Question on a speeding ticket...

I got a speeding ticket back in August. I live in NYC and I was on the belt heading towards the Verrazano, I was doing 70 in a 50 in a work zone. I went to DMV and requested a court date and now 6 months later my court date is coming up on the 15th. My issue is I also have an interview on the 16th and really don't want to take two days back to back off from work. A friend told me I can have the court date moved and just keep on moving it for like 2 years and eventually when I do show up the cop probably won't even show up and the case would be dismissed. 
Its my first time getting caught speeding, is what my friend said true? and is there any way I can get out of paying that damn $400 ticket!!?

Originally Posted by MrBrown

I missed mine

pepper your angus

Was just reading your post lmao.... These traffic violations is real out here. lol
And i'd rather not pay this fine because I felt I was going with the flow of traffic. Anyone familiar with the belt parkway? dudes be busting 75 like its nothing especially the closer you get to the bridge. I felt I was singled out cause I was blasting my music mad loud in a brand new car....  
pimp.gif
 I was feeling myself to much

Originally Posted by Dipsetallday05

Originally Posted by MrBrown

I missed mine

pepper your angus

Was just reading your post lmao.... These traffic violations is real out here. lol
And i'd rather not pay this fine because I felt I was going with the flow of traffic. Anyone familiar with the belt parkway? dudes be busting 75 like its nothing especially the closer you get to the bridge. I felt I was singled out cause I was blasting my music mad loud in a brand new car....  
pimp.gif
 I was feeling myself to much
Whenever I see a cop, I basically turn my music off. I know they are looking for the young kids blastin music with their tinted windows, rims, etc.

I would look into hiring a traffic lawyer who can get the ticket dismissed. I had friends get speeding tickets all the time and just hire a lawyer to get it dismissed. Not sure if the state laws up there though would make it not worth it. 

Originally Posted by asianplayer

I would look into hiring a traffic lawyer who can get the ticket dismissed. I had friends get speeding tickets all the time and just hire a lawyer to get it dismissed. Not sure if the state laws up there though would make it not worth it. 

i imagine a "traffic lawyer" would be for folks with DUI's and other large fine/point tickets no? 
I mean im sure they would charge more than the 300$ ticket OP is gettin 

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by asianplayer

i imagine a "traffic lawyer" would be for folks with DUI's and other large fine/point tickets no? 
I mean im sure they would charge more than the 300$ ticket OP is gettin 
Yeah, I was thinking that. Anyone know if I can reschedule this though?

Back
Top Bottom