PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by TBwsf

is army of two 40th day worth the buy?
My friend got 2 free copies and gave 1 to me to play online co-op with him.  The game is trash, but co-op made the game bearable because of the chatting and jokes.  I wouldn't play the game solo.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Some moron was streaming the FF XIV last night on ustream and didn't block out his character name.

Info on FF XIV:

-public beta in two months
-will be RELEASED for PS3 and PC by September of this year
-Various collectors editions are coming

eek.gif

laugh.gif
 @ releasing before Versus/Agito.

Public beta meaning anyone can get in?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Battousai701

boost... have u been playing ffxiii at all?

i finally got back on it after finishing god of war 3.

so far the game reminds me of ffx a lot.
I haven't even started it yet, I want to finish God of War III first. I'm stuck at some maze where I just killed Zeus wife, and I gotta move %+$@ so water pours on stairs and time slows down, idk fam, %+$@ is annoyingly difficult.

Head south through the now-open gate. After the cutscene you'll be able to use Hera's body as a weight -- just pick the corpse up and drop it with CIRCLE. Ignore her for now and head to the upper left area of the plaza. Here you'll find some dried bushes which you can burn with the Bow of Apollo.

Incinerate the bushes to revel a second bowl. Run back around to the pillar and push it all the way to the left of the first bowl. There is a small path for you to push it right up against the fence. Do so, then head down to the disc on the ground and stand on it. This will cause water to flow into the second bowl, filling it and altering the path above once more.

The third and final bowl moves inconveniently out of the way of the waterfall beside it. Your next goal is to fill this bowl -- but not with water. First, drag the pillar all the way to the bottom right corner of the area. Rotate it so the stairs descend from left to right (turn it 180 degrees).

Push the pillar all the way down the thin path until it stops. This will now complete a nearby set of stairs. Grab Hera's corpse and deposit it somewhere near the base of these stairs.

Run over to the disc on the ground and step on it to switch to the "green view" of the area. Make your way over to the staircase you just assembled and grab Hera. Use the stairs to dump Hera's body into the third bowl, thus completing the path out of the maze.

You'll need something to hold down the disc switch while you make your escape. Grab the pillar and move it to the disc to keep it depressed. Run up the long staircase in the lower left.

Link:

http://guides.ign.com/guides/886158/page_2.html

from IGN
[h1]
Uncharted 2 Siege DLC Announced for April 22
[/h1][h2]
More multiplayer content on the way.
[/h2]

April 9, 2010 - On April 22, the third installation of downloadable content for UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves will be available through the PlayStation Store on PlayStation Network. Named the Siege Expansion Pack, the new DLC features the first add-on co-op game type ("Siege"), in addition to 2 new multiplayer maps, 6 new skins, and 11 new trophies. Full details on the content can be found below.

Co-op Game Type
Siege
Pits 2 or 3 players against the AI.
Objective: capture and hold the territory against the waves of increasingly difficult AI adversaries. All players must be in the territory to capture it, so it's a constant battle to keep the AI from assaulting the player's position.
Players compete in one territory per round and the territory changes location every round.

2 Multiplayer Maps
The Highrise
Towering over the streets of Nepal, The Highrise is a map with plenty of opportunities for players to get the high ground on their opponents. Set on a series of destroyed and under-construction buildings, players need to be on their toes as there are many different jump locations and paths around the map. Players should also watch out for the incoming airstrikes, as they can clear the rooftops in seconds.

The Museum
Set at dusk amongst the courtyards and display cases at the site of Drake and Flynn's heist, The Museum provides players with a mix of intense gameplay covering traversing across rooftops, dodging gunfire through twisting corridors, and close quarters fighting. Players need to watch their backs as there are numerous flank routes in all parts of this circular map. Players should also learn the secret climbing routes that will allow them to get the drop on their opponents.

6 Skins
Wetsuit Drake
Baseball Shirt Drake
Prakoso
Platzor
Glowzor
Dead Explorer

11 Trophies - 180 Trophy Points
Bronze
You Can't Break Me – Complete all 3 co-op objective maps on Crushing
Under Siege – Finish Wave 10 in 1 Siege game
Speedy – Get 10 First! Medals
I'll Cover You – Get 50 Defender Medals
Fallen Angel – Get 50 Afterlife Medals
Not So Fast – Get 20 "Shut'em Down Medals
Jack of All Trades – Get 15 Triple Threat Medals
You Run, I'll Shoot – Get 10 Protectorate Medals
Back At Ya – Get 50 Retaliation Medals
Kneel Before Z… – Get 5 Put-em Down Medals

Silver
Rock a Rhyme – Get 100 Tricky Medals

Haven't been on much, busy w/other stuff...Definitely looking forward to RDR & Skate3 in May *hat*

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Battousai701

boost... have u been playing ffxiii at all?

i finally got back on it after finishing god of war 3.

so far the game reminds me of ffx a lot.
I haven't even started it yet, I want to finish God of War III first. I'm stuck at some maze where I just killed Zeus wife, and I gotta move %+$@ so water pours on stairs and time slows down, idk fam, %+$@ is annoyingly difficult.

Head south through the now-open gate. After the cutscene you'll be able to use Hera's body as a weight -- just pick the corpse up and drop it with CIRCLE. Ignore her for now and head to the upper left area of the plaza. Here you'll find some dried bushes which you can burn with the Bow of Apollo.

Incinerate the bushes to revel a second bowl. Run back around to the pillar and push it all the way to the left of the first bowl. There is a small path for you to push it right up against the fence. Do so, then head down to the disc on the ground and stand on it. This will cause water to flow into the second bowl, filling it and altering the path above once more.

