Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

Sheeba was amazing tho
pimp.gif
she was fine as hell

Read this and didn't understand what the **** I was reading. Then I see that it was written by Armond White
Oh.

Probably the worst movie critic around, I'm pretty sure he is just a troll with most of his reviews.

Anyways, I saw the film and loved it, my favorite movie of the year. I didn't find any of the comedy moments inappropriate and I think QT did a good job of displaying how despicable the slave owners were. Leo's evil charisma was out of this world and that was definitely Jackson's best role in a while. I feel the movie could have had about 10 minutes or so cut out to make it flow a little bit smoother but it was definitely a great theater watch.

Who did you guys think was the worse villain Leo or Sam Jack?

Leo had some redeeming qualities and was charming, but he was pure evil. He committed the worst atrocities in the film (the mandingo fighting, laughing at the scars on Broomhilda's back, etc). However, Sam Jack may be the worse villain for the simple fact that he was such a disruptive force in the movie. They were about to get away with Broomhilda but dude had to snitch and ruin everything.

sam's character was equally as bad as leo. everyone's acting was solid, but i thought Leo did an amazing job. His character was very sadistic and hard to stomach, and because of that he succeeded in acting quality.

as an NTer, it's the first thing I noticed

I turned to my brother and was like, where were slaves getting crisp T-Outliner 2 lineups back then. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that is def true. dude was hair game was pretty clean for a slave.

Just saw it, thought it was amazing. I'm a huge fan of Leo, Waltz and Foxx so I had to see this. Very pleased with this film. There was some interesting comical scenes that I didn't expect but it was well done.

As for the audience, there were mad white people in the sold out show. Some of the stuff that these white people were laughing at weren't funny and were straight up racist. I'm cool about racist jokes and talking some **** but to hear 50-100 white people laugh at scenes that weren't meant to be funny was mad offensive. Me and my girl were not happy but what can you do?
I kinda noticed that too...White people were going :rofl: while I was like :D

Im Puerto Rican btw.

YO i thought i was the only one. but i can't really blame the movie for that can i? QT def added comedic lines to scenes or subject material that would otherwise be difficult to watch or just of a serious nature. i mean the KKK was violent particularly in those days, yet in the movie, their scene was the funniest **** in the whole movie. and i wasn't even mad at that, that scene was so well done, i def enjoyed it.

But some stuff i didn't see funny, other whites saw as humorous. and that honestly bothered me a lot. To be fair, this is partly on how QT made the movie. The scene where the dogs kill that dude was difficult because it was of a realistic context, not some cheap gore Saw movie scene. But right before that the exchange between django, candie and the Dr. was funny. One minute your laughing and the next its hard to watch. Its a rough transition that happens more than once in this movie.

as for the N word's use in the movie, i have to say i didn't think it was used to much. i mean, is it unreasonable to expect that the word was commonplace during the era depicted in the movie?

above all the movie should be always considered as work of fiction, nothing more.

Read this and didn't understand what the **** I was reading. Then I see that it was written by Armond White
Oh.
Probably the worst movie critic around, I'm pretty sure he is just a troll with most of his reviews.

Anyways, I saw the film and loved it, my favorite movie of the year. I didn't find any of the comedy moments inappropriate and I think QT did a good job of displaying how despicable the slave owners were. Leo's evil charisma was out of this world and that was definitely Jackson's best role in a while. I feel the movie could have had about 10 minutes or so cut out to make it flow a little bit smoother but it was definitely a great theater watch.
Jamie_Foxx_means_business_in_new_Django_Unchained_trailer.jpg

^^That joke would have worked better if every "masta" didn't get killed but I see what you tried to attempt there

Am I the only one that didn't get why....

he took out the aussie gang of transporters? I saw it coming, but still it would have been cool to see fat QT rolling up with a shotty.

he took out the aussie gang of transporters? I saw it coming, but still it would have been cool to see fat QT rolling up with a shotty.

IMO its because regardless they were still part of the problem. they only believed his b.s. because of the papers he had with him, and he had to put down his people once again and pretend like he was better than them when the truth is he doesn't really feel that way.

