question about the bordeaux's

This was the first pair of J's I ever owned.  Both my cousin and I got a pair when I was 13 and he was 12.  I still remember going to school with these on and everybody was asking me about them.  The infrared vi was very popular in my junior high and this other dude and I were the first one's to get the bordeaux vii's.  Ultimatly the black/red vii's were worn by more kids in my school, but the bordeaux will always have a special place in my heart cause it was my 1st and the colors were incredible.  Plus this was the first shoe to pair MJ and bugs togethr, and was also featured in the Micheal Jackson Jam video.

id easily buy 3 pairs.  they are calm enough to wear whenever, but have that awesome 80s flair w the bordeuax color on them

I agree with dunkadelic. I always thought these were ugly. Yes, they are "so 90's" but that doesn't make it a hot shoe. I think what is driving the shoe now is hype. The younger dudes who weren't around or too young when they first came out are mezmerized by this unique OG color. If you like them buy em, but I don't recall seeing a lot of people with these on when they first came out. It's similar to how the Grape 5's were when they came out, they sat for a long time. Also, there were so many 7's that came out, I remember bugging my dad for the entire month of July in 1992 for a pair of Olympic 7's, and I got a pair in August. At that time Bulls colorways were the first to go and were hard to find. This was seen as an "off" AJ color and few people bought, but if you like it, have at it. No sweat off my back.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

I can't and won't bring myself to like these.
Exactly and I love vii's. yall be hyping these like they the hottest joints ever. a couple years ago it was mad hate on here for them. Yall can drool over them all you want, it's money saved for me

I like the unique colorway and will cop but i dont get why they are so hyped up...i think its just a hypebeast trend who knows...

My all-time favorite Jordan!
pimp.gif
These were also my very first pair of Jordans, so these were a big deal to me back in the day. I remember going to school for the first time with these on and feeling like I was on cloud 9....the excitement that I felt the first time I wore these to school back in 5th grade will never be replicated in my life again....

These to me mesh the colorful themes and high top sneakers of the 90's with the black and grey that made the black cement 3's so popular...I will literally stock up on these next year...literally.
pimp.gif

i had these in 6th or 7th grade, there were only a few ppl in my grade that had them(not many ppl liked the color) i just love them its a color that doesnt match anything jordan had to do with. i think that why i liked and like them so much. i will buy 3 pairs when they come back out.

the hype for me is NOSTELGIA

*also be rdy for JB to hack this shoe, Gurentee they will do smthg stupied to ruin it, like all leather or smthing silly. BE RDY FOR THAT!!!!!!

wow have times changed. now everybody likes these???? smh.

i remember when it was me and only a hand few others who wanted this shoe to come back out...

the hares were not bad at all so i have the same expectations for these.

how is bordeaux pronounced?

is it like board-oh?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

wow have times changed. now everybody likes these???? smh.

i remember when it was me and only a hand few others who wanted this shoe to come back out...

Its the worst cw out of all the OGs but VIIs are in my top 5 Jordans.
Everyone's opinion of a shoe changes when its about to release.

One word: nostalgia.

I was fortunate enough to have parents that were able to buy me these and the Cardinal's when I was about 7. I remember mackin it @ Disney World w/these beauties.

Originally Posted by beh235

I agree with dunkadelic. I always thought these were ugly. Yes, they are "so 90's" but that doesn't make it a hot shoe. I think what is driving the shoe now is hype. The younger dudes who weren't around or too young when they first came out are mezmerized by this unique OG color. If you like them buy em, but I don't recall seeing a lot of people with these on when they first came out. It's similar to how the Grape 5's were when they came out, they sat for a long time. Also, there were so many 7's that came out, I remember bugging my dad for the entire month of July in 1992 for a pair of Olympic 7's, and I got a pair in August. At that time Bulls colorways were the first to go and were hard to find. This was seen as an "off" AJ color and few people bought, but if you like it, have at it. No sweat off my back.
You're right. A lot of people didn't have these back in '92. The color that I remember seeing the most was the "Hares" (even though no one called them that back then). This also was one of the Jordan sigs that I didn't see a lot of adults wearing. I've always liked the model and the colorway, though.

As far as the OP's question, each person has their own taste in what's heat and what's not. I myself have never saw the what people see in the Carmines. The VI is my favorite sig of all time, but I hate that damn colorway. I understand that for that time ('91) it was the only colorway that could be considered a TRUE Bull's colorway for the VIs. But they've just never been my cup of tea.

