Questions for Sonics and Blazer fans(draft day)

^ for some reason I dont want JO....what a crazy day for the Sonics.
Team
Air Max Family X Pacific Northwest
Seattle,Washington​

word has it, jordan himself is making another comeback and is playing on the seattle sonics for free. PHEW!
Team Pacific Northwest​
My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.​

I hate the trade. I've never been a fan of moving a PROVEN established NBA player for unknown commodities. West is a scrub...was in college too. Wally...dude was nice in college, but he hasnt really panned out in the NBA. And green? pshhhh He never once impressed me.

why not add to Ray like Indiana did with Reggie Miller in his latter years?
Keep Rid and Rashard in Seattle​

Quote:
why not add to Ray like Indiana did with Reggie Miller in his latter years?
s to break down, but then what? Yeah, we would've won more games and probably have been a #4 or #5 seed in the playoffs the next few years-- but if winning championships is the main goal, then why not just start from scratch?

With that being said, I can't stand Wally Szczerbiak (probably because he killed the Huskies) and never cared for Delonte West's game. And I guess I'm not necessarily sold on Jeff Green either-- but then again, I haven't seen him play much outside of March Madness.

Next year should be interesting to say the least. And for some reason, I don't think Presti is done yet because the current roster just doesn't make much sense. But I'll still be there on opening night supporting the Sonics.....word to Weedle and Squatch.

aside from drafting the future in durant, i was really really really hoping the sonics would stay in seattle (or at least the same state)..... a RAY + DURANT platform would've been more successful in getting that new arena than DURANT + JEFF GREEN >:
mad.gif

on a side note: broy's team looks DOPE.

GO DAWGS. :pimp:
pimp.gif

"LOVE is..
getting the shoes you want because YOU want them..
not because everyone else does.."

i absolutely hated the trade yesterday. i think i'm leaning more towards a strong dislike now. but come opening night i'm booing the hell out of wally and maybe even delonte. jeff green's got a little more leeway but all i can say is he better not be a bust. gave up ray allen for those 3.
Keep the Sonics in SeattleRay& KEVIN& Rashard& Chris& Luke& Earl& Damien & Nick& Johan
Out of towners don't be knowin about the best-kept's/Ain't nothing better than the summer in the NORTHWEST

I do have to admit, my knowledge of Green is limited, but from what I did see, I wasnt impressed.....but then, I personally aint all that hyped about Oden, and the rest of the world is.

My thing is...trade Ray...okay fine, but I'd MUCH rather trade him for other proven NBA players with upside. I dont see Wally as having upside...dudes had shots with Minn and Boston and hasnt done anything in my eyes..and like I said West does nothing for me....I wouldnt even put him on Luke or Watsons level....he put up less than stellar numbers on a BAD team in a BAD division

I think too many people are acting like Ray was a hue contributor to a good team. He was a great scorer for us, on a team who did nothing in the 4 years he was here. He is 32, and had major surgery on both ankles this last year. He was slow to heal and was out for how many games this past year? I mean say we keep him and he breaks down again this coming yea (which you can nearly bet on)r, and his stock plummets and the best we can get is a 2nd round pick or some crap. Instead we end up with the 5th pick in the strongest draft in at least 10 years. We also get Kevin, who I would rather have than Oden anyway and we get a pg that is arguably better than Luke and plays marginally better d. I love Green the kid has heart (see the charge he took from Oden?), and hes a workhorse coming from a bigtime program. I think this is the start of something big, really big. Hell I think we made out much better than Portland who got them selves the franchise(killer). And this renews basketball in the NW. I mean lets face it both Po and the Supes are going to find themselves on espn now, on network tv even and this is what makes a team stay. It is not ALL about wins it is about fan interest and something fresh might be just the thing we need. Have a little faith in our new GM, remember the last team he helped build is San Antonio. nw is we can just get a stadium worked out.

Aove all I guaranty this, I had very little interest in going to watch the team we had on the floor last year. Now I have already bought tickets for next year, and I can't be the only one.

Go Supes.

Team Pacific Northwest​

BFO, that was very insightful, thanks.

But why dud we get so many forwards? Am I missing something?

green, durant, landry, davis

not to mention the few we already have. some major trading i guess...
"Damn, this milk is helluva good!" -Mr.T

Powfo my money says that they are not done making moves. I know Chicago has been quite interested in Nick for instance. I believe this roster will change pretty significantly before they ever play a game.

Team Pacific Northwest​

BFO...I feel where youre comin from concerning Ray. He IS old by NBA standards and has been injured time and time again in the past. I still have a hard time letting him go with essentially no other veterans on the team to look to. rebuilding is all fine and good....its a neccessary thing in sports, but with all these new parts coming in, I have a bad feeling about the team cause we have nobody to really anchor anything. New ownership, management, GM, no coach yet.......with Ray gone none of the current players on the team are leaders. Assuming we keep Rashard, even when ray was hurt, Lewis played well, but never really showed any real leadership in my eyes. Thats what Im most worried about. That and that these guys are unproven on the NBA level.

