Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” no longer his final film

Re: the Bruce Lee portrayal, I felt like that was how Americans' idea of him was when he came there and that's why he did him like that.
Considering he made Kill Bill I don't think he'd mean anything out of disrespect

Re: the Bruce Lee portrayal, I felt like that was how Americans' idea of him was when he came there and that's why he did him like that.
Considering he made Kill Bill I don't think he'd mean anything out of disrespect

At the end of the day it's a movie, so I can over look at it from the bigger picture.

but he could have made Bruce anyone. He wouldn't have portrayed Chuck Norris like that, because Chuck Norris is still alive and would be considered disrespectful. It was easy to do it to someone dead. He could have picked a random no name Hollywood guy and we could still get how bad *** Cliff was.

Finally saw it last night. 7/8 for me.

I really enjoyed it overall. Maybe after a re-watch my sentiments will shift, but it's not my favorite from QT; that rank still goes to IB & Django.

Brad & Leo were awesome. It's not necessarily Margot's fault, but Sharron Tate was pretty useless. Say what you will of her being there strictly to tie in Manson's presence, but that was literally it. I was in real tears at the ending :wow: :rofl: .

Finally saw it last night. 7/8 for me.

I really enjoyed it overall. Maybe after a re-watch my sentiments will shift, but it's not my favorite from QT; that rank still goes to IB & Django.

Brad & Leo were awesome. It's not necessarily Margot's fault, but Sharron Tate was pretty useless. Say what you will of her being there strictly to tie in Manson's presence, but that was literally it. I was in real tears at the ending :wow: :rofl: .

Sharon Tate wasn't there for Manson. Manson was the real after thought.

The movie revolved around her, because it refers to that period in Hollywood. They consider that the end of that so called golden era.

I don't get how people say she was useless. When the movie revolved around her just as much as Leo and Brad. She just didn't have a bunch of speaking parts, but the overall movie actually revolved around her.

That's why it showed her watching the actual Sharon Tate when they could have had Margot film them.

Why Leo looked up and envied her and was delighted to meet her as if she were some big star.

Which is why Tarantino kept her alive. To change history.

6E33462D-4E2E-4928-B1E5-36138AFA0F1F.jpeg

This pretty much sums up the video :lol:

Leo takes himself as the movie geek way too seriously

Getting mad at people for not having seen Gone With The Wind and Citizen Kane :lol:

Gotdamn my boy came with another heater. Hats off to that man Quentin, started off a little slower then his norm. But man I enjoyed it.

Margot getting her butt spit in...idc

Movie was dope.
Movie just had so many great scenes

-Bruce Lee scene was ridiculous.
-Rick pep talking himself in his trailer :lol::rofl:, especially about the quitting drinking :lol:
-Cliff is that dude "Fix it" :pimp: "that guy killed his wife and got away with it."
-Dakota Fanning was crazy as hell, I expected George's body to be covered in Maggots
-That ending was just :wow::wow::lol::sick::pimp:

Great writing
Especially the scene with Pacino tellin Leo about audiences perceptions, I find it funny that that report about the F&F stars having contracts about how many hits they are allowed to take on camera came out around the time this came, trust me EVERYONE got a contract like that, not just them.
-The scene with Trudi talkin about actors job was gold too.

Leo and Pitt both killed
Could see Pitt getting nominated in a supporting role

for me, this might be a solid 4th or 5th place spot in terms of my list
definitely might try to catch again in theaters

Movie didn’t end like I expected it to but it was good. I expected a little bit more. I was expecting it to focus on the Sharon Tate murders and how they happened and because of that, I figured Rick and Clint were real people. I couldn’t wait to get to the crib and do my googles about the stuntman that flung Bruce Lee into a car. Lol I feel dumb as hell.

I liked the scene where the hippie chicks was all singing in unison, I remember the Manson chicks doing that during their trial and that scary **** always stuck out to me.

Rick Dalton scene in the trailer :lol::lol:

That Rick Dalton final acting scene was incredible to watch...Leo the GOAT fasho it’s not even a question at this point.

I was scared for Clint when he went in to see the old man but that whole scene ended up being funny.

I felt bad for laughing at the end but Clint was bashing baby girl face lol that **** was just crazy

I’ll give i a 7/10 off one watch but it will prob be better the second time around knowing what I know now

The whole time Cliff was at that ranch, I felt every bit of that cringe. My lady Danielle Harris with the cameo was a surprise, even though I still knew ahead of time. Margot as Sharon was/is a cutie. It makes you not want it all to be true even more. The Rick/Trudy exchange was pretty moving. The last 20-30 min had me thinking, “only if...” I didn’t mind the Bruce Lee scene, except the vocalizing, which I thought was a little overdone. Overall, I really liked it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom