question for NTers at University of Illinois

I'm gonna be visiting Urbana-Champaign next Friday as a college visit, and I was wondering how you like it there. I'm not sure what I'm planning tomajor in, maybe English, Business, or something in Engineering, if I get my grades up. I know the Engineering program is really good and selective, so I'mnot sure if I'd get admitted into engineering.

Anyone or any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Great school academically & socially. Plus you only gotta be 19 to hit up the bars. Hit up Green St. when u arrive. Tons of bars/clubs to choose from. Iactually made the drive there 2 weekends ago. Had a great time

I actually go to Purdue but i visit Champaign a lot. I'm actually gonna visit for Homecoming & the Jay Z concert in November. I'm from Chicago so Iknow a handful of folks down there

Only reason im not there is because Purdue offered me a nice scholarship.

Man that place is in the middle of nowhere though. Never actually been on campus though. Good school.

Ummm not really......Its in central illinois easy driving distance to Chicago, Peoria, Springfield. I know alot of people that go to that school and its apretty nice campus but extremely hard to get into especially if you doing engineering. And they party like no other at that school since everyone can get intothe bars since they only 19.

i go there
nerd.gif

good school, large school, a large variety of majors and lots of parties. engineering is real hard here. im in economics. walk to class, bike, drive, or takethe free buses. visit other schools like siu, eiu, niu, isu, etc

Yeah, that 19 year old drinking age is pretty nice, and probably convenient.

I'm sure I'll probably have questions later, but I just can't think of any. Thanks for all your help, guys.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

I'm sure I'll probably have questions later, but I just can't think of any. Thanks for all your help, guys.
lol you wish. it's 19 to get into the bars. still need to be 21 to buy drinks

I just graduated from U of I this past May, and it's easily one of the better schools in the region (if not the nation). I loved it there, didn't cometo appreciate it until I started graduate school at another school. Academics are challenging, campus life is ridiculous, EVERYONE migrates there forHomecoming, StepDown and Unofficial, as well as other major weekends. Main thing I would say tho is that U of I helps those who help themselves. Handle yourbusiness and you should make it past 1st semester...do anything other than that, and you'll see that Parkland is always accepting applications.

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Man that place is in the middle of nowhere though. Never actually been on campus though. Good school.

Ummm not really......Its in central illinois easy driving distance to Chicago, Peoria, Springfield. I know alot of people that go to that school and its a pretty nice campus but extremely hard to get into especially if you doing engineering. And they party like no other at that school since everyone can get into the bars since they only 19.

Ummm, yeah, really. I'm from Peoria. Over an hour and a half drive. Chicago much longer. Place sits in the middle of a cornfield.

Not hating though, but it's not the type of environment that appeals to me. Then again, I've never been on campus.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

lol you wish. it's 19 to get into the bars. still need to be 21 to buy drinks
laugh.gif
Okay, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.

And to the Northwestern dude:
Yeah, maybe at emptying bank accounts.
eyes.gif

I'm at SIU but my boy goes to U of I and he HATES it, mainly cuz all his guys left.....but on the flip side I know this chick that goes there and she LOVESit......to each his own, college is what you make it

Academically though, its one of the best public schools in the country, cant go wrong going there

but nall, U of I is in a small city......SIU is in the middle of nowhere lol oh yea its 19 to get in....but I know here at least its so easy to get liquor thatthe drinking age may as well be 18

Back
Top Bottom