PS3 | OT | Call of Duty 4 Tournament IX | Info on PG19 | 1st RD Bracket Updated PG29

What about a stipulation where if you drop a player your team cannot pick him back up for the remainder of the tourny? Would prevent alot of the strategic drops... 

What about a stipulation where if you drop a player your team cannot pick him back up for the remainder of the tourny? Would prevent alot of the strategic drops... 

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Alright so this is just a theory on Free Agency after the captains discussed it. Feel free to add or critique it and we will see what works.
First off, everyones top 2 players (other than the Captain themselves) are untouchable. They can be traded, but cannot be dropped UNLESS they post saying they drop from the tournament. If this happens, you can basically take whoever on the free-agency list to replace them.

The bottom 3 players are able to be dropped to the free-agency pool. 

Once we have free-agents sign up, the captains will place each in a category: tier 1, 2, or 3 free agent. 3 being the better free-agent, 1 being being lowest.

Now this is kind of what I was thinking.

Best players in Free-Agency (Tier 3) require a team to drop all three of their available players. To fill out the open spots, you can only take Tier 1 players to fill. Tier 2 players would take your bottom 2, while Tier 1 players would be one for one.
There we have a good set up for how FAs will work. If people want to trade 2-3 players for someone else they shouldn't be allowed to refill their team, even if it's just tier 1 players.

Yeah, you'd need a rule preventing someone from picking up a L3, then just picking up two of the L1's they dropped. A week delay at the very least..

Yeah, you'd need a rule preventing someone from picking up a L3, then just picking up two of the L1's they dropped. A week delay at the very least..

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Alright so this is just a theory on Free Agency after the captains discussed it. Feel free to add or critique it and we will see what works.
First off, everyones top 2 players (other than the Captain themselves) are untouchable. They can be traded, but cannot be dropped UNLESS they post saying they drop from the tournament. If this happens, you can basically take whoever on the free-agency list to replace them.

The bottom 3 players are able to be dropped to the free-agency pool. 

Once we have free-agents sign up, the captains will place each in a category: tier 1, 2, or 3 free agent. 3 being the better free-agent, 1 being being lowest.

Now this is kind of what I was thinking.

Best players in Free-Agency (Tier 3) require a team to drop all three of their available players. To fill out the open spots, you can only take Tier 1 players to fill. Tier 2 players would take your bottom 2, while Tier 1 players would be one for one.
There we have a good set up for how FAs will work. If people want to trade 2-3 players for someone else they shouldn't be allowed to refill their team, even if it's just tier 1 players.

team 7
pimp.gif
Will be on today. I've upgraded playstations since cod4, hopefully ill still have all my prestiges

Not like I'm in the tournament but here's a good idea

Decide on the rules before the draft...

Deuces.

Not like I'm in the tournament but here's a good idea

Decide on the rules before the draft...

Deuces.

I just noticed the debate in regards to my skill level
laugh.gif
 D, religion you guys are funny! I agree though
in regards to where you both stand so no harm no foul
grin.gif
 We just need to make things easy this
time around. No political BS etc so there no hard feelings, let us all agree on some fare rules and
get this tourney started!

I just noticed the debate in regards to my skill level
laugh.gif
 D, religion you guys are funny! I agree though
in regards to where you both stand so no harm no foul
grin.gif
 We just need to make things easy this
time around. No political BS etc so there no hard feelings, let us all agree on some fare rules and
get this tourney started!

Originally Posted by S4L3

Nah, we agree to a 3 week season.
So ya'll still doing this season crap? Count me out as a captain then.

I'll just be a free agent...

Smh uSad that you have to live with the fact you drafted RKO... Yeah I agree with Bay.. Usually there are like 60 to draft then 20 left over to make the FA list.. Before anyone can make roster moves there should at least be 10-15 free agents..

Originally Posted by S4L3

Nah, we agree to a 3 week season.
So ya'll still doing this season crap? Count me out as a captain then.

I'll just be a free agent...

Smh uSad that you have to live with the fact you drafted RKO... Yeah I agree with Bay.. Usually there are like 60 to draft then 20 left over to make the FA list.. Before anyone can make roster moves there should at least be 10-15 free agents..

Back
Top Bottom