seems wierd to me that the prototype they tested on were the XI's or atleast the XI's sole. Maybe we're getting modified vectran XI's in the future?
pimp.gif

��

The sneaker on his other foot was
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
as well!

I will tell you this, when that movie popped on the screen, all of the sneakerheads that Nike invited to the event gasped and turned to each other. All of theother people in attendance, had no clue what was going on...

MaZe

Shweeett
pimp.gif

I'm glad they improving that slde slipping crap..I hate that.

That was indeed AJ XIs. Right shoe might be sample or something, but left shoe definitely is AJ XI White/Black-Concord.

Here you go...
59974251jf5.jpg

I was thinking if they just stitched the 11 with the Vectran Material than replacing the whole upper and just using the 11 sole

Originally Posted by robertomolina2013

I wonder why they would choose the 11's for the test?

he did talk about the performance of that material vs. say carbon fiber, and its applicable limitaitons...they probably wanted to compare that fromexperience. The real question is if whether the XI in the test shoe had the carbon fiber. Very interesting vid. I will always respect nike for trying newthings.

it looks like one shoe is the concord XI and the other is the columbia XI

No, I agree that one looks like a Concord XI but the other looks like it has the whole top made of vectran - there's no patent leather on it.

They maybe used it as it's a shoe that they have a template for that has a simple fabric top so they could make it out of the new material - the XI has afairly basic shape but still gives good support - compared to a lot of shoes that need a complicated shape with different panels and materials.

The real question is if whether the XI in the test shoe had the carbon fiber.

That's irrelevant - the carbon fibre is used in a completely different way when it's in the midsole - it's supposed to provide rigidity and when hewas talking about it he said that this new material was suitable for uppers as it is strong but still flexible - unlike CF which is strong but stiff andbrittle.

Originally Posted by kdwallace

That's irrelevant - the carbon fibre is used in a completely different way when it's in the midsole - it's supposed to provide rigidity and when he was talking about it he said that this new material was suitable for uppers as it is strong but still flexible - unlike CF which is strong but stiff and brittle.
Bingo.

MaZe

Back
Top Bottom