Question on a Tint Ticket

air spider 777

Supporter
Well I have received a windshield tint ticket a little while ago, court date is next week. But I realized 2 things.

One the police officer wrote my license expiration date the same date as my date of birth and second is the officer wrote the violation as 37512AB2. I googled the code and that says its the side window tint. And in the description it says front windshield tint. Can someone confirm that?

Now do you think I should go to court on it? I always dont bother going to court for my tint tickets but since the mistakes are on it I am thinking of going.

Thoughts?

No Option to just pay the fine? It's like a $15 ticket if I'm not mistaken.

I have a note from my eye dr saying I need the tint for my sensitive blue eyes. Cops look at the note and wish me a good day

I can pay the fine. And I always do with my tint tickets but if I have a chance to get the ticket dismissed I might fight it.

Its 90 per window in NYC.

Like I said I always pay the tint tickets and not go to court but if I have a chance I may go. Take a sick day and afterwards catch a baseball game. Lol

I didn't think they broke it down per window. Guess it depends on the state. My friend got a $500 tint ticket a few years back :x

Never understood the rationale behind paying multiple tint tickets I don't care how much money you have. No Tint looks that good and inviting police contact :smh:

I didn't think they broke it down per window. Guess it depends on the state. My friend got a $500 tint ticket a few years back :x

Never understood the rationale behind paying multiple tint tickets I don't care how much money you have. No Tint looks that good and inviting police contact :smh:

I like the way it looks. Looks badass.

And I will pay the tickets. But this cop ****** up on the ticket and if I have a chance to not pay NYS on their **** up, well, why not. lol

I can pay the fine. And I always do with my tint tickets but if I have a chance to get the ticket dismissed I might fight it.

Its 90 per window in NYC.

Like I said I always pay the tint tickets and not go to court but if I have a chance I may go. Take a sick day and afterwards catch a baseball game. Lol

dont pull a zack morris

In CA its $20 if removed and $130? To keep it on. Thats for the front side windows. Not sure of windshield is the same. I would always get tickets from highway patrol but never city police

In CA its $20 if removed and $130? To keep it on. Thats for the front side windows. Not sure of windshield is the same. I would always get tickets from highway patrol but never city police

I got bothered regularly about front window tint, locally, CHP, and in LA. Cops will use the excuse to pull you over and run the record for warrants.

Especially if you drive a black car. I got pulled over in LA years ago and the cop came up to my window with his hand on his gun asked me like 3 times in a row if the car was turned off :lol: :stoneface: :smh: dude was ready to go, ended up just letting me go said get the tint fixed :rolleyes

After getting 2 tint tickets I just leave the front windows normal, it's not worth the constant harassment from pigs that dont got anything else to do :rolleyes

My car still occasionally gets profiled too :lol: >D

FYI - if you get a tint ticket, the police puts your car under "surveillance" so whoever is patrolling will be on the look out to write you another ticket.

FYI - if you get a tint ticket, the police puts your car under "surveillance" so whoever is patrolling will be on the look out to write you another ticket.

Lol wut? I think you've been reading too many of those NSA articles.

OP a judge isn't going to let you slide cause the cop made an error. Cops are human too and make mistakes. Plus it's not like he violated your Miranda rights or violated your civil rights. A judge is probably not going to do anything based on the fact your wasting the courts time trying to weasel your way out of a ticket. Save yourself time and just pay the fine.

in houston, if you just get it removed you can get the tickets dismissed and pay the basic court costs.

basically, just take pictures of your car without tint, and take them to court and say "hey look, i got the tint removed!" :tongue:

OP a judge isn't going to let you slide cause the cop made an error. Cops are human too and make mistakes. Plus it's not like he violated your Miranda rights or violated your civil rights. A judge is probably not going to do anything based on the fact your wasting the courts time trying to weasel your way out of a ticket. Save yourself time and just pay the fine.

Pretty false. I've had tickets dismissed when I contested them just because the ticket wasn't descriptive enough. For example "tinted windows". It's not illegal to have tint on your windows. "plate cover" it's not illegal to have a plate cover on your car.

OP the almost same incident happened to me about 3 years ago. If its not gonna make you take off work then I say go. I beat mine because he wrote down the wrong date that he pulled me over. When I showed the judge my Original copy and said I was not in VA that day he matched it up with the trooper's ticket and could tell the cop had altered his date. Cop was so heated for getting called out. Ticket was $100 in Fredricksburg, VA. Got dismissed and I peaced out. This ******* got what he deserved because he pulled me over in traffic with pouring down rain on 95. Put the machine on my window and it said 11% with rain pouring inside my car. He thought I wouldn't come back to fight it but I did a month later just to visit my people in D.C. When I walked in the courtroom he looked at me like why the **** are you here ??:tongue:

Moral of the story...

...If you're driving thru VA with tints, you will get pulled o:smh:ver

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Fam I got pulled over for my tints a few weeks ago driving through VA on my way back to NC on 85 in Brunswick County....When I first passed him he was finishing up a ticket with someone else so I had got over in the left lane and kept it moving...like 5 miles down the highway I see him coming up in my rearview, and I think he's just passing by, and he pulls up right behind me.... The cop a young black dude couldn't have been older than 29 or 30 hops out the whip with the little machine, asks the regular questions about my tint, puts the machine on and it comes back as 11%....I turn my music down and son's exact words are "You don't have to turn your music down I listen to Ross too"....Son goes back to the whip gives me the ticket, tells me how I don't have to come to court, and that I can just pay the fine which is only like $50, then tells me "I'm sorry man I'm just trying to get paid" >D Ticket was like $120 after the court costs, my 2nd tint ticket in like 4 years...**** had me tight, but the cop pissed me off more for the fact that he got me on the highway 20 miles from the NC state line

.I turn my music down and son's exact words are "You don't have to turn your music down I listen to Ross too"....Son goes back to the whip gives me the ticket, tells me how I don't have to come to court, and that I can just pay the fine which is only like $50, then tells me "I'm sorry man I'm just trying to get paid" >D

:wow: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Here in memphis, they'll tell u to get it taken off or proof that you took it of. Ways around that. Google a image of your car, bring your phone to court, show the image, they'll look at it....dismissed

Yeah tint ticket in LA is a fix it ticket. Which means you have to take the tint off or pay 350.

Oh and that Houston dude , that doesn't work Here because a police officer has to sign your ticket. And they always match up the plates. Won't matter if you take pictures of your car without a tint if you don't have the back of the ticket signed. If you have a family or friend police officer, you can just take them the ticket tho

Last edited:
Its not a fix it ticket in NY. I know how that part works.

Im just asking if I have a case based on the Cop's error. lol

We shall see. I already took the day off. lol

Last edited:
Down here its illegal to have the windshield tinted.
.I turn my music down and son's exact words are "You don't have to turn your music down I listen to Ross too"....Son goes back to the whip gives me the ticket, tells me how I don't have to come to court, and that I can just pay the fine which is only like $50, then tells me "I'm sorry man I'm just trying to get paid" >D

:wow: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:
Damn son , no shame in his game. Bet money you thought you were gnna get off with a warning when you heard that?

Stop being such a sheep and wanting the Big Brother to give u a prostate exam sans lube every chance it can get.  If the officer writing a ticket screws it up then you definitely should be able to get that ticket dismissed. 

To the OP, do some research and ask around, but you should be able to get off if I'm remembering things right.  But make sure you confirm you're right before going to court so you don't look like a fool.  And be sure to suit up in court, the judge will take you more seriously if you do so.

Back
Top Bottom