question about purchasing a car with CASH

so im looking to get a ford truck and I've seen prices for 11,000-13,000 for the truck i want(used)..

my question is, how much lower will they go if im willing to pay all of it in 1 payment with cash?

and yes i know gas prices are high you dont have to remind me
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

deoends on what they want..if they want lets say 12..you can prolly get em down to 10,500 cash

you should be able to get more then that

Originally Posted by ENVIED247365

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

deoends on what they want..if they want lets say 12..you can prolly get em down to 10,500 cash

you should be able to get more then that

yeah probably..but it all depends on the seller..and how bad he wants to get rid of the car

Originally Posted by wanksta23

so im looking to get a ford truck and I've seen prices for 11,000-13,000 for the truck i want(used)..

my question is, how much lower will they go if im willing to pay all of it in 1 payment with cash?

and yes i know gas prices are high you dont have to remind me
indifferent.gif

It depends on the car. Right now buying a truck, the economics current state and gas price...I'm sure you can bargain nicely. I wouldn't use cashthough...I'd just cut a check, at least that's what we did for all 3 cars. It doesn't necessary get you a better deal because they're notmaking interest off you (if you're loaning through the dealership)...it just makes everything cleaner and takes less time. Instead of taking the time toapply the loans through numerous lenders, you just get the total price of the car, fill out the paperwork, cut the check. The whole experience should take nolonger than 2 hours.

if you want the $11k truck
bring like $9,200 with you in cash and be like this is all i got, and thats the truck i want.
so lets make it happen and get it over with.

and 9/10 times you will drive that truck home for $9200.

You should use a check for safety reasons and the convience of holding a piece of paper and not stacks of 100s or whatever. You should try the used cars guidefrom Consumer Reports. They give you the price a dealer pays for the car and you bargain up from the dealer price instead of the MSRP. My father used it and hesaved roughly $1500.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Dealership or private seller?
That is a key question. If your buying from a dealership, cash wont make the slightest bit of difference. All paying cash does for a dealership is savetime and paperwork. They have an amount they can lower the price regardless of cash or finance. But like someone said trucks are not a hot at the moment so youshould be able to get one at a very good price.

If you buying from a private seller, offer them a really low amount. The worst that can happen is that they'll say no.

well if your going to a dealership, slip the sale guy a $50 or $100 and tell him to give you the rock bottom price. Because even if he sells you the truck for$12000 or 10,000 the most he will make is $100, so by slipping him the $$$ he is now on ur side.

Originally Posted by MrBoss2You

well if your going to a dealership, slip the sale guy a $50 or $100 and tell him to give you the rock bottom price. Because even if he sells you the truck for $12000 or 10,000 the most he will make is $100, so by slipping him the $$$ he is now on ur side.
That probably wont work for several reasons. First of all, atl least at my dealership we get $200 minimum on any car sold regardless of profit, butthey stand to make more money if they sell you the truck for a higher price than the $50-$100 you would give them. Second of all the sales person has nothingto do with the price that the car is sold at. But like I said trucks are not selling very well right now so you can get a good deal if you talk to them. I knowthat we have sold several trucks below invoice just because we need to sell them.

What type of Ford truck are you looking for? F150, F250?

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by MrBoss2You

well if your going to a dealership, slip the sale guy a $50 or $100 and tell him to give you the rock bottom price. Because even if he sells you the truck for $12000 or 10,000 the most he will make is $100, so by slipping him the $$$ he is now on ur side.
That probably wont work for several reasons. First of all, atl least at my dealership we get $200 minimum on any car sold regardless of profit, but they stand to make more money if they sell you the truck for a higher price than the $50-$100 you would give them. Second of all the sales person has nothing to do with the price that the car is sold at. But like I said trucks are not selling very well right now so you can get a good deal if you talk to them. I know that we have sold several trucks below invoice just because we need to sell them.

ford f-150 4x4 either supercrew or supercab
2004 and up

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

if you want the $11k truck
bring like $9,200 with you in cash and be like this is all i got, and thats the truck i want.
so lets make it happen and get it over with.

and 9/10 times you will drive that truck home for $9200.

cosign

you could try to build credit

Originally Posted by wanksta23

rafsjays wrote:

MrBoss2You wrote:

well if your going to a dealership, slip the sale guy a $50 or $100 and tell him to give you the rock bottom price. Because even if he sells you the truck
for $12000 or 10,000 the most he will make is $100, so by slipping him the $$$ he is now on ur side.
That probably wont work for several reasons. First of all, atl least at my dealership we get $200 minimum on any car sold regardless of profit,
but they stand to make more money if they sell you the truck for a higher price than the $50-$100 you would give them. Second of all the sales person has
nothing to do with the price that the car is sold at. But like I said trucks are not selling very well right now so you can get a good deal if you talk to
them. I know that we have sold several trucks below invoice just because we need to sell them.

ford f-150 4x4 either supercrew or supercab
2004 and up

Sounds like a Paisa to me. Just need your last name on the back windshield FTW.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rafsjays

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Dealership or private seller?
That is a key question. If your buying from a dealership, cash wont make the slightest bit of difference. All paying cash does for a dealership is save time and paperwork. They have an amount they can lower the price regardless of cash or finance. But like someone said trucks are not a hot at the moment so you should be able to get one at a very good price.

If you buying from a private seller, offer them a really low amount. The worst that can happen is that they'll say no.

Not true. If someone owed you money, would u rather have all of it in your pockets, or would u rather have him pay you in installments? Money talks,dealership will lower the price if u can pay cash/in full.

oh, checkout the truck in person, then make your offer through e-mail making sure they don't know "your the guy from earlier" (I heard this isalso very effective)

Back
Top Bottom