Question on White Patent Leather

Wassup Niketalk! Through the years of being sneaker heads we've seen the great inventions in sneaker maintenance such as sea glow, retro bright, and force fields. However have we yet to find a cure for yellowing patent leather? Is yellowing pattent leather on white color tones and even grey (cool grey ix's) incurable? Do you yall see a cure in the near future and if not does it affect your judgement on jordan brand products which contain patent leather that might yellow?

I searched the maintenance thread coz I bought a pair of PURE$ 3's that have slightly yellowed patent leather
and the general concenses was that there is little that can be done to cure yellowed (white) patent leather.
If there is a miracle cure then I'd love to hear it but not holding my breath.

Originally Posted by airBOZretroIII

I searched the maintenance thread coz I bought a pair of PURE$ 3's that have slightly yellowed patent leather
and the general concenses was that there is little that can be done to cure yellowed (white) patent leather.
If there is a miracle cure then I'd love to hear it but not holding my breath.

I've seen pics of Pure $ 3s with yellowed patent leather.. mine is still pearly white. Idk why tho cause I've worn them a few times and they've been in their box most of the time.

Oh well, I'm not complaining.
wink.gif

ive seen on restoremysneakers on youtube lighten some of the yellowing on a pair of columbias with "the sauce"

Yea i've seen "the sauce" used to whiten it, but thats only on extreme cases. For very minimal yellowing its hardly even noticeable. I personally hate it when it happens.

There has to be something for it. I think nobody has tried it yet. Weird how my allstar 23s yellowed but my white stealth 23s didn't.

sea glow gets the yellow off of rubber, midsoles of jordan 1s AF1s etc so why not try it on the patent?

Originally Posted by MDkicks

There has to be something for it. I think nobody has tried it yet. Weird how my allstar 23s yellowed but my white stealth 23s didn't.

exactly the same here

The new white patent turned yellowish on my Independence day Vs within 3 wears...we need a cure haha

Back
Top Bottom