Quick PayPal question... vol. I think I got scammed

What's up NT, I'm in the middle of a deal and the buyer sent me the money and usually it shows right up in my paypal account and I can see the address of the buyer and whatnot but this time I recieved about 2-3 emails saying that for security purposes the money will not show up in my account until after I provide the tracking number as proof that I sent the package. Is this legit? I mean the emails are all from [email protected] (same as my other paypal updates recieved via email) but I jsut want to make sure there is nothing fishy going on.

What's up NT, I'm in the middle of a deal and the buyer sent me the money and usually it shows right up in my paypal account and I can see the address of the buyer and whatnot but this time I recieved about 2-3 emails saying that for security purposes the money will not show up in my account until after I provide the tracking number as proof that I sent the package. Is this legit? I mean the emails are all from [email protected] (same as my other paypal updates recieved via email) but I jsut want to make sure there is nothing fishy going on.

Originally Posted by aaronj

yea, u need to give them tracking info

yea, u need to give them tracking info

So this is legit then? No worries about getting scammed? I mean they're just coughdrops, I don't see why this would be a scam since they're still heavy in the stores and discounted online; but I'm just trying to make sure that there is no shanannigans going on here.

So this is legit then? No worries about getting scammed? I mean they're just coughdrops, I don't see why this would be a scam since they're still heavy in the stores and discounted online; but I'm just trying to make sure that there is no shanannigans going on here.

Give them the tacking, 3 days after the tracking says the package has been delivered.. your money will be available.

Give them the tacking, 3 days after the tracking says the package has been delivered.. your money will be available.

okay thanks, that matches what the emails say. Just needed confirmation. Much appreciated.

okay thanks, that matches what the emails say. Just needed confirmation. Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Does the paypal email say your name?

yes  

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Does the paypal email say your name?

yes  

pimp.gif

when u click on the link in the email, it should have a box for tracking info

Did you do this transaction through eBay?

If so it's this new "Protection Plan" that they setup with "new sellers" (Or barely people with feedback) to hold your money off until you provided the seller & paypal with the delivery confirmation.

Hope that helps.

Did you do this transaction through eBay?

If so it's this new "Protection Plan" that they setup with "new sellers" (Or barely people with feedback) to hold your money off until you provided the seller & paypal with the delivery confirmation.

Hope that helps.

that sounds like a scam to me from the beginning. The protection policy as stated before doesnt work like that. Im pretty sure you see a pending balance which would be whatever money the buyer sent you. You cant do anything with a pending balance until the item has been delivered or you got positive feedback.

that sounds like a scam to me from the beginning. The protection policy as stated before doesnt work like that. Im pretty sure you see a pending balance which would be whatever money the buyer sent you. You cant do anything with a pending balance until the item has been delivered or you got positive feedback.

Update.....

So yesterday I submitted to them the tracking number just as the emails said but there was still no sign of the money in my account. I got suspicious very quickly and then called paypal, waited close to half hour to talk to customer service, and when I finally got through I began telling the woman the story. She told me that they do not send out emails of that sort and that had no record of the transaction that I was describing to her, in other words, there is no money coming my way. I don't know what to do now because my shoes are en route to this dude's house, although they arent expected to arrive until around 7pm tomorrow, I need to find a way to cancel the shipment.

Back
Top Bottom