Quick question about wearin Jordans to Prom/Graduation

If you're gonna do it, at least get a fresh pair. No point in showing up to prom in beaters.

I'm wearing my bred xi's for my college graduation in may! i spent 4 years getting my business degree, and I'm gonna celebrate wearing one of myfavorite pairs of shoes. nothing wrong with that! as far as prom goes, i don't think it's a big deal at all, but i would ask my date first, becauseit's her prom too. I just think that would be the considerate thing to do.

I was thinking about getting a second pair of Sheath XX3s for my prom and graduation but I'll stick to the shoes. I have plenty of dress shoes forgettrying break necks in jays NO ONE WILL SEE. IF the people are paying attention to your kicks and not their dates then their is a huge issue.

just get the JORDAN PROM PACK and wear one of each color they should not have a problem with that WTH
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Originally Posted by indohan

I'm not wisest man on this community, but don't do it.
You're not gonna wear your XVIs while meeting with executives in the future.
not tryin 2 start a back n forth'
BUT since when is your prom preparation for meeting future executives.
Wear your sneakers, the prom is one of your last teenage moments......ENJOY IT.
exactly its prom guys...THATS IT.
no biggie
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by polkasquare

indohan is very right. it really bothers me when people ask about these things. there's a time to wear your sneakers, and there's a time when not to wear them.
Everything has its own places...
wink.gif

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

no biggie
eyes.gif
Ow WOW. Since "it's prom, THAT'S IT", then i don't think you have any good reason to wear tux too.
Go topless, it's summer time. Don't forget to erase "dress code" in your dictionary.
grin.gif

When you're a male and topless, people would pay more attention on your bottoms and shoes rather than your chest.
THAT's when people will notice your fake looking Air Jordans.
smile.gif

By this statement(s) of yours, I conclude that you guys won't understand why Allen Iverson's outfit is a joke. Good luck, really.
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm literally laughing though, seriously.

Originally Posted by jordanpheen

no biggie
eyes.gif
Ow WOW. Since "it's prom, THAT'S IT", then i don't think you have any good reason to wear tux too.
Go topless, it's summer time. Don't forget to erase "dress code" in your dictionary.
grin.gif

When you're a male and topless, people would pay more attention on your bottoms and shoes rather than your chest.
THAT's when people will notice your fake looking Air Jordans.
smile.gif

By this statement(s) of yours, I conclude that you guys won't understand why Allen Iverson's outfit is a joke. Good luck, really.
roll.gif
roll.gif
I'm literally laughing though, seriously.

laugh.gif
yeah you took it wrong way...but anyway
why are you connecting prom with summertime or any other scenario just leave it at prom (what can you compare it to besides other school dances and such?)...Imean hes still in high school...prom is important but only to the point for you to remember it for the rest of your life type a thing...not where if youdon't wear dress shoes then you'll look childish and it definitely has nothing to do with his future job opportunities...and hes only going to bearound his peers...I don't think they'll be looking at him in a bad way because hes wearing jordans...never said that I would wear jordans to prom butI really don't see the problem at all with him wanting to rock them...but everyone is entitled to their own opinion...OP imo rock your jordans man morepower to you
pimp.gif

roll.gif
and why do you say erase "dress code" just because he wants towear jordans thats taking it to a whole another level imo...only thing in dress code at schools that have to do with shoes(at least most important) is youcan't have open toed shoes (slides, flip flops etc)...and since XVIs are closed that argument is not valid or maybe it is
grin.gif

do you think him wearing jordans will make him look tacky??? just wondering why you're against it
nerd.gif

P.S. not trying to argue or take shots...stay up
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Addicted2fresh

Im sure this topic comes up every year around this time but has anyone ever wore Jordans to Prom or Graduation and gotten in trouble for it?
I really wanna break out my CDP XVIs and I plan to wear them with the gator so I dont think anyone will notice but I still wanna be aloud into
Prom and walk at Graduation.

I know I should wear dress shoes but its kinda important to me to rock my sneakers. Thanks for the Help NT.
there you have it...its important to you...you're wearing those shoes to prom
wink.gif

don't let NT throw you off what you want

The point I'm trying to make is: there's a place for everything.
You wanna go for a date with your girlfriend, wear anything you wanna wear.
But when it comes to an event that requires you to wear tux, I think sneakers aren't appropriate.

I said erase "dress code" because on an event where it requires you wear a formal clothes, you still think that sneakers are appropriate for it.
Apparently, you don't sense that every place has its appropriate dress.
Alright, can't have open toed shoes. Neither schools said that you have to wear tux to school.
Why don't you wear Superman outfit to the prom? It's neat, with no open toed shoes and doesn't break the school's regulation.
It's prom, that's it. No biggie. You're only going to be around your peers.

