PS3: 40 GB vs. 80 GB?

I want to buy one soon, but I heard that the 80 GB arent in stock yet (MGS4 Bundle). What would be the disadvantages of getting the 40 GB over the 80 GBbesides the space?

I think you can just buy a 60gb to save a bit of money next to getting the 80gb. You also get B/C with the 60 too. If you ever need space just drop the sameamount of extra money that you would have paid for the 80gb instead of the 60 for an external harddrive (my frd told me this, sorry if i'm incorrect). Muchmore memory.

BC is overrated IMHO. after you play your new games in HD and updated graphics, itll be so hard to even look at the older games.

i know im going through that rightnow on my 360. im playin GTAIII and it looks terrible
laugh.gif
. honestly, cop a 40gb NOW, and toss a bigger HD in there
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 4x6191990

I think you can just buy a 60gb to save a bit of money next to getting the 80gb. You also get B/C with the 60 too. If you ever need space just drop the same amount of extra money that you would have paid for the 80gb instead of the 60 for an external harddrive (my frd told me this, sorry if i'm incorrect). Much more memory.

60gb PS3's aren't around anymore. Been discontinued since August-September of last year.

Originally Posted by AtlDunkman

Oh there are still 60 GB out there?

Well I'm not sure about them being in stores, but I was thinking of ebay. I sure as hell don't want to spend like an extra 100 for 20 more gb ofspace when I can get a much bigger external HD with that money.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

BC is overrated IMHO. after you play your new games in HD and updated graphics, itll be so hard to even look at the older games.

i know im going through that rightnow on my 360. im playin GTAIII and it looks terrible
laugh.gif
. honestly, cop a 40gb NOW, and toss a bigger HD in there
smokin.gif

Very true, i copped God of War 1 and 2 a couple weeks ago and the graphics are pretty bad. There being upconverted through the ps3 but it still looks bad.Bought them just so i'm ready when God of War 3 drops next year.

80 gig is worth the price... not only do u get extra space but even if u dont play your old ps2 games u have a choice if u do want to play em... the 40 gig ismuch cheaper but doesnt play any ps2 games...

Is there a chance that there will be a dl in the future to allow 40GB to be able to play PS2 games?

I think you can just buy a 60gb to save a bit of money next to getting the 80gb. You also get B/C with the 60 too. If you ever need space just drop the same amount of extra money that you would have paid for the 80gb instead of the 60 for an external harddrive (my frd told me this, sorry if i'm incorrect). Much more memory.

Thats true, but I heard that they stopped selling 60gb . I just saw something that said the 60gb will be back around Christmas, not sure if its true or notthough.

Originally Posted by AtlDunkman

Oh there are still 60 GB out there?

Well I'm not sure about them being in stores, but I was thinking of ebay. I sure as hell don't want to spend like an extra 100 for 20 more gb of space when I can get a much bigger external HD with that money.

brand new 60 GB PS3's on eBay might run you a bit more than a brand new 80 GB at the store...
i'm glad i got my 60 GB when i did...if i would have slept on it, i would have been scrambling for a PS3 now like some of y'all
laugh.gif

Is there a chance that there will be a dl in the future to allow 40GB to be able to play PS2 games?

nope

Thats true, but I heard that they stopped selling 60gb . I just saw something that said the 60gb will be back around Christmas, not sure if its true or not though.

i haven't heard anything about this but i doubt it's true...no point in discontinuing the 60 GB and then bringing it back...if anything, the next sizethey'll move on to is 120 GB...

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Anyone know where to get a 40GB for under 400?

YO, try craigslist. I got my 80 gig for $425.00 off craigslist and I think the 40 gigs are selling about $325 or so

60GBs are long done, gone, not a chance in hell for a re-apperance, that system cost Sony nearly $800 to make, loosing $200 on every system sold, that'swhy the discontinued.

Buy the 40GB if you don't care about PS2 backwards compatibility, but still want to play all PS1 games.

Buy the 80GB if you do care about PS2 backwards compatibility, and yes, it plays all PS1 games. Also having an extra 40GB of space is a nice touch. I have a60GB and already down to 9GB, euuh, I need to delete some crap.

go with the 40 gb. i dont need bc compatibility and i just upgraded my hdd. it is extremely easy as there is a cnet tutorial on youtube. i went with a 160! gbinternal hd for $80. so that is $20 less than the 80 gb ps3 and you can have twice as much memory! holler.

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

so holdup.. no b/c with 40gb only the bigger memory models? thats some b.s.

It's because part of the reason why Sony can sell the 40gb for $399 is because they took out the Emotion engine chip that allows b/c.

soo i still to this day havnt scopped up a PS3....is the MGS4 bundle the best buy out of all the options/?? and if so when is the official release date

Back
Top Bottom