R.I.P. Baatin of Slum Village

[h1]Slum Village loses one of its founders: Titus Baatin Glover is dead at 35[/h1]

Baatin%281%29.jpg

You will be missed.

The Grim Reaper is a cold bastard.

His sickle claimed another MC Friday. This time, a co-founder of Detroit's own Slum Village, Titus "Baatin" Glover, was founded dead,according to the group's road manager, named Hex.

Freep.com reports the 35-year-old Baatin's body was found in Detroit's Anglin Street. The circumstances remain unknown, but what is known is thatBaatin had left Slum Village in 2002 due to health complications. He returned in 2008. Another member, producer J, Dilla (nee James Yancey), who went solo in2001, died in 2006, after battling TTP and Lupus simultaneously.

Dilla's mother, Maureen Yancey, released the following statement to the Detroit Free Press, operator of Freep.com:

"Deepest sympathy to the family, friends and fans of Slum Village on the passing of Baatin. We loved him and his kind heart and spirit will forever bein our hearts."

T3, Elzhi, and Illa J (Dilla's brother) are the remainder of Slum Village.

T3 said to Freep.com: "Baatin will be missed. I'm glad we got a chance to work together before he passed. We lost another Slum soldier, a dearfriend and a brother. He touched many lives."

Detroiter Khalid el-Hakim, founder of the Black History 101 Mobile Museum, told the website: "He was a very spiritual brother. He brought aspirituality to Detroit hip-hop that you didn't see with other artists. That's what he was known for."

Villa Manifesto, the upcoming Slum Village LP, will be released on September 22 by Barak Records, with the last recorded vocals of Baatin.

The group's biggest single "Selfish" was produced by Kanye West, who performed on the song, along with John Legend.

Baatin is survived by his son, Michael Majesty Ellis, 9; his daughter, Aura Grace Glover, 1; his parents Howard and Grace Glover; and his sister, TinaGlover, all of Detroit, says Freep.com.

I hope the Slum continues the trek toward hip-hop glory in the memory of their fallen friend, although it can be said Baatin's absence will change thegroup forever.

RIP, Baatin. Nuff said.

VIA: SF Examiner

NOTED: My fault for not knowing there was a thread made already in the music forum

R.I.P. Baatin my dood. You will live through your music, hip hop lives.

Originally Posted by GTEK

There is already a RIP thread in the Music Forum.
My fault...I should have known that this would most likely be in the music forum
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom