QUESTION FOR YOU COLLECTORS??!!

How long ago did you guys start collecting Jordans...?
-I've always liked Jordans since 2005 but I actually started collecting about a year ago when I finally had a job to be able to buy them.

I'm just curious to see when this whole "shoe collecting" era began.
nerd.gif

P.S. Please don't tell me it started with hip-hop groups since the 70s. I want to know when YOU started.

I was always a fan of all the Nike Air Max Running Line and remember watching players such as Barkley, Penny, Pippen and of course MJ (among many others from agreat era in basketball) play basketball games in the Nike/JB Sig lines.....I would always play in the latest Jordans for high school...I had the 16's(black/red), 17's (Copper) 18.5 (White/Black) for my Sophomore, Junior and Senior Years respectively....

Anyways, I started seriously collecting 4 years ago when I first got a job at Finish Line.....my first purchase from FNL was a pair of the White/Red Air JordanXIV's and of course I would purchase the "Last Shot's" as well. I remembered watching Jordan play when he came back and wanted to have theshoes that the greatest man played in because they were not only the latest in fashion, but extremely comfortable as well. Over time my collection continuedto grow and then I moved on from FNL to Champs so I could have the 50% off on Employee Appreciation and a discount at FTL/FA as well. Now I'm over 100pairs, about 45 Jordans, 10 LeBron's, 15 Penny's, 8-10 Barkely's Pippens, and about 25 Nike Running/Training shoes....it's been a sweet rideand I don't plan to stop anytime soon....i've been focusing on older retro's and some originals now

I started in the summer of 2007 when I was 14.

I'd save up birthday, christmas, and chinese new year money up for shoes.

I went to Jordan's last game in Philly. That's when I think it sparked up my interest a little bit.

since 98 my sister bought me a pair of blk/wht xiv then when i was able to get a job it just got a little more crazy for me

i started liking jordans and owned a few pairs when i was in middle school..
didn't start collecting big time until high school when i had a job.

I've been wearing J's since i can remember but i didnt start actually collecting until summer or 06 once i joined the military...be on the lookout fora collection post soon.

ive always worn jordans..as a kid in middle and grade school..
rocked a bulls jersey and a pair of j's everyday
laugh.gif

but i think when i was a junior in high school..i really got into the game
i had money from a job and could by my own ishh..havent been able to stop since
laugh.gif

since 1994 black/black/red 9 then it went on and on and on and blew up in 1999 when i got my first job but mom and pop always gave me at least 1 jay a year andit worked out because only number jordans in 5 colors came out

I remember my first pair being the 4s, since then I always wore Js since I thought MJ was the MAN started collecting around 13/14.....

i've been wearing jordans since the og blk/red iv's, but i started collecting

back in 98 when i was old enough to start working and make my own money

started collecting bout two years ago.( i started making the big bucks) but i always liked shoes ever since the first time i saw the 13s now i got more shoesthen i can count.

i have been wearing jordans since the 17's my first pair was the black and croc low's 17's are extremely underrated

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

I started in the summer of 2007 when I was 14.

I'd save up birthday, christmas, and chinese new year money up for shoes.

I went to Jordan's last game in Philly. That's when I think it sparked up my interest a little bit.
You can get quite a lot of money for Chinese New Year lol
laugh.gif
...Last year I think I got like $400
happy.gif

^ I miss chinese new year money.

It started with my first pair of Jordans. The grape Vs back in the early 90s. Started really collecting in '97-'98.

I was collecting nikes since my junior year in high school, but my first pair of jays came about a year ago

Been around jordans since 95 with the og spacejams. Didn't start collecting until 2000-2004 then took a long break until my career took off in 07. Nowi'm back in the game playing catch up.

First pair of J's were the OG black/red XI's. Didn't start collecting until 2001, got real into it though in 2003.

I started collecting shoes when the 1st Tmacs came out. Then i started collecting Jordans when I entered High School.

Back
Top Bottom