Question on ex-college player

So, I'm in high school and we're about to have tryouts this Saturday. One of my teachers pulls me out and introduces me to some huge guy. His name is Stan Aldover and it turns out he's our new coach. Can anyone give me a quick bio on him? 
smile.gif

So, I'm in high school and we're about to have tryouts this Saturday. One of my teachers pulls me out and introduces me to some huge guy. His name is Stan Aldover and it turns out he's our new coach. Can anyone give me a quick bio on him? 
smile.gif

I can't find much about him except that he left Ateneo and played in CSB. S'all. I wanna know if he actually made good with his years in college or something.

I can't find much about him except that he left Ateneo and played in CSB. S'all. I wanna know if he actually made good with his years in college or something.

Well, just found out he played for the Eagles all the way til college, where he wasn't accepted or something. Maybe that's how we got him. One of my teachers (who's gonna be our assistant coach) was part of the Eaglets team that had Jai Reyes or something and they won a chip.
arsure: Reedley IS. Yeah, I'm not ashamed to say it. I find those who call us a dropout school so ignorant. They haven't seen how the school has progressed in just these last few years. I can't tell you how many of our graduates are enjoying or have enjoyed their studies in prestigious schools abroad, an opportunity they may have never had had they not entered RIS.

Well, just found out he played for the Eagles all the way til college, where he wasn't accepted or something. Maybe that's how we got him. One of my teachers (who's gonna be our assistant coach) was part of the Eaglets team that had Jai Reyes or something and they won a chip.
arsure: Reedley IS. Yeah, I'm not ashamed to say it. I find those who call us a dropout school so ignorant. They haven't seen how the school has progressed in just these last few years. I can't tell you how many of our graduates are enjoying or have enjoyed their studies in prestigious schools abroad, an opportunity they may have never had had they not entered RIS.

@Pocket:Lint - Stan did play for the Blue Eagle during his HS year and won in the UAAP. Can't remember if it was multiple chips though. He was part of the Ateneo Seniors Team B (if I am not mistaken) during this college years but eventually moved to CSB to be able to play. He played for 2 years in the NCAA and even joined the NCAA slam dunk event.

I've played against Stan for the past 3 years and as a player he's got game. He's long and can play both inside and outside. But I wouldn't call him the dominating type on both inside game and outside game (Rainier Sison is still a dead shot compared to him). However, there is a big difference when you are a player and you are on the bench coaching (I've had my share of both and I am saying this out of experience). But with Stan's experience in the HS and college level playing he will for sure be able to teach you guys a trick or two. In the end, you and your team will be the ones who can tell if he is good or not.

Good luck on your try outs!

@Pocket:Lint - Stan did play for the Blue Eagle during his HS year and won in the UAAP. Can't remember if it was multiple chips though. He was part of the Ateneo Seniors Team B (if I am not mistaken) during this college years but eventually moved to CSB to be able to play. He played for 2 years in the NCAA and even joined the NCAA slam dunk event.

I've played against Stan for the past 3 years and as a player he's got game. He's long and can play both inside and outside. But I wouldn't call him the dominating type on both inside game and outside game (Rainier Sison is still a dead shot compared to him). However, there is a big difference when you are a player and you are on the bench coaching (I've had my share of both and I am saying this out of experience). But with Stan's experience in the HS and college level playing he will for sure be able to teach you guys a trick or two. In the end, you and your team will be the ones who can tell if he is good or not.

Good luck on your try outs!

Back
Top Bottom