Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” no longer his final film

I saw the trailer earlier this year, wanted to see it mainly because of Leo and Pitt together. The trailer really didn’t give much away but also seemed boring?

Caught it last night randomly, honestly was confused but it wasn’t bad. Leo and Pitt were good but it was kind of meh unless there’s something I’m not really understanding other than a story of an actor who was once at the top then career in the toilet? Then he realizes his worth?

I don’t even know

Only thing that caught me off guard was all that crap at the house at the end of the movie :lol: mad random

Death Proof was trash except for the soundtrack and Vanessa Ferlito's strip dance.

Oh snap I forgot about the fire intro.

Masterful. What a waste of a perfect movie intro. It’s all there. Perfect score. Introducing the main characters. Intrigue. Suspense. Some iconic sets. Goes downhill IMMEDIATELY after the intro music ends.

It was super self indulgent, I enjoyed it because I enjoy the era of Hollywood he was focusing on, it was a really weird time where major studios were making terrible movies and the people pushing the boundaries were the exploitation movie makers. It was a bit long though and I can see how people that aren't already at least half versed in the era were bored with it.

My LOL story is that I got to the theater a bit earlier than I usually do and was just goofing off before the previews and these two older ladies had the seats next to me. I overhear them talking about how one doesn't get out to the movies much and talking about how the last movie she was was Toy Story 4 with her grandkids and didn't think much of it. Until I heard her take a call (still well before the previews) and tell the person on the other line that she was going to see the Lion King. When she was done I had to interrupt her and tell her that she should go find an usher to bring her to the right theater because this was OUatiH and it'd probably be filled with a good bit of violence and most certainly objectionable language. I wonder how long they'd have stayed in the theater before leaving if I hadn't said anything.

I rolled with the ending and loved that entire sequence, what is still up for debate with me is if that payoff worth the two hours that came before it.

Kinda pointless to even have Sharon Tate in this movie. Really enjoyed it up until the ending. Gratuitous domestic violence and cartoonish villainy. Meh. Fun ride that ends abruptly.

Movie was great. This whole time you waiting for the Sharon Tate stuff, I like this alternate universe that Tarantino does.

Wasn’t feeling it left before the third act because it was a first date ...I could tell girl I was with didn’t like plus movie theater only served wine and beer no liquor

If I was lit we would have stayed

I’ll probably go back with my friend because he don’t believe me he think I’m cappin

This movie going to be decisive
You can’t leave in the middle of a Tarantino flick :smh: :smh: :smh:

Was there some hidden meaning to the dirty soles? Felt like they highlighted a few of the females dirty feet

Fastest 2h30m movie in a while. Pitt was fantastic, DiCaprio was very good. Robbie was featured a lot more than that original criticism alluded to. Pacino did tremendous in his one scene at the beginning.

The girl that played the young actor is a talent.

Loved the ranch scene and the ending.

The intentional-unintentional comedy had everyone in my theater laughing; this was just another banger by QT.

8/8

Back
Top Bottom