Question About Waxing

I've been planning on getting my chest hair waxed. Right now it's like a bunch of pubes, but I've noticed it started spreading out to my pecs. As a newbie to waxing, I'd like to know which is the best way to go - salon or wax strips? On one hand, I want a professional to do it, but I can't justify spending 5 times the money at a salon. Do waxing strips work as well or are they cheaper because they suck? Let me know your guys' experiences.

chest-hair-mustache.jpg

Come at me bro.

its hard to inflict that type of pain on yourself...

maybe go to a professional the first time then maintain it your self with wax strips or nair

Yooo, that Steve Carell pic is giving me pain just looking at it. 
roll.gif

But that dude is grizzly bear status.
laugh.gif

@mytmouse76  I was thinking about starting off like you said. I can take a lot of  physical pain though, so I'm just concerned more with the effectiveness. Are waxing strips as effective, like in terms of how long it takes the hair to grow back, eventual thinning of hair, etc ?

Last edited:
-Put a bandaid on your chest
-Go to sleep
-wake up and rip it off

Imagine that on your entire chest. If you think you can handle it, go for it.
If not, go to a professional...

Disclaimer: I don't have, nor have I ever had enough chest hair to shave off or wax

Yooo, that Steve Carell pic is giving me pain just looking at it. :rofl:  
But that dude is grizzly bear status. :lol:

@mytmouse76
 I was thinking about starting off like you said. I can take a lot of  physical pain though, so I'm just concerned more with the effectiveness. Are waxing strips as effective, like in terms of how long it takes the hair to grow back, eventual thinning of hair, etc ?

i don't like waxing strips...to me the wax isn't the same as the stuff that comes in the pot or whatever but i only did it once

i don't know about the hair being thinner...i don't think that happens for everyone but a good wax should last you about 2 months...

check groupon in your area for wax deals...you can get like 3 sessions for 55-85 sometimes or some type of waxing deal...they ALWAYS have them

Yooo, that Steve Carell pic is giving me pain just looking at it. 
roll.gif

But that dude is grizzly bear status.
laugh.gif

@mytmouse76
 I was thinking about starting off like you said. I can take a lot of  physical pain though, so I'm just concerned more with the effectiveness. Are waxing strips as effective, like in terms of how long it takes the hair to grow back, eventual thinning of hair, etc ?
i don't like waxing strips...to me the wax isn't the same as the stuff that comes in the pot or whatever but i only did it once

i don't know about the hair being thinner...i don't think that happens for everyone but a good wax should last you about 2 months...

check groupon in your area for wax deals...you can get like 3 sessions for 55-85 sometimes or some type of waxing deal...they ALWAYS have them
That was helpful, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom