quitting smoking

I've been trying to quit for the past 4 years. Every new years. Every lent. I just can't seem to do it. The smallest instance of stress and I'mfeening for a smoke. It's hard. Very hard. But I'm going to keep trying to quit until I finally kick the habit. At least I'm trying.

I smoked for five years, and I decided to quit as a New Years resolution. The first few days were easy for me, it was after a couple of weeks where I startedto think, "It's been so long. It's okay to just have one," and things like that. Recently I've been having "occasionalcigarettes." The problem with that, at least for me, is that I don't really want a cigarette until I smoke one. When I smoke one cigarette smokinganother one is almost all I can think about all day. I smoked one yesterday, but today I'm requiting. I'm going to stay strong.
I have also quit smoking weed. I've gone from smoking every day, usually a couple of times a day, for about two years to never. It's been much easierthan the cigarette smoking.

smokin.gif
its a tough battle, for me, one not worth fighting for, word tocigarillos

I quit Feb 07. I used the Rx patch for the first week. Haven't had one slip up since. The mental cravings are the worst, I still get them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NYelectric

I smoked for five years, and I decided to quit as a New Years resolution. The first few days were easy for me, it was after a couple of weeks where I started to think, "It's been so long. It's okay to just have one," and things like that. Recently I've been having "occasional cigarettes." The problem with that, at least for me, is that I don't really want a cigarette until I smoke one. When I smoke one cigarette smoking another one is almost all I can think about all day. I smoked one yesterday, but today I'm requiting. I'm going to stay strong.
I have also quit smoking weed. I've gone from smoking every day, usually a couple of times a day, for about two years to never. It's been much easier than the cigarette smoking.

Weed is not addicting like cigarettes thats why its so
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No addiction no cancer.... just
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Yeah, I know there's no physical addiction, but when it's so ingrained into your daily routine there is definitely a mental addiction.

been smokin for 2 years. basically since college started. made a bet that i could quit with 2 of my friends 300$ that i can last 1 10 week quarter. lol damnpeople lined up to bet against me when i offered it to em. friend in drug psych class told me 70% try to quit every year, 2.5% do successful. seems realll lowbut with this much $ on the line i gotta do it. lol starts this monday!

I've smoked cigarettes for two years now, originally (the first year) I only had cigarettes after
pimp.gif
But I quit doing that 6 months ago and the cigarettes have lingered. Now I smoke cigarettesabout 2-7 times a day, depending on what kind of day I'm having. My life is getting more stressful by the minute so I don't see myself quitting anytimesoon.

But I don't think it's hard to quit, I have never gotten addicted to anything.

stopping cigs was more difficult than quitting ice. i still get the occasional craving for a cig and it's been over 5 years.

I quit smoking cold turkey. Pretty easy to me, i dunno whats so hard about it. Ive been smoke free for 8 months.

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

stopping cigs was more difficult than quitting ice. i still get the occasional craving for a cig and it's been over 5 years.

wow, i don't know if i got down with the meth, that id bring it up.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom