R&B Thread About Nothing

this Beyonce album is ****ing beautiful.
I'm not the biggest Beyonce fan in the world, I enjoy some of her music and like her stage show more than the music alone, until now. It's like if you listened to a painting, I don't know how to explain it. It's the only thing i've listened to since it dropped a few days ago
It's not a straight up country album you'd expect, it's like a country history lesson that subtlety but not so subtly highlights it's indigenous and african roots, and the vocal performance is the best i've heard from anyone in ages.

this one will hit you right in the heart

How many good R&B cuts Chris Brown have ?

All i can think of is pop records, but i never got into his catalog like that

A lot. He in that Usher and Weeknd group, their music is R&B but they’re so popular it becomes pop music.

CB earlier music was more R&B but his newer **** is Pop.

Deuces, Up to You, No BS, So Cold, Do Better, Yo, Gimme Dat, Winner, Young Love, Say Goodbye, Take You Down, Damage, 2012, Biggest Fan, Sweet Love, Calypso and so on.

DVSN x Ty Dolla $ign's "Cheers to the Memories" album is one that I go back to every couple months at this point. A lot of ELITE R&B on that **** and it doesn't overstay its welcome.

J. Valentine is taking his sweet time with this album rollout, but the singles keep hitting so whatever :lol:

I don’t understand why promoters are telling these artists to do big arenas. Xscape featuring SWV are going to try and do Madison square garden in July. It’s 2024 for godsake

I don’t understand why promoters are telling these artists to do big arenas. Xscape featuring SWV are going to try and do Madison square garden in July. It’s 2024 for godsake
Why can’t they sell it out, it’s not like they tour often. I live in Atlanta and it’s hard as hell to get Xscape on stage together without drama. Those 2 groups together have enough bops to do an arena. I dunno if NYC is different but MJB has no problem selling out here in Atlanta by herself and her only guests were Meth and Summer Walker. Legacy acts like her, xscape, new edition etc… always bring the 40-50 crowds out in droves.

I underestimated the 40 and 50 year crowd, but I go to concerts in nyc and see acts like boys to men , dru hill , 112 and jagged edgeand other 90’s artists do smaller venues

Reactions: ace
I underestimated the 40 and 50 year crowd, but I go to concerts in nyc and see acts like boys to men , dru hill , 112 and jagged edgeand other 90’s artists do smaller venues
Dru Hill should be able to sell an arena between them and Sisqo’s catalog and a lil help but the others should still to smaller spots. It’s different with women, they have bigger egos so to some of them doing smaller theaters is beneath them so they would rather link to do the big spot than go smaller.

Last edited:
DVSN x Ty Dolla $ign's "Cheers to the Memories" album is one that I go back to every couple months at this point. A lot of ELITE R&B on that **** and it doesn't overstay its welcome.

J. Valentine is taking his sweet time with this album rollout, but the singles keep hitting so whatever :lol:

DROP THE ****IN ALBUM ALREADY

Crushed they couldn’t clear this sample

Keith stepped out properly on that debut :smokin

I just want this sweater

When this **** was announced I assumed it was gonna be at a small venue. Was gonna go but I’m shocked they’re doing arenas, big arenas cost big money. I don’t know how it’s gonna do, they both still got fans and they been trying to do a joint tour for a while. I saw SWV a few years ago, it was cool.

Back
Top Bottom