PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by sole vintage

^ how does that work. i have been thinking about getting it for my 360, if it breaks do they send you a brand new one?

you get your $ back that you spent on the 360 or whatever you bought

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Man L.A. Noire would have so been better off if it would have stayed exclusive to the PS3.

We would have gotten more content on the disc because R* & Team Bondi would have put the game on a dual layer 50GB blu-ray and not have to worry about XBOX 360's disc limitations. Team Bondi has already said in several interviews they axed 2 big crime desks with more cases from the game because of this issue.

SMH
Hey is LA Noire worth the cop? (no pun)

I'm about to head to Kmart since they have that deal. Or should I just wait until it price drops?

Do not want to go into the LA thread since there might be spoilers.

They need to just make a FF game reminiscent of the FF games in the Playstation era or atleast like FFX

Turn-based
World-maps/air ships
random battles (they were hated but being able to avoid your enemies at will is no fun)
Good mini-game (i spent a good amount of hours on Blitzball)
etc.

Picked up Borderlands GOTY, game is sick. Barely started it though. lol @ me thinking it's like any other FPS and you can just run in-head shot. NOPE!

Originally Posted by Dakingii

They need to just make a FF game reminiscent of the FF games in the Playstation era or atleast like FFX

Turn-based
World-maps/air ships
random battles (they were hated but being able to avoid your enemies at will is no fun)
Good mini-game (i spent a good amount of hours on Blitzball)
etc.
Yeah they should bring it back to the basics.

I remember I didn't appreciate FFX because I thought they took the easy way out by making the game like 7,8, and 9.
Like they didn't have anything innovative to bring to the table.  But looking back its a really good game.

Originally Posted by ddouble

All the thingsyou can possibly want in a FF is in this game. Airships, Huge world map etc

....except it is on the PSP. Don't get me wrong, this game looks amazing, I watched that entire 20 minute vid, and I'll be copping release day, but I want a console game. 
ohwell.gif

Turn-based 
World-maps/air ships
Good mini-game (i spent a good amount of hours on Blitzball

Agreed. ALso, I enjoyed the card games in VIII and IX.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

I remember I didn't appreciate FFX because I thought they took the easy way out by making the game like 7,8, and 9.
Like they didn't have anything innovative to bring to the table.  But looking back its a really good game.

Man, if they brought back the art style of IX, I think that would be huge. The fantasy element and the moderngame play was mixed so well in that game.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

Man L.A. Noire would have so been better off if it would have stayed exclusive to the PS3.

We would have gotten more content on the disc because R* & Team Bondi would have put the game on a dual layer 50GB blu-ray and not have to worry about XBOX 360's disc limitations. Team Bondi has already said in several interviews they axed 2 big crime desks with more cases from the game because of this issue.

SMH

I'm about to head to Kmart since they have that deal. Or should I just wait until it price drops?

Honestly man. Like I said a bunch of times to people in the official thread go into this game not expecting a GTA or RDR type of experience. Or else you will be disappointed.

The game's main story will take you anywhere from 15 to 25 hours alone. Depending on how you play through it.

Replay value is there with the 40 side quest missions, finding all of the cars, golden reels, and finding all of the historic landmarks that are in the game. The side quests missions are where are a lot of the gun fights and action missions are but the main story also has it's fair share of action based missions. No this game is NOT like Heavy Rain's game play. The only thing those 2 games  have in common is that they are both action adventure detective games and that's it.

Also the game has a bunch of DLC cases that are in the works and will be released later on.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

anyone looking for a back up ps3 or just a ps3 in general...microcenter is selling refurb 80 gigs with 1 year warranty for 109.99

fat or slim?
Spoiler [+]
hmm sell my slim cop this and an x-box use the money i save for liquor 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

80 gigs are fats...its a way good deal with the 1 year warranty 
990woh.png

Is this at all microcenters?

