question about hondas/mileage

I'm looking at hondas, price range around 12K and was wondering if these were a good price for honda accords or even a scion TC (2006)
...but with high mileage talking about 70-90K

my question is, i know hondas are reliable, but is 70-90k acceptable? should i be worried about any upcoming maintenance?

It's not for me, my gf is currently looking at cars around the 10-14K price range so any more suggestion would definitely help!

My dude, I've always heard that as long as hondas are below 100k they are extra reliable. They'll last about abother 100k or so. Might wanna do a tune up on the car just to be sure your lady is good to go.

As for the price, seems a bit too much. But I guess it depends what year model we're talking about.

My mother's first foreign car was an '83 Honda Accord. She never got oil changes done on time nor get most of the scheduled maintenance. It died with about 215k miles. I have an '03 Accord EX with 128k miles & still going strong (knock on wood). Only major thing I've had to do is replace my catalytic converter at 100k miles for $900.

How old is the cars is. Also, depends on the type of mileage it is. If its mostly highway miles, I wouldn't be to worried.

Might be brand preference but you can get a Corolla with a lot less miles for around the 12-14k range.  I bought my 09 corolla S for 15.2 it had 19k miles.  Ive seen some 2008 regular Corolla LE's with 30k miles for around 11k.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Might be brand preference but you can get a Corolla with a lot less miles for around the 12-14k range.  I bought my 09 corolla S for 15.2 it had 19k miles.  Ive seen some 2008 regular Corolla LE's with 30k miles for around 11k.

wow, yea your right, their pretty cheap...good lookin out!

My last civic made it to 200k+ miles and was still going. Just keep up with regular maintenance and it'll run forever.

Back
Top Bottom