The real question is: HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BUY THESE BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE COLORWAY, AND HOW MANY WILL BUY BECAUSE OF HYPE?

I ask that because I clearly remember that a bunch of you bought cdp Carmines, and ended up selling/trading them the following week.

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

Originally Posted by beh235

You're right. A lot of people didn't have these back in '92. The color that I remember seeing the most was the "Hares" (even though no one called them that back then). This also was one of the Jordan sigs that I didn't see a lot of adults wearing. I've always liked the model and the colorway, though.

As far as the OP's question, each person has their own taste in what's heat and what's not. I myself have never saw the what people see in the Carmines. The VI is my favorite sig of all time, but I hate that damn colorway. I understand that for that time ('91) it was the only colorway that could be considered a TRUE Bull's colorway for the VIs. But they've just never been my cup of tea.

The real question is: HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BUY THESE BECAUSE THEY LIKE THE COLORWAY, AND HOW MANY WILL BUY BECAUSE OF HYPE?

I ask that because I clearly remember that a bunch of you bought cdp Carmines, and ended up selling/trading them the following week.
Lol, I can't speak for everyone, but I think people sold the Carmines because they realized how much they could get off them. I bought three packs for myself. I sold two right away because I got ridiculous offers ($500 per pack) lol... For that much, I couldn't say no. I mean I bought those three packs, and sold two, and STILL ended up with a profit over the total of what I spent for 3. It's like being paid to cop one pack.

I personally can't wait for these to drop. I don't think they'll sell well, especially if they are a GR. I'll cop one pair on RD, and then pick up a second on discount later on. Hope I can do that. As weird as they look, I LOVE the ashy suede look on these. I usually hate that, but the ashy grey suede combined with the odd colors makes this look very unique.

I still remember MJ wearing these in the All Star Game. I have a Fleer card with his sig on it wearing these.
pimp.gif

The bordeaus were my first pair of Jordans, so they're very special to me.  I like how the dark, conservative look of the black and grey is offset by the bright, vivid colors on the tongue and sole.  It is a very early '90s look.  I really hope these do retro next year.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Mainly all the 7's are my favorite, since 92' was the year I was born. These & the "Hares" are shoes I couldn't picture not having! Can't wait until these drop...

laugh.gif

seriously

I never was a fan of these. Not to pick on Firepower, but I completely disagree with the "Urban" tag. To me, in corporate america that only alludes to one thing. I just think the use of that has a racial overtone, especially in quotes. Aside from that, I don't understand why people are going nuts over this shoe. It's only rare because it wasn't retroed. If this is the case, what's the next "grail"? September Blue VI's? Maroon VI's? Smh...I have no problem with people who had them as their first pair and want them for sentimental value, I get that. But for someone who is 15,16, 17 years old, they act like the shoe was super limited, when these sat for a while on shelves when they first dropped.

Actually i first saw these in the Michael Jackson "Jam" video where he was playing 1 on 1 with Michael Jordan(
laugh.gif
) when i was younger and i was checking out the shoes that Jordan had on because they were weird looking and pretty neat. I always liked them because they were different than all the black red jordans of the time so i was lucky enough to have gotten them for my birthday and i used to wear the !@#% out of them until they were completely done so I had to get rid of them and ever since it's been one of my favourite j's along with the carmine 6's and cement 3's so I've been one of those people begging for these to be retroed and thankfully my wish has been granted.

Not everyone buys a shoe because of hype,some of those shoes actually have centimental value to some of us and just because they get hyped up doesn't mean everyone is buying them for hype.

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Actually i first saw these in the Michael Jackson "Jam" video where he was playing 1 on 1 with Michael Jordan(
laugh.gif
) when i was younger and i was checking out the shoes that Jordan had on because they were weird looking and pretty neat. I always liked them because they were different than all the black red jordans of the time so i was lucky enough to have gotten them for my birthday and i used to wear the !@#% out of them until they were completely done so I had to get rid of them and ever since it's been one of my favourite j's along with the carmine 6's and cement 3's so I've been one of those people begging for these to be retroed and thankfully my wish has been granted.

Not everyone buys a shoe because of hype,some of those shoes actually have centimental value to some of us and just because they get hyped up doesn't mean everyone is buying them for hype.
Completely agree with Rolaholic! Some shoes carry out a sentimental value to some people and we just buy em to feel that joy of being a little kid again or simply enough to remember our parents saying NO you cant have them or here you go son for your hard work!

Back
Top Bottom