Pulling off Jack Purcells in a job interview?

Long story short, I don't have any dress shoes here on campus. Big mistake, I know.

It's a group interview, but my scenario right now because none of my friends are responding, is to use my black leather Jack Purcells with dress pants,dress shirt with a cardigan.

It's business casual of course.

Think I can pull it off?

frown.gif

Son payless?? Who cares. Go to PAYLESS. Rob a bum. But whatever you do Don't wear kicks to a job interview.

why are u wearing a cardigan ? @#!

u need to wear a shirt and tie at the minimum, if not suited up

Originally Posted by bustinxjustin

JPs with dress pants?

Come on son.
smh.gif

I guess you've never seen the style.

I should have explained more fully...

I submitted an application friday, only got the confirmation about the interview today for tomorrow. So I'm trying to put things together ASAP.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

JPs with dress pants?

Come on son.
smh.gif

I submitted an application friday, only got the confirmation about the interview today for tomorrow. So I'm trying to put things together ASAP.
I guess you've never been to a job interview.

Group interview correct? You gotta be EXTRA on point.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by TheAbove

JPs with dress pants?

Come on son.
smh.gif

I guess you've never been to a job interview.

Group interview correct? You gotta be EXTRA on point.
tired.gif
Exactly.

If you want the job you have to look the part. Especially when you have a group interview where you will have everybody dressing their best to impress theinterviewer.

The outfit you are describing sounds like something you would wear on casual Fridays. Do not wear a cardigan to aninterview!

Go suited up like everybody else is saying and pick up some cheap dress shoes from PayLess.

Hope that helps.

dress according to how bad u want the job. i dont think a cardigan and sneakers is gonna do it tho.

i dont know how you guys can splurge on nikes, jordans, etc. but be all cheap when it comes to dress shoes. when going to an interview its about lookingappropriate, not whats in style, regardless of who your potential employer may be.

There is no city where you can't grab a pair of dress shoes and a sport coat last minute. Trust me.

Go to a thrift store...buy some shoe shine. Shining your shoes if very important in a job interview. Also, wear a tie...make sure you can tie a good knot. Itseems stupid but people really do look at this stuff when deciding on who is right for a job. Appearance can make or break you. Sad but true. Even if it is acasual work environment, suiting up for the interview is important.

payless with $30 get yourself some $+*$%$ shoes they will even be good for a few weeks wear...and will look alot better than some converse...at least for theinterview

Unless you're interviewing at an Apple store or are in graphic design, I'd strongly advise against wearing Jack Purcells to a job interview. I alsoagree with Crazy EBW: group interview? step it up.

Back
Top Bottom