Originally Posted by Spaghetti89

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

fat or slim?
Spoiler [+]
hmm sell my slim cop this and an x-box use the money i save for liquor 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

80 gigs are fats...its a way good deal with the 1 year warranty 
990woh.png

Is this at all microcenters?
yeah...but if you havent gone by now chances are slim 

are people willing to buy a broken 60GB PS3?.. its not bricked or anything.. GPU is failed so the screen is a little distorted..
repair from Sony is going to cost $120.. local craigslist repairs around $80..

what do you guys think?.. im just going to get the slim ones 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by ddouble

All the thingsyou can possibly want in a FF is in this game. Airships, Huge world map etc

....except it is on the PSP. Don't get me wrong, this game looks amazing, I watched that entire 20 minute vid, and I'll be copping release day, but I want a console game. 
ohwell.gif
We'll have to wait for Versus which looks good (and XIII-2 if they took in the feedback)

I'm also wondering why people like turn based so much. As far as i'm concerned it was only used due to the limitations of not been able to control an entire party in a battle back in the days, but as soon as it became possible, it was ditched. Don't get me wrong my favourite FF was turn based but it isn't realistic especially now with current gen graphics. I'm liking the battle style shown in Type-0 especially in the ending of the vid where they were fighting the Behemoth. I think thats the normal progression but thats just me. I won't be be suprised if we never see a turn/time based battle system ever again.

Turn based may seem archaic, but really, to me, it is just a different method. I think it takes a different strategy to defeat enemies with turned-based. I think you can amp up the difficulty even more, as you have time to think about moves 3, 4, 5 turns in advance.
I know this makes too much sense for SE, but how hard would it be for Square Enix to do a "fabula nova crystallis"-like collection for Final Fantasy XV? Just make 2 games: one game that would appease the hardcore fans, and one that would implement new features and push the series in different directions. 

They aren't doing great and it kills me to see JRPG's become almost obsolete (at least good ones). If SE can't revitalize this series, along with a couple more of theirs (Dragon Quest, Mana series, Tactics Ogre, ect) then what other company has a chance?

It's been 10 years since their last fan service (IX) I think they need to look back at what can be gained by listening to the fans.

Maybe because I've grown out of playing a lot of video games but turn based should go way with the dinosaurs.

FFVII was one of the greatest games of all times but there was a reason everyone was
eek.gif
 when Zelda OoT came out.

^
Zelda was never turned based, but I understand what you mean. 

It will always be a part of strategy RPG's due to how they are built, but it has been proven that a more organic system can work. FFXII was great at it.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

SMH

Honestly man. Like I said a bunch of times to people in the official thread go into this game not expecting a GTA or RDR type of experience. Or else you will be disappointed.

The game's main story will take you anywhere from 15 to 25 hours alone. Depending on how you play through it.

Replay value is there with the 40 side quest missions, finding all of the cars, golden reels, and finding all of the historic landmarks that are in the game. The side quests missions are where are a lot of the gun fights and action missions are but the main story also has it's fair share of action based missions. No this game is NOT like Heavy Rain's game play. The only thing those 2 games  have in common is that they are both action adventure detective games and that's it.

Also the game has a bunch of DLC cases that are in the works and will be released later on.

Okay my bad... the real question i was gunna ask was r there black peoples in da game? 

cus i did some research on wikipedia n i read black peeps did not exitsed in the 1940s.  I jus dun wanna be supportin a racist game u knoe wat i mean.

(not srs)

just picked up tom clancys hawx 2 brand new for $20 at gamestop

dude told me the trophies are easy to get so i recommend y'all trophy hunters pick it up

multiplayer is mad fun too, just played an hour of it

I like turn-based games because you actually had to think and use strategy in order to win, plus you could control what every party member could do.

I feel like these newer RPG's have drifted towards hack and slashing and you are pretty much forced to use one character. Certain games allow you take control of other characters but its really not the same feeling. I have no problem with this concept of battle in the Star-Ocean or "Tales of ..." series but not in a Final Fantasy game.

Originally Posted by bns1201

whats the point of copping games for easy plat trophies beyond personal gratification

If the game doesn't look like it will be that fun, I'll rent.

If it really sucks, Blockbuster lets me take it back the next day and exchange for a different game.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

just picked up tom clancys hawx 2 brand new for $20 at gamestop

dude told me the trophies are easy to get so i recommend y'all trophy hunters pick it up

multiplayer is mad fun too, just played an hour of it

Wow, somebody else on NT copped HAWX 2 other than me.
eek.gif
Pretty easy game... Easy trophies like dude above me said, but it's no Ace Combat. They kept it real, though. That AC-130 gunship was
pimp.gif
, and you can take multiple landings to reload ammunition.
pimp.gif
Was considering trading in mine already. People really play multiplayer on it!? Gotta check that out. Was kinda pissed at the camapaign for being damn short that i didn't bother checking out multiplayer. And I paid retail for it.
laugh.gif

meh only $20 brand new

only thing close to a war game besides warhawk that i can play

damn cod fps cam gives me serious headaches

Back
Top Bottom