Quote:
green, durant, landry, davis

We basically picked Landry for the Rockets...I think we get one of their future 2nd round picks and some cash. And Davis goes to Boston as part of the Ray Allen trade.

I hear you E Labor, Im just saying with Ray we can be ok for two years and then nothing, or without him we can be sick IN 2 years.

By the way they are reporting that Rashard has agreed to sign with Orlando on the 11th, that will clear up a bit of that log jam at forward I guess.

Team Pacific Northwest​

yeah I just heard that this morning....so I guess we are COMPLETELY rebuilding the team now. Like others have said, its not like we were gonna be in the Western Conf. Finals with Ray, Rashard, and Durant anyway but......jeez......I guess I'll just have to wait and watch. At least with Marques Johnson back the broadcasts will be good again

I just looked at all the free agents out there...theres nobody that really excites me. Billups wouldnt be a bad pick up, but I cant see Detroit letting him get away
Say Hi to Mickey and Goofy for me Rashard​

So PJ Carlisimo it is, and they announced today that Rashard would have gone for a sign and trade only had we hired Dwayn Casey.

Oh my.

Team Pacific Northwest​

^^^wow. so... we're not getting anything :lol:
laugh.gif
great.
"LOVE is..

I was 1000% against getting Carlisimo for coach, but after listening to the press conference, Im only 900% against it. I dont know.....I feel like they give this guy way too much credit in regards to his involvement with the Spurs and their championships. I'd say its way more on Pops...and I think even HE gets a lil too much credit....but thats niether here nor there.
aside from coaching, I gotta lay this Rashard business as the GM's feet. How do you let dude go and get NO compensation? Especially with no high-end free agents out there to spend that freed up $$$. I know Im sounding real cynical these days, but the Sonics arent doing much to change that. Maybe theyre holding out for some 2008 free agents? Overall, my outlook is not good

hey, on top of relieving an 18yr-old kid from the pressures of carrying a franchise, if grabbing KG gives us both a better shot at winning now AND keeping the supes in seattle (granted we nab him before the supes move at the end of this year) AND we're still able to keep durant :b
tongue.gif
LOVEYOU want them..

The team will be good, it is only a few years out, and they need time to get there. Spending big bucks on another damn forward is not the answer. The team is being built to be good a few years out and is forward heavy as it is. If we wanted to win now they would not have traded Ray and would not have let Lewis walk like that. They have some money freed up now, what they need is to make a move at the gaurd position, 3 mediocre guards isn't what we need.

You realize that the Supes have a lease with zero buy out clause that keeps them here until the end of 2010, and also that the best Clay can do is file paperwork to move but that he cant do that without the okay of the league owners, this isn't like they are ging to pile into a U-Haul at the end of the year and hit the block. The Seattle Mayors office has the power to keep them here through the '10 season, and since the mayor works for his constituents that means we have the power to keep them here. Adding KG won't do anything to keep them here that keeping Ray wouldnt have down except further overload the roster with F's. We will be a young dynamic team (oldest guy on the roster today is 26) and they are not done making moves.

Team Pacific Northwest​

I agree, a move at the guard position is needed. I honestly wish we'd never lost Antonio Daniels. He was highly underrated and a huge cog in that play-off run.
Im always nervous about "building for the future" in today's professional sports though. The way contracts are set up, and the way just about everybody is in a "win now" mode dosent seem to bode well for being good 3-4 years down the road. 3-4 years from now contracts will be up, the coach might be on the hot seat, the team might be gone/going. Building for the future is ideal, but Im not sure its realistic these days. Im REALLY anxious to see what other moves can be made before the season starts. Moving Collison to the Bulls was out there before, but I thought that was for a draft pick.....not sure who'd they'd let go that could help us.
the one good trend I see happening is that I think more good players from the West will be moving to the East making our conference a lil less tough and making a near future playoff appearance more likely if this team comes together the way alot of people seem to think it can.

so, mayor-willing, we get to keep the supes til 2010. while that would be great, i want to be cheering for the seattle sonics when they win the 'chip down the road, not the oklahoma city wranglers. my main concern (aside from keeping durant forever) has always been keeping the supes in seattle -- whatever gets them to stay, i'm down for. i figure a "DURANT + (insert proven/marketable all-star here)" :wink:
wink.gif
beforeMaybe they're holding out for some 2008 free agentsdamn forwards", you might as well have "the best damn forward :b
tongue.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

"LOVE is..

Back
Top Bottom