R&B album of the year (so far) goes to......

Love vs. Money is trash. if you can listen to that whole album.. you have problems.

laugh.gif

I'd take Maxwell and Joe over The Dream. While Dream may be considered R&B, I consider him a hybrid, sort of like a Pop&B or something of thatsort; he's still dope though. Trey Songz is nice too, but Maxwell and Joe stays playing in the home; that other stuff can stay in the car.

I bought Joe this morning but I haven't played it yet.

here is my top R&B so far 1. Ginuwine - A Man's Thoughts
2. Pleasure P - The Introduction of Marcus Cooper
3. J. Holiday - Round 2

I bought Maxwell and I'm not really feelin it, gotta spin it a few more times. The-Dream's CD was the worst, can't even play more than 3 songs fromit. Huge waste of $10 that was. You're not a real R&B fan if you like Love vs Money PERIOD

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I bought Joe this morning but I haven't played it yet.

here is my top R&B so far 1. Ginuwine - A Man's Thoughts
2. Pleasure P - The Introduction of Marcus Cooper
3. J. Holiday - Round 2

I bought Maxwell and I'm not really feelin it, gotta spin it a few more times. The-Dream's CD was the worst, can't even play more than 3 songs from it. Huge waste of $10 that was. You're not a real R&B fan if you like Love vs Money PERIOD
i have to agree with my friend on this one...Dream's cd was trash and

but top RnB goes to

J. Holiday and Chrisette Michele
pimp.gif

pickin up Joe probably tomorrow tho...i'm sure it will be good...i watch the Why Just Be Friends video on the regular on on Demand or YT...don't knowwhy but i love that video/song
pimp.gif

^^^
How can I forget about that Round 2 by J. Holliday?!?! I still listen to "Fly" and "Forever Ain't Enough" like damn...

The Dream is an amazing artist, but for people to say his album was the best R&B album; you really have to think about that. Like I said, The Dream is ahybrid, but dope none the less. Dream's offerings aren't really traditional R&B stuff. It sucks that him and J.Holiday are beefin too,"Bed" and "Suffocate" were both refreshing tracks.

they have beef? over what? i think Holiday did fine without him on a music level...probably not on a sales level...how well did Round 2 do?

Originally Posted by Jules300

Bobby Valentino- The Rebirth
pimp.gif

I was very surprised by how much I liked this. I slept at first but the more I listened the more I liked it.

Im going with Maxwell then jermiah, i think joes alright i need to check this cd out. I didnt really like ginuwines cd compared to his old ones, back to thebasics wasnt that hot either.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

pimp.gif

I was very surprised by how much I liked this. I slept at first but the more I listened the more I liked it.

Never sleep on Bobby V all his albums so far been on point

pimp.gif

The Rebirth was good but not good enough to talk about. Beats were repeatitive and got old. The formula on that CD was poorly done. "Another Life" isprobably one of my favorite R&B songs tho

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

pimp.gif

The Rebirth was good but not good enough to talk about. Beats were repeatitive and got old. The formula on that CD was poorly done. "Another Life" is probably one of my favorite R&B songs tho

Just me and u > ________

pimp.gif

his first was MY joint summer of 05. I even went to a bow wow Omarion concert just to see him perform My Angel
nerd.gif
I didn't like the second I didn'thave high hopes for this one. Maybe that's why I liked it though. Charlie Wilson is decent to. Only this I haven't like at all this year is Dream andPleasure P.

Bobby V's voice get annoying after awhile, but his first album was
pimp.gif

Haven't heard Joe or Maxwell so can't really comment as of yet.

Pleasure P's cd has been in rotation for the last week or so. It's more of a traditional r&b album with real vocals, life topics &"Zero" autotune.

J Holiday's first cd was a classic, but I really couldn't get into his second album like that. I'll give it a re-spin......one day.

Jerimih
indifferent.gif
...... 1 hit wonder. I refuse to force feed that garbage.

Trey Songz......Brandnew
indifferent.gif
Invented Sex
smile.gif
I Need a Girl
eyes.gif
, but his Anticipation mixtape goes hard.

The Dream takes that cake thus far and for curious minds, his style is considered Electric R&B.

I ain't even know Joe had a new album out

but yeah, Anticipation > Intro of Marcus Cooper > Love vs. Money > Jeremih

I don't include Maxwell in this because I feel like his music appeals to a different audience and doesn't fit in with the above mentioned. Don'tget me wrong BLACKsummer'snight is the best pure R&B album put out this year..

Back
Top Bottom