The third and final bowl moves inconveniently out of the way of the waterfall beside it. Your next goal is to fill this bowl -- but not with water. First, drag the pillar all the way to the bottom right corner of the area. Rotate it so the stairs descend from left to right (turn it 180 degrees).

Push the pillar all the way down the thin path until it stops. This will now complete a nearby set of stairs. Grab Hera's corpse and deposit it somewhere near the base of these stairs.

Run over to the disc on the ground and step on it to switch to the "green view" of the area. Make your way over to the staircase you just assembled and grab Hera. Use the stairs to dump Hera's body into the third bowl, thus completing the path out of the maze.

You'll need something to hold down the disc switch while you make your escape. Grab the pillar and move it to the disc to keep it depressed. Run up the long staircase in the lower left.

Link:

http://guides.ign.com/guides/886158/page_2.html
eek.gif

:throws in GOW3:

Fifa World Cup demo just dropped, there are MADDDD teams in it. You can only use Spain and Italy in the demo though... definitely gona cop when it comes out, what about y'all

Got to play Army of Two at blockbuster.
Thanks for the save! Lex Starks ,derrty6232.

That %!*% was trash.

Originally Posted by TBwsf

Got to play Army of Two at blockbuster.
Thanks for the save! Lex Starks ,derrty6232.

That %!*% was trash.
One of the devs for the game is an NTer. He's posted a few times in this thread asking what we wanted to see in this one. I forgot his NT name.

PS3 heads -

I'm looking to buy a PS3 - where is the best deal for one?

at game stop they have the 40gb refurb for $230, 80gb refurb for $250 and 120gb brand new for $300...all come with a 1 year manfuct warranty and the refurbs are supposed to have been fixed by SONY. Is there any difference in getting one of these and can you get an extended warranty over the 1 year with any of them and is it worth it?

I'm getting if the MLB the show
smile.gif

but yea it was my bday yesterday, I thougth I made this post asking for help on where to get one and what the best deal to get one may be..i dont really need 120gb, it doens't matter to me, I will be deleting game demos from it anyways and not storing movies or shows or anything on it...

thanks for the infor NT...

Originally Posted by TravisJMU

PS3 heads -

I'm looking to buy a PS3 - where is the best deal for one?

at game stop they have the 40gb refurb for $230, 80gb refurb for $250 and 120gb brand new for $300...all come with a 1 year manfuct warranty and the refurbs are supposed to have been fixed by SONY. Is there any difference in getting one of these and can you get an extended warranty over the 1 year with any of them and is it worth it?

I'm getting if the MLB the show
smile.gif

but yea it was my bday yesterday, I thougth I made this post asking for help on where to get one and what the best deal to get one may be..i dont really need 120gb, it doens't matter to me, I will be deleting game demos from it anyways and not storing movies or shows or anything on it...

thanks for the infor NT...

I was trying to respond to this yesterday but NT was acting weird yesterday.

Anyways here is what I recommend.

If you care about & need backwards compatibility to play PS2 games then cop the fat PS3 80GB.

If not then cop a PS3 Slim but I would recommend buying one from Best Buy or from Costco. If you get one from Best Buy get the extended 3 year Best Buy warranty for like $20 or $50 bucks. This is good because if you have any problems with your PS3 in the future you can just return the PS3 for a brand new one instead of having to call in & deal with the pain of sending in your PS3 in for repairs to Sony. Costco return policy is also very good.

So if I were you I'd go with the PS3 Slim.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Fifa World Cup demo just dropped, there are MADDDD teams in it. You can only use Spain and Italy in the demo though... definitely gona cop when it comes out, what about y'all

day 1 cop for sure.

FIFA World Cup demo is nice, I missed Clive Tilsley and Andy Townsend as commentators.

[h2]Respawn Entertainment announced by ex-IW heads, partnering with EA[/h2]
by Christopher Grant { Apr 12th 2010 at 9:47AM }

actiward.jpg

221diggsdigg We learned on Friday that ousted Infinity Ward co-founders Jason West and Vince Zampella planned to have an announcement "very soon"concerning their "creative future" – and now, at 9am ET the followingMonday, they've issued a press release announcing RespawnEntertainment, a new development studio that will give West andZampella ownership of the games they create. "We have learned the hardway," Zampella told the LA Times,"that the best way to ensure the integrity and quality of your work andmake sure the fans get what they deserve is to own the intellectualproperty."

But West and Zampella aren't going it alone; the pair have teamed upwith (who else?) Electronic Arts through its EA Partners business. EAGames Label prez Frank Gibeau said, "This is the start of a greatpublishing partnership -- one that I expect will develop blockbustergame franchises ... At EA, we're honored to be their partners and togive them the support they need to hire a team and return to makingincredible games." In addition to handling future publishing duties, EAis funding the new developer "with several million dollars in seedcapital," LA Times reports. That's unusual for a developer that'sretaining the intellectual property rights to its games. "What makesVince and Jason's deal so ground-breaking is that EA is investing inthem as individuals, not as part of a larger, established company," thepair's agent (and former Xbox pitchman) Seamus Blackley told the Times.

Of course, neither West nor Zampella would comment on what Respawn willbe working on or what genre it might land in (military shooter,anyone?), but West did say it would be of the "huge, summerblockbuster" variety. Did you expect anything less?

[h2]Kojima seriously hints at Zone Of the Enders 3 as next KP title[/h2]
April 12th, 2010 @ 08:35
By Johnny Cullen

Zone-of-the-Enders-2.jpg

Hideo Kojima has already entered into “New Title Mode

Back
Top Bottom