Why bother to look nice for top and bottom where you're gonna combine them with the wrong shoes.
Imagine you're wearing casual outfit with dress shoes. BINGO. It works the same on the other way round.
Ask yourself, "Why did human create dress shoes?".

On "not where if you don't wear dress shoes then you'll look childish".
HELL YEAH. I still don't see how you think of him as a mature person when he combines tux and sports shoes together.
I'm pretty sure that clubbers are not allowed to wear sport shoes.
That's a place where it only requires you to dress nicely, no tux required.
By the way, you're only going to be with your peers when you club, right?

Take your president as an example. He's came in 4th for World's Best-Dressed Men.
He sure loves to play ball. He has some Jordan shoes.
Did you ever see him wear sneakers when he's in formal clothes? No, because he knows that there is a place for everything.
You may say that how's a kid related to the president of the country.
Well, sir. High school is the period of time where you're preparing yourself for the next part of your life.
If you don't follow the example that your president gave you, who'll you follow?
HINT: Allen Iverson is not a good example when it comes to clothes.

Of course, he's the one who's going to the prom, not me.
He asked for an opinion, I gave him mine to prevent him to look stupid on that moment.
If he wears Jordans to the prom, some might think he's well dressed, some might think he's a dummy and inappropriate.
But when he wears formal shoes, I'm pretty sure that nobody will think he's a ******.
Think about it. Last post, good luck.

But when it comes to an event that requires you to wear tux, I think sneakers aren't appropriate.

I said erase "dress code" because on an event where it requires you wear a formal clothes, you still think that sneakers are appropriate for it.
Alright, can't have open toed shoes. Neither schools said that you have to wear tux to school.
Why don't you wear Superman outfit to the prom? It's neat, with no open toed shoes and doesn't break the school's regulation.

Why bother to look nice for top and bottom where you're gonna combine them with the wrong shoes.
Imagine you're wearing casual outfit with dress shoes. BINGO. It works the same on the other way round.

HELL YEAH. I still don't see how you think of him as a mature person when he combines tux and sports shoes together.

Take your president as an example. He's came in 4th for World's Best-Dressed Men.
Did you ever see him wear sneakers when he's in formal clothes? No, because he knows that there is a place for everything.
Well, sir. High school is the period of time where you're preparing yourself for the next part of your life.
If you don't follow the example that your president gave you, who'll you follow?

He asked for an opinion, I gave him mine to prevent him to look stupid on that moment.
If he wears Jordans to the prom, some might think he's well dressed, some might think he's a dummy and inappropriate.
But when he wears formal shoes, I'm pretty sure that nobody will think he's a ******.
*raises hand*

This is what happens when the previous eras laugh and clown on this era with no originality. You guys got soulja-boy successful in this current era.. God ifthat's no indication on how f'd up this era is, idk what is.

lol at superman outfit
I agree theres a place for everything but again if he feels its important that he wears jordans to this event...then let him...its something he can rememberfor the rest of his life(if its that serious or that particular pair has special meaning to him)
to a point I think your pushing it to a newlevel...the president is in the eyes of the world...He has to look the part...hes at a proffesional level
you got to look at the situation through OPs eyes...its the last dance and he wants to rock some jordans nothing wrong with that...highschoolers are intosneakers so I'm pretty sure no one will laugh at him or anything
yes...high school prepares you for the next part of your life...but does prom?? not really its supposed to be a fun event...its your last dance that you'llhave before you graduate...its boring anyway so have fun rocking shoes(just my opinion)
btw You don't think that he can rock jordans to prom and still know how to dress professionaly or fit the part that he needs to once he graduates?
you got to understand high schoolers are not looking at the situation as you are...you're outside looking in...but at the end of the day I'm sure thereparents might tell them that dress shoes are appropriate...and hes old enough to know that so its nothing that you need to tell him that he doesn't know atthis age(on the dress code topic at least)

OP rock your jordans to prom and tell me how it went...I'm sure you'll get compliments

i come from a b-ballin high school, everybody rocks different shoes to everything.

one prom i wore a black tuxedo with a red n black tie along with my black/red 14s

then the next year i wore all white with my pure $ 3s, they dont mind cuz everybody is used to it where i'm from so thats
wink.gif

what i did was wear my jays for the pic only then just switched to some dress shoes after

just outta common tradition and respect i wouldnt wear j's to walk for grad but i plan on rockin a pair to my prom AFTERPARTY but not the prom itself

Back
Top Bottom