Question about the 2013 Playoff 8

Aquamanjay_

formerly jaylaw15
I just want to know how the quality on those is. Is it safe to purchase a 5 year old Durabuck shoe with long term wear ambitions?

Just to give context to quality, I consider the 2015 Aqua 8s to have great quality. I consider the 2007 Playoff to have bad quality due to the paint and the easily breakable strap clasps.

I would like a few responses before deleting the thread please.
28CD98FF-41FD-41F0-A312-4A6C6A7A05C4.jpeg

Not as good as the last Aquas, not much better than the '07.

Main issue I recall was having to go thru many pairs of the '13 Playoff 8s, to find a pair worth while , being many had deformed looking toe boxes.

Not as good as the last Aquas, not much better than the '07.

Main issue I recall was having to go thru many pairs of the '13 Playoff 8s, to find a pair worth while , being many had deformed looking toe boxes.
Damn fr?. Dont have a problem with my joints. The quality was good enough for me. All i want when they bring these things back is the red pull tab.

Yo Jay, i suggest getting a pair bro. If you dont like em then sell em.

Damn fr?. Dont have a problem with my joints. The quality was good enough for me. All i want when they bring these things back is the red pull tab.

Yo Jay, i suggest getting a pair bro. If you dont like em then sell em.
Im checking into this with scrutiny so I dont waste my money. I want to know if they’re good quality. Especially in comparison to the 2007 or the recent 8s since 2015. No disrespect, but saying they’re good enough is not really telling.

I don’t know for sure if these are bad quality, but I’ve seen people be just fine with shoes that many find to be bad quality.

they're not premium or anything but imo they're one of the better quality retros of thst era. I've worn my pair 100s of times easily and they still look great! I liked the material on my '07 aquas better but these held up so much better

I think he's pretty much talking about the paint

I don't have a problem with the Playoff 13's. They're ok. Better than the last chrome retro, but not as good as the aqua.

I guess the paint on the 07’s is not the greatest but by no means is the quality of them bad. Solid retro IMO. The material used on the uppers is nice.
I just peeled the sole off my orange blaze 8s with little strength. I’d rather not buy the 2007 because if separation AND, I won’t ever make the mistake of buying 10+ year old durabuck shoes again.

I agree with showtime96
The quality is ok.
The craftsmanship is hit and miss.
Theyre worth having, theyll hold up, only thing as I previously mentioned is the toe box had a funky shape to some of the pairs I saw, Im talking literally shaped like booty cheeks. :lol:

Long and short , u need these if u mess with 8s.
However your best bet is to grab a pair where tagged pics are provided , so u dont end up with a mutated toe box.

Now of course this partucular pair below is used.
Im posting it so u can use at as a reference.
Left shoe is exactly what Im talking about, a bunch of pairs I saw came with that vertical indentation straight out the box.

s-l400.jpg

Last edited:
I just want to know how the quality on those is. Is it safe to purchase a 5 year old Durabuck shoe with long term wear ambitions?

Just to give context to quality, I consider the 2015 Aqua 8s to have great quality. I consider the 2007 Playoff to have bad quality due to the paint and the easily breakable strap clasps.

I would like a few responses before deleting the thread please.
28CD98FF-41FD-41F0-A312-4A6C6A7A05C4.jpeg
I just got a pair of StockX, and i really love the quality on these. They will be durable for a while. Glad i was able to get them for a good deal. I think the quality is better than the 2007 version, and it similar to the r2015 aqua and chrome 8s. I would say grab them while you have the chance.

I agree with showtime96
The quality is ok.
The craftsmanship is hit and miss.
Theyre worth having, theyll hold up, only thing as I previously mentioned is the toe box had a funky shape to some of the pairs I saw, Im talking literally shaped like booty cheeks. :lol:

Long and short , u need these if u mess with 8s.
However your best bet is to grab a pair where tagged pics are provided , so u dont end up with a mutated toe box.
My 2015 aquas has a sloped Toe box like retros from the old days. Hopefully the playoffs are like that.

I'm in the minority but I actually liked my '07 pair more than the '13 pair

The '07 were softer and didn't feel like I'm walking on cardboard.

That being said the '13 pair aren't bad at all. Was just wearing them yesterday

I just peeled the sole off my orange blaze 8s with little strength. I’d rather not buy the 2007 because if separation AND, I won’t ever make the mistake of buying 10+ year old durabuck shoes again.

Yeah I get that. I wasn’t suggesting you get a pair of 2007’s. Just giving my opinion on them. Wait it out, JB probably going to retro them in the next couple years anyway.

I like the textured pattern toe on the 07s, that was missing on the ‘13 retro. Other than that honestly the same shoe minus the paint issues on the first 2 waves of retro 8s.

^ i agree.. same shoe imo just missing the textured suede on 13 pair...they both feel the same as far as comfort... if i had a choice id go with the 07 pair but i dont know how the midsole will hold up... thats why i got rid of mines and copped the 13 pair

Last edited:
they're not premium or anything but imo they're one of the better quality retros of thst era. I've worn my pair 100s of times easily and they still look great! I liked the material on my '07 aquas better but these held up so much better

lolololololololololololol, dont listen to this guy, possibly the worst quality retro ever....

Jordan brand hasn’t shown in a while that they can add something like the textured underlay back. I assume the next retro will just have glitter, red pull tab, and Nike air insole. I’ve given up on them correctly doing the infra 6, Charcoal 7, Playoff 8, and Charcoal 9.

Is there paint chipping on the 2013 bugs bunny’s got a pair last month

The 2007 playoffs and the 2008 bugs bunny’s from the cdp had terrible chipping issues

Back
Top Bottom