Question about Spraining Ankle and Returning Back to the Court

It was a regular sprain. I happened to land on someones foot as I was coming back down. This is like the 4th time I've sprained it (left ankle)
This time it happened while ballin in Kobe V's. So my question for you NTers is:

Which method did you go with when returning back to the court? (Tape? Ankle Brace with laces or velcro? Aircast?)

I want to continue playing basketball in Kobe Vs and possibly VIs later. Did you go up a shoe size when wearing braces? or taping?

It was a regular sprain. I happened to land on someones foot as I was coming back down. This is like the 4th time I've sprained it (left ankle)
This time it happened while ballin in Kobe V's. So my question for you NTers is:

Which method did you go with when returning back to the court? (Tape? Ankle Brace with laces or velcro? Aircast?)

I want to continue playing basketball in Kobe Vs and possibly VIs later. Did you go up a shoe size when wearing braces? or taping?

When playing ball in HS I sprained my ankle a couple of times really bad so I started wearing a brace. I found it a lot easier than having my ankle taped before every time I wanted to play and I went with one of the velcro ones, their a bit bigger and more bulky than the ones with laces but they are easier to adjust without having to take you shoes off.

With regards to the shoe sizes, it really depends on the shoe, with the Kobes being low tops you shouldn't have a problem with the size you are currently wearing. I wore high tops so I had to go up 1/2 a size to fit the brace into my shoe, but like I said early I wore the velcro ones with are the biggest braces out there.

When playing ball in HS I sprained my ankle a couple of times really bad so I started wearing a brace. I found it a lot easier than having my ankle taped before every time I wanted to play and I went with one of the velcro ones, their a bit bigger and more bulky than the ones with laces but they are easier to adjust without having to take you shoes off.

With regards to the shoe sizes, it really depends on the shoe, with the Kobes being low tops you shouldn't have a problem with the size you are currently wearing. I wore high tops so I had to go up 1/2 a size to fit the brace into my shoe, but like I said early I wore the velcro ones with are the biggest braces out there.

i always wear a velcro brace on my left ankle, too many sprained ankles
laugh.gif

Thanks for replies. I will take a look at the Velcro ones. I thought the same about the shoe size because they're lows and I think my original siZe should be fine. And always having to tape before going out to ball would be lame. But I heard the tape gives more support?"

Thanks for replies. I will take a look at the Velcro ones. I thought the same about the shoe size because they're lows and I think my original siZe should be fine. And always having to tape before going out to ball would be lame. But I heard the tape gives more support?"

Back
Top Bottom