QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Peter "nawghtyhare" Prisco 
indifferent.gif

Last edited:
I'm surprised there isn't more criticism of Teddy. The "can do no wrong quarterback of the moment," but I've tempered on him for right now. He still shows what he can become, but even with that week 1 debacle aside, he isn't as sharp as I hoped and thought he'd be. Tomorrow is going to be his biggest test to date and I actually wouldn't be surprised if he rises to the challenge, but he's certainly going to have to be much more crisp than he has been.

there's a good chance i end up eating crow for saying this, but i'm not sold on tyrod. not yet.

i want to see him beat up a legit defense or two.

there's a good chance i end up eating crow for saying this, but i'm not sold on tyrod. not yet.

i want to see him beat up a legit defense or two.

I don't think you truly can be sold on him yet though, so I agree. He still needs to get better with his decision making against tougher defenses and in bigger games in general.

If he falters this week, I'd be really shocked. Even without Sammy. Giants are just that bad against the pass. They're really horrific at covering the middle of the field.

After next week, he'll be tested hard. Cincy, Jags, Dolphins and Jets should really put him to the test.

Dolphins are a mess. I don't think they're a concern right now, but yeah...the rest will be tough. We shall see.

I just want to talk about Andrew Luck's history as a Great Winner.  No one could have turned around a team like he has.  Especially in the smashmouth division that is the AFC South.  How does he make the playoffs every year and fail against the Patriots?  What a mystery!

"Andrew Luck, plain and simple, has feasted on his division. Each year since he's entered the league he's seen a significant drop off in Passing NEP per drop back when playing teams outside of the AFC South.

Don't forget that the average Passing NEP per drop back rate in the NFL over the past 15 years has been 0.05, and it was 0.09 in 2014. Andrew Luck, outside of his division during his freshman and sophomore years, was average to below average.

He was still good away from his rivals in 2014, but the difference between the way he played in the division versus out was huge. On 219 drop backs, he compiled a Passing NEP of 64.37 within the division in 2014, good for a per drop back rate of 0.29. Only Aaron Rodgers  (0.34) and Tony Romo(0.31) finished with higher rates than that this year.

His raw numbers show the same type of story, too. In the six games against the AFC South this past season, Luck threw 16 touchdown passes to just 3 interceptions (24 touchdowns and 13 interceptions outside of the division). And he had a completion percentage of over 65 percent (60 percent when facing teams outside of the division). His yardage totals were higher when he didn't face Houston, Tennessee or Jacksonville (roughly 14 more yards per game), but then again, passing yards can oftenbe skewed by garbage time and early-game inefficient offensive play.

When Andrew Luck faced teams within his division, per our metrics, he was just as good as any other quarterback in the NFL. When he left his division, his per drop back NEP this season was on the same level as Eli Manning  and Matthew Stafford."

No way the Colts would have a winning record playing the Jaguars, Titans, and Texans 6x per season.  NO WAY.  What a warrior...

Last edited:
WIR in shambles thanks to Falcons success so far... What happened to Kaep?

Dude made a throw that looked more like Miss NY throwing out the first pitch at a Yankees game than it did an NFL quarterback yesterday.

Last edited:
Andy Dalton leads the NFL in yards per attempt.

Andy Dalton

he's def got people's eye right now. but let's see how he does versus Seattle and @ Buffalo in the next couple weeks. will be a good test. i know we all joke about the prime time games, but those are two pretty good tests, even tho buffalo bent over for NY yesterday :lol:

Andy Dalton leads the NFL in yards per attempt.

Andy Dalton

he's def got people's eye right now. but let's see how he does versus Seattle and @ Buffalo in the next couple weeks. will be a good test. i know we all joke about the prime time games, but those are two pretty good tests, even tho buffalo bent over for NY yesterday :lol:

He's playing good football, but Andy Dalton is 3-11 in playoff/prime time games.

Let's see how he looks when the lights come on.

Back
Top Bottom