Punta Cana - All Inclusive Vacation

My girlfriend and I are looking to book a trip to Punta Cana, DR probably in March for 5-6 nights.  I have been there before when I was about 15 years old.  I am 26 now, and was wondering if any of you had suggestions on places stay?  Cheapest/Best place to book the trip?  Good experiences/Bad Experiences.  We would rather stay at a resort where the average age is 25-30 and the amount of little children running around at a minimum.  Help a dude out - thanks

I was just there Memorial Weekend 2011 and had a blast.  I stayed at the Caribe Club Princess resort.  Everything was all inclusive and the room was pretty nice as well.  

punta cana can be great or it can be absolutely horrible, it all depends on where you stay and usually the places worthwhile are not cheap....if you are on a budget, stay in the sto. domingo bro, the resorts there are niceeee....the Hamaca got a facelift a couple of years ago, stood there last year....realllllly nice, beachfront....something you gamble with when you go to punta cana on a budget, damb resort is a trooooopppp from the beach.

the building on the far right is brand new loft style rooms, affordable close to the capital, so you can step out the resort and not be in the middle of nowhere like you'll be in punta cana.

5537580596_39daf6f1ca_b.jpg

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Oh, u said ur going with ur girl.
*keeps single life DR info to self*

DR homies I know said DR is definitely the place to go for that single life
...Forget the gf, go by yourself

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Been here twice in 2 years with the wifey, and we loved it. Make sure you ask to get the "elegance club" package so there's no kids, private pools right outside your door, the beach behind that. It was so peaceful/beautiful.  Trying to decide where to go this year for vacay but I'll definitely be back here.

http://www.libertytravel.com/hotels/details.jsp?hotelid=5470

I stayed here also and would highly suggest it.  Good food, friendly staff and about 6 bars throughout the resort.

i'm going op. i'll be one of the thousands of drunk college kids ruining you and your girl's vacation, see you there!

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Oh, u said ur going with ur girl.
*keeps single life DR info to self*

more info please..looking for a spring break destination since i wont get this chance after graduation

been there....

Was cool...

All Inclusive.. everything.

3 restaurants on our resort.... a nude beach... pool tables.. ping pong tables... gym... 3 pools.... bar in the pool.

!%!% was fun as !%!%.. i was only 15... had one of the best times ever... i def wanna go again..

i went snorkeling too.....

nude @!$#*!% everywhere on the beach....

stayed at the bavario princess or something of the sort... very fun... drink the mamajuana... so good... i should have bought some back... best kept secret for rum drinkers...

Stayed at the RIa Bambu. You will get tired of the "night life" on the resort after day 2. Just a bunch of people from the poorer part of the region dancing, singing, etc. But it is cool out there, enjoyed my stay.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
.....I just booked my honeymoon last night.

We are staying at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe.  We found a package, with flight, honeymoon package(roses and champagne in the room
grin.gif
) and the ocean front room for 3K total.

Anybody have experience with this resort?

^^^^ yeah i went to the Barcelo Bavaro Palace back in 2009 with my girlfriend. The resort is really nice and you also get access to the other barcelo bavaros, i think there are 5 in total that you can get too in a little train like shuttle thing. The night club at the palace was always poppin every night after midnight. overall it was a great experience

i also stayed at the ocean blue resort back in 2006, this one was also nice but a lot quieter. too calm for my taste but still nice

Stay in Santo Domingo. Hit the Conde. Look at the architecture. Rent a car, drive through all the small towns, La Roma etc on the way to Punta Cana.

And make sure you check when Holy Week is this year cause DR shuts down pretty much for Semana Santa.

I went a few summers ago and stayed at the Riu. All inclusive of course, but it was more like a gated resort with various properties on it. Didnt really care for the food and the entertainment wasnt up to par like Cancun and the Bahamas. I did like our ATV excursion. We went all through the area, down the streets, on the beach, you name it. I'd pay to do that again definitely. The area is quite poor. Personally wouldnt go back. I'd try another area or another country.

Back
Top Bottom