Question for the Car-Heads

So i need to purchase a whip in the price range of about 2000-3000...and i know NOTHING about cars...well besides the basics. Whats a good reliable car in the range? I really want an Acura Tl,but im hearing about transmission problems within the older versions.

So i need to purchase a whip in the price range of about 2000-3000...and i know NOTHING about cars...well besides the basics. Whats a good reliable car in the range? I really want an Acura Tl,but im hearing about transmission problems within the older versions.

A lot of people are going to say Hondas and Toyotas because they're cheap and they get good gas and are pretty easy for mechanics to fix.

I vote for:

volkswagen_1983-Golf-II-GTI-001_1-L.jpg

Get that, get a Robert Bentley Manual and get it done yourself. Parts are pretty cheap too.

A lot of people are going to say Hondas and Toyotas because they're cheap and they get good gas and are pretty easy for mechanics to fix.

I vote for:

volkswagen_1983-Golf-II-GTI-001_1-L.jpg

Get that, get a Robert Bentley Manual and get it done yourself. Parts are pretty cheap too.

Find yourself a Mazda Protege or something. Easy to fix, reliable and also low on insurance. You aren't going to find a late TL that is in good condition for that price(well, you might, but it will be high mileage).  Where do you live(state and city)? That also makes a big difference on what you should chose

Find yourself a Mazda Protege or something. Easy to fix, reliable and also low on insurance. You aren't going to find a late TL that is in good condition for that price(well, you might, but it will be high mileage).  Where do you live(state and city)? That also makes a big difference on what you should chose

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

03 cadillac deville on swangas
pimp.gif

nah i aint really into the rims,but i heard once cadi starts having electrical problems,it'll never be the same

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

03 cadillac deville on swangas
pimp.gif

nah i aint really into the rims,but i heard once cadi starts having electrical problems,it'll never be the same

Originally Posted by pookieman

yeah i dont like the new tl's i was thinking like 98-02. I live in NYC,but im in VA for school(which is about 8 months out the year),so the majority of my driving will be in VA.

yeah i dont like the new tl's i was thinking like 98-02. I live in NYC,but im in VA for school(which is about 8 months out the year),so the majority of my driving will be in VA.

Originally Posted by Mdotte

For an easy comprehensive comparison of certain cars as well as they issues they face use http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/AddCompare.aspx

I bought both my cars off of ebay, the first one was a salvage vehicle that I got for 250 then fixed for another 1000. Ford Taurus...damn I loved car. 

Cop a 91 accord and spend the rest of the money on suspension mods. Joints are bullet proof
pimp.gif

For an easy comprehensive comparison of certain cars as well as they issues they face use http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/AddCompare.aspx

I bought both my cars off of ebay, the first one was a salvage vehicle that I got for 250 then fixed for another 1000. Ford Taurus...damn I loved car. 

Cop a 91 accord and spend the rest of the money on suspension mods. Joints are bullet proof
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

pimp.gif
i wouldnt even know where to start with upgrading in all...but i was looking at accords and Camry's

pimp.gif
i wouldnt even know where to start with upgrading in all...but i was looking at accords and Camry's

pimp.gif

As far as 90-93 Accords go this is the best site Cb7tuner.com
happy.gif

pimp.gif

As far as 90-93 Accords go this is the best site Cb7tuner.com
happy.gif

for that budget i would get a civic hatchback, something in the mid to late 90's. as stated before, they're cheap to begin with, parts are cheap, easy to work on (legos), good on gas and reliable, what more could one ask for?

also, you could mod it in a way to suit your liking for dirt cheap as well

for that budget i would get a civic hatchback, something in the mid to late 90's. as stated before, they're cheap to begin with, parts are cheap, easy to work on (legos), good on gas and reliable, what more could one ask for?

also, you could mod it in a way to suit your liking for dirt cheap as well

Back
Top Bottom