quick question about changing OS

making the switch in a lil bit. and I need to know what all do I really need to back up?
i know my music and movies. but do I need to back up any drivers?

Well you could usually get the drivers online from the laptops company website. What kind of laptop? But yea usually just your important stuff like music,pictures, movies, etc..

I doubt u will need drivers, If its windows 7 theres an upgrade tool that informs you if all your devices are ready for 7 or not.

im doing that now, it's taking forever though.
Just thought about this, what if my external hard drive isn't compatible with W7. then i just lost everything and threw 86 bucks down the drain

Originally Posted by omgitswes

im doing that now, it's taking forever though.
Just thought about this, what if my external hard drive isn't compatible with W7. then i just lost everything and threw 86 bucks down the drain

roll.gif

Your external HD is compatible with W7.

well that was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be....just took forever to finish

Windows 7 FTW only one program said it wasn't compatible after I made the switch. I simply right click properties and changed compatibility to vista anddone
laugh.gif

Ballinamillion1,

Thank you for informing others of Windows 7. Yes! There is an upgrade advisor that will assist a potential Windows 7 user from check system compatibility. For anyone who would like to determine if their current computer configuration will be compatible with Windows 7 please go to the following link: http://tinyurl.com/no4xb7

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

make sure you system is compatible with windows 7

have all of your motherboard drivers downloaded and ready to install before you make the switch because you might need the driver for your onboard ethernetcard to operate and be recognized.

e.g. you make the switch..attempt to go online to download drivers and realize that you need an ethernet card driver in order for you internet to work.

Back
Top Bottom