*Question for all unlocked iPhone users*

I posted this in the official iPhone thread but got no response so..... Where did you get your iPhone unlocked at? And how much does it cost to do this if any?

FREE FTW!
I bought it at the Apple store near where I live.
Took it home opened it up...jailbroke it and unlocked it within 20 minutes.
www.modmyifone.com has all the info you need to do it.

im looking for an answer too, and how does it work? do i just plug in my sim card and everything just works?

Originally Posted by AJChick23

FREE FTW!
I bought it at the Apple store near where I live.
Took it home opened it up...jailbroke it and unlocked it within 20 minutes.
www.modmyifone.com has all the info you need to do it.

What does "jailbroke" mean exactly? And is this something you must do to use the phone on T-Mobile's network?

I just got my unlocked one today. I bought it off of craigslist actually. Got it for a great price and the dude was cool enough to show me how to put the SIMin and everything. I'm still learning, but let me tell you something I learned quick-You CAN put the sim card and get it to work with no problems, BUT thecontacts won't just import into the phone. You need to 1. Do it all manually(which from my searching I found a lot of folks who did), or 2. Find a programwhich will import for you. I used SIMport, and it worked perfectly.

RW jailbroken means that you can use the phone for all of the cool apps like Nintendo games. You don't need the phone to be jailbroken to use onT-Mobile(talk, text, etc.), but to do all of the other cool stuff you need it done.

I'm using mine on T-Mo btw...

Yes you MUST jailbreak your phone to use it on tmobile.
First of all do you guys know what firmware your phone is running?

Actually NCtwin you do need it to be jailbroken to use it on the tmobile network.
You have to jailbreak it because if you don't how can you download the installer app to download the software to unlock it with?

Koopa if you buy one already unlocked it will work without you having to do anything to it.
If it doesn't say it's unlocked then you can't just pop your tmobile sim in it...then what would be the whole point of everybody asking questionsabout how to unlock it?

i just wanna get one soon, but im not exactly good w/ comps so i might just buy one off of someone thats already unlocked. i use t-mobile, so if i just put mysim card in, everything works without any tweaks?

Yes you MUST jailbreak your phone to use it on tmobile.
First of all do you guys know what firmware your phone is running?

No actually I don't but here's the story on why I need this info....... A co-worker of mine has a iPhone that he doesn't use and a BB Curvethat he is currently using, I told him that he can get the iphone unlocked and use it for T-Mobile so that he would sell me the Curve. He's willing to getthe iphone unlocked if I can get some info for him on how it's done. I doubt he even knows the version and all that since he told me that he hasn'tused it yet.

rwfanatic and koopa..you guys need to have the iphones in your hands..literally before I can even begin to help you out!

The iphone has had several firmware updates and I can only tell you what to do if you guys have it in your hands and can check the firmware.
It's a step by step process so until you get it in your hands I really can't tell you...PM me when you get it. Otherwise it's useless.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

lol AJChick is a beast in these topics

Lol
tongue.gif
If only I got paid for helping haha.

Dam itz Lou..well if it's still in some sort of working condition you can "virginize" it and that basically erases everything that shows youunlocked and or jailbroke it so it's still under warranty.

Actually NCtwin you do need it to be jailbroken to use it on the tmobile network.
You have to jailbreak it because if you don't how can you download the installer app to download the software to unlock it with?

Koopa if you buy one already unlocked it will work without you having to do anything to it.
If it doesn't say it's unlocked then you can't just pop your tmobile sim in it...then what would be the whole point of everybody asking questions about how to unlock it?

no you dont..if you want to use it on another network it just needs to be unlocked..jailbreaking it just allows you to add different apps..unlocking itallows you to use it on another network besides At&t

AJChick23 - you will be hearing from me. soon, hopefully haha. i really wanna get one.

It seems like everyone likes the I-phone and I am considering it but I am hesitant. Would it be best to wait until the newer version is released, with the 3G,or is that too far out? Are there many downsides to the current I-phone? What are the risks to doing the whole jailbreaking thing? I appreciate any help!

I'm still learning, so I'm sorry if I was wrong. I was pretty sure all it had to do was be unlocked...

Anyway, I do need some help. I have mine in my hand and I was wondering if there were any apps I could download to use any of the messengers(AIM, Yahoo, etc.).Thanks in advance.

Alright Koopa, I'll PM you my AIM.
Dskilz, well it's easier then people make it out to be.
With Dev Team constantly putting out easier and lower risk software to hack it with I'd say it's a very low risk thing to do as long as you'resomewhat computer savvy.
I can't think of any downsides because I install a new third party app like every other day that is so fun to play with.

I guess you could wait on the 3G if it's droppin soon...I haven't really been following the release of it.

EDIT...NCTwin, well I had to jailbreak mine to get the installer app which had the "anysim" program which unlocked mine...
iChat is good for AIMmsn/icq...the Apollo app sucks.
wink.gif

i use zIphone, and it's one click do-all... all of the apps that you would ever need come in installer...

Originally Posted by jtothadub

i use zIphone, and it's one click do-all... all of the apps that you would ever need come in installer...

That's what's on mine. I'm still messing with it at the moment. Are Nintendo games in here too¿

Question for me..: whats the best/most used app to JailBreak and allow the iPhone to any sim card, on Windows?

Question from friend: Friend told me there is app on modmyifone that allows the iPhone to update to a newer firmware, keeping the jailbreaking and free simstuff intact. What is the app?

Alright Koopa, I'll PM you my AIM.
Dskilz, well it's easier then people make it out to be.
With Dev Team constantly putting out easier and lower risk software to hack it with I'd say it's a very low risk thing to do as long as you're somewhat computer savvy.
I can't think of any downsides because I install a new third party app like every other day that is so fun to play with.

I guess you could wait on the 3G if it's droppin soon...I haven't really been following the release of it.

EDIT...NCTwin, well I had to jailbreak mine to get the installer app which had the "anysim" program which unlocked mine...
iChat is good for AIMmsn/icq...the Apollo app sucks.
wink.gif

depends on what method you use..but you definitely dont have to jailbreak to unlock..so if you want to use the phone on AT&T its pointless to unlockjust jailbreak it..

jailbreaking=being able to add themes,apps,etc

unlocking=using the phone on any GSM network

but i have found that iliberty is the best choice..i have heard alot of problems with ziphone..

Back
Top Bottom