Quick Question for the Android heads on NT

I've googled and searched some forums but for some reason I cant find the info. I know that if you change phones from one Android phone to the another, you keep your info and apps, but does it work the same way if you change providers? I'm contemplatinmg switching from t-mobile to sprint and getting the Evo shift 4g but I want to know do I lose my paid apps that I already have. would I have to pay again? how baout contacts. Any help would be appreciated.

I've googled and searched some forums but for some reason I cant find the info. I know that if you change phones from one Android phone to the another, you keep your info and apps, but does it work the same way if you change providers? I'm contemplatinmg switching from t-mobile to sprint and getting the Evo shift 4g but I want to know do I lose my paid apps that I already have. would I have to pay again? how baout contacts. Any help would be appreciated.

First don't get the shift!! Just get the evo....but the ones u paid I don't think you lose since you'll prolly use the same gmail account...and u your numbers should be saved to your gmail account aswell

First don't get the shift!! Just get the evo....but the ones u paid I don't think you lose since you'll prolly use the same gmail account...and u your numbers should be saved to your gmail account aswell

1. The paid apps (and the free ones, for that matter) can be linked to your account. I'm not sure if they are by default, but I use appbrain and it takes care of backing up stuff and updating when need be. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get them back. (And if not, message me. 
nerd.gif
)

2. Your contacts are stored with your gmail account, assuming you select that option when you save contacts. Check your gmail and you'll be able to find out relatively easy. And, if you aren't, there are apps in the market that will back them up for you.

And get the 3d, fam. Don't waste your time with the shift.

1. The paid apps (and the free ones, for that matter) can be linked to your account. I'm not sure if they are by default, but I use appbrain and it takes care of backing up stuff and updating when need be. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get them back. (And if not, message me. 
nerd.gif
)

2. Your contacts are stored with your gmail account, assuming you select that option when you save contacts. Check your gmail and you'll be able to find out relatively easy. And, if you aren't, there are apps in the market that will back them up for you.

And get the 3d, fam. Don't waste your time with the shift.

Thanks guys. I thought maybe that would be the case but I didnt want any bs causing me to lose my info. Yes, I had my contacts saved to google so I should be good money. Now I gotta seriously contemplatye the 3d. I only wanted the shift because I missed having a real keyboard. damn my chubby fingers.

Thanks guys. I thought maybe that would be the case but I didnt want any bs causing me to lose my info. Yes, I had my contacts saved to google so I should be good money. Now I gotta seriously contemplatye the 3d. I only wanted the shift because I missed having a real keyboard. damn my chubby fingers.

Back
Top Bottom