And guys PLEASE STOP FEEDING THE TROLL. JUST LEAVE HIM BE. I don''t understand how someone can be so active in a thread for every got damn page for a movie they didn't enjoy.

Dope, thanks for posting. However, I skimmed through it, and I believe this is the original script that leaked months ago, and not the final draft. Nonetheless, still an awesome find.

Yeah I think you are right because I noticed a few parts not in this script but majority of it is.

The movie is better the second time you see it.

A lot of you took my black love comment out of context. Never in my life has a relationship between a black woman and a black man ever been so pure and positive in a blockbuster.

Tariq is my guy but his review is ridiculous, I was actively looking for the points he made the second time I saw it.

I think he reached.

Last edited:
I do not see big deal bout this movie. Never seen an entire Tarantino film cuz they disappoint. I didn't even like pulp fiction

Fixed.
Candie: please show our guest to their rooms
Sam j: massa i can undastan the kindly german fella but this ***** hea?!?!
Candie: yes, is there a problem with that?
Sam j: no, no prollum as all sir Candie , long as we burn the sheets, the pillows, the matress and the frame

LMAO! :lol: :rofl:

Last edited:

tariq's take. Maybe already posted, idk
I dont even agree with him most of the time, but he dropped knowledge

Speaking of Tariq. Anyone know where I can get that Hidden Colors part two other than on the official website?

I do not see big deal bout this movie. Never seen an entire Tarantino film cuz they disappoint. I didn't even like pulp fiction

Lol, I think you n i are the only ppl on earth who feel this way. I have to see it again because i'm tired of folks swearing to me it's good.

Last edited:
Speaking of Tariq. Anyone know where I can get that Hidden Colors part two other than on the official website?.
i ordered it on 12-14 and its still on backorder...

as far as watching the movie, i was so into the movie, i didnt really look or listen for the white people laughing....

i did say to the chick i was with "this movie is not that much about jaime foxx"

for a minute, i thought jaime foxx was gonna go thru freeing a few slaves... i really wanted to see that... :frown:

in the end, good movie... that blood splatter and noise had me like "Really? :rolleyes "

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED EVERY PART OF IT. IT WAS AWESOME.

I was the only one in the theater laughing at the slaves chained with Django in the beginning being caught in Mississippi.

One of the few films I've been satisfied in the past couple years with when I walked out the theatre. If you don't have an awesome sound system, go watch this in the theaters.

Lots of the things I wanted to say have already been listed from the:

emotional roller coaster

awesome soundtrack

people laughing hysterically at some parts that weren't really meant to be funny |I

Django's wife should've got more development

I'd say the first hour of the film was absolutely amazing. Loved the film as a whole though.

and definitely one of my favorite parts...

"**** you guys! I'm going home!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Could be for a couple reasons
Because he lied to them, the dudes on the poster weren't on the plantation.
They where taking 3 more dudes to a even worst slavery hell hole.
Press for time in the movie.
Quentin's roles are never that big in his movies.

i think he was off on the stuff about the killing of the unimportant whites in the movie and Django having to get permission from Schultz and all that. Like every point he tried to make about it I disagree with.

I feel like all his thoughts are somewhat invalid because Django is the new comer to the bounty hunting business hence Schultz being in the lead.

But at the same time I find it interesting about the backroom conversations that he says Hollywood had to have to make sure the white audience would accept certain things

Can't even lie, Tariq def made great points.

We will never see a Nat Turner movie. And if they make it will would be a waste time bc it would be done so poorly.

Last edited:
I feel like all his thoughts are somewhat invalid because Django is the new comer to the bounty hunting business hence Schultz being in the lead.

i think his whole point though, is that the story was written that way for a very specific reason

i think he was off on the stuff about the killing of the unimportant whites in the movie and Django having to get permission from Schultz and all that. Like every point he tried to make about it I disagree with.

But at the same time I find it interesting about the backroom conversations that he says Hollywood had to have to make sure the white audience would accept certain things

his point is, think about a movie like Munich. Django with the tone of Munich would never fly with white audiences because its a cold/calculated and a grittier( in the sense of realism) experience.

Back
Top Bottom