QUESTION FOR YOU COLLECTORS??!!

i've been buying on and off since 1990-91, and wear every pair i have ever bought. collecting crap just for the sake of having them is for chumps.

i started when i was in 7th grade playing aau ball they gave us the xv in white and green. i remember i got in mad trouble for never wearing them to games.you couldnt tell me anything 7th grade wearing the same sneaker ray allen was wearing to school
pimp.gif

i started collecting in '04 with my first pair I bought for myself was the chi ii's but I been wearing jordans since middle school '97

I thought most of NT was young and started in like the 2000s...but here(to my surprise) I see alot of guys that started in the early 90s
eek.gif

Some dude even said he got OG Space jams in 1995
smh.gif
laugh.gif
...This is NT, we don't have to lie here
roll.gif

I won a bet with a kid on my block when I was 11 or 12 and he had to give me his black/red 1s, this was probably 87'.

1996-1997 was the 1st year I bought my 1st pair of Jordan(OG Jordan XIII White/Red/Pearl Grey) but my cousin's use to give me there hand me downJ's(1st one was OG Jordan XI Blk/Red)

I had my first Air Jordan 6 years ago, from then i already started collecting until early this year..I already sold most of my kicks but my passion for kickswill remain forever...

xmas 92 when i got them jordan VII raptors.... but as a youngsta i culdn't get all the pairs i wanted....
so i really start collecting back in 03/04 cnt really remember when the III & VIII dropped.. ever since i ve been trying to copp all the major realeases...cnt complain bout my lil collection ...
wink.gif

I been Rocking and collecting Air Jordans since 1991. I was always particular about keeping my shoes clean because MJ's always looked brand new back then.I did not know he got new pairs every game
laugh.gif
. I bought my first pair onmy own in 1999. They were the Blk/white/ Neon green XIV's. Before that my parents always either bought them for me or contributed to the money I had savedso I can get them. I'm 28 now. This thing has changed a whole lot.

Originally Posted by McCree23

I been Rocking and wearing Air Jordans since 1991. I'm 28 now. This thing has changed a whole lot.
Yeah it has
frown.gif
, Fusions have taken over...I'm justcollecting the older retros now that I didn't get a chance to get
ohwell.gif

In 1989 I remember a kid in my class got a pair of IVs and he passed them around so we could all look through the air bubble. None of us had ever seen anythinglike that before. I was hooked. Nothing will ever be as good as fresh pair of cement IV's for me.

I had a deal set up (this was jr high, 1990) to buy a pair of my friend's OG cement IV's for $10 and a juic box which were a year, year and half old atthat point. It was all ready to go down, when my dad caught wind of it and broke it up. "You're not buying someboday's old +!$ shoes!" Ilikeot remind him these days what a good investment that $10 would have been!

I started out with a few pairs of Bo's then upgraded to the Infrared VI's which I still have in NDS condition...

Then in '99 (with many sneaker purchases in between, but no J's to speak of...) I snapped up a half dozen of the IVs. I remember driving home fromwork and seeing a kid wearing a pair of cement IVs walking down the street. Talk about breakin (my) neck...

I hit up the footlockers, all sold out... then I go on Nike.com... for what seemed like most of the summer, definitely a few weeks, they had a FSR ofIV's in black and white with free shipping... None of this selling out in minutes BS you see today! I snapped up 2 pairs each... with a bill of over $400. That was the most I ad dropped on a single day shoe purchse, but I guess you could say that was the day I became a collector
wink.gif

I was always a Jordan fan.

First pair of Jordan's were a pair of Fire Red V's, that were hand me downs from my cousin back in '91.

Through Middle School and the early years of High School didn't rock Jordan's. My mom wouldn't budge,
laugh.gif
. I only had random Nike's that were less than $65. Money was tight. Idid get my mom to budge and buy me the Emerald Griffeys that were on sale at Footlocker for $75
smokin.gif

98125a6ed695478db8b25a706950ff5a4dea06c.jpg

(not my pic), I rocked those with everything. I didn't care if I didn't match,
laugh.gif

I got my first job during my Senior Year of HS (1999) and one of my cousin's got a job at a local shoe store. I bought the White/Carolina XIV, followed bythe Garnett III's, then the Black/Red IV, White/Black/Red V, Infrared VI.....so on and so on. The shoes just began to accumulate. I had no intention ofstarting a collection, since I rocked all my kicks. In fact all the aformentioned shoes were destroyed beyond recognition.

I don't believe in keeping shoes DS, but with the amount of shoes I have (last count was 175, and it's been awhile since I counted), some go unworn. Iwill probably unload some soon. It is getting crowded and I don't really need that many shoes just taking up space. I will keep a few, but I want to getdown to 100, and keep it there.

Originally Posted by badboy074

the aj11 started i remember niketown when it was a small store by fountain and i forgot the other street before it became niketown los angeles in beverly hills. I collected air jordan 11 and air max uptempo shoes. Those were my two faves. But i couldn't keep them for long as new shoes kept coming along and i would exchange them for the new ones every time in nike store at that time. The management caught onto my antics and always gave me a mean look because i would keep doing returns i remember. I finally one day in beverly hills niketown got called by management for too many returns and never was allowed to return anything for exchange ever again. After that lesson learned on my part and i became choosy as to what shoes i wanted from there on out. Now that jordan is bad i only collect nike basketball shoes strictly.
MAKES NO SENSE
grammar-book.jpg

i

Back
Top Bottom