R.I.P. Dave Mirra (BMX Legend)

I'm 29 so I came up during the mid school bmx era. This guy was like MJ to young bmx riders. Probably the first time a death of a celebrity has made me close to crying. He lived here in NC so I met him a few times as a kid. Super nice guy and I'm sad for his two daughters that he seemed to love a lot.

If you're battling any type of depression PLEASE talk to someone.

Damn this hits home,used to love his BMX games back on PS1
mean.gif
. Wasn't really into the X-Games like that but he was always one of the few BMX riders I knew about along with him hosting Road rules on MTV. RIP to him,feel for his family man 
tired.gif

Last edited:
Just checked his IG... was he posting hours before his death or was it a caretaker of his account? What a trip. Dude was out chea running marathons, biking 100 miles, and boxing. Makes no sense to have all the endorphins that children and exercise brings you and still be in a bad place. RIP.

wasn't crazy into BMX but his was name you heard often in the early 2000's

I remember him from hosting the RW/RR challenge back in the day

RIP

Last edited:
Just checked his IG... was he posting hours before his death or was it a caretaker of his account? What a trip. Dude was out chea running marathons, biking 100 miles, and boxing. Makes no sense to have all the endorphins that children and exercise brings you and still be in a bad place. RIP.

Pretty sure it was him. He had been posting tons of throwback stuff the past two weeks which was weird because he hardly ever posted old bmx stuff. In the moment you don't think much of it but now looking back it all makes sense.

I'm emotionally crushed for his daughters though.

Wow, I remember being mesmerized by this guy back in the day. I swore I was gonna be nice like him with my Dyno Air :nthat:

Damn B. That short period I was on the BMX wave 30 years ago DAVE was that dude. Make me wanna break out my Haro/Skyway custom bike. R.I.P.
frown.gif

Last edited:
Just saw the news about Maurice, then saw this. :frown:

RIP.

Dave Mirra BMX 2 soundtrack super appreciated.

BMX bike legend Dave Mirra -- who once had the record for the most X Games medals -- has died of an apparent suicide ... TMZ Sports has learned. 
Cops say the 41 year old's body was found in his truck in Greenville, North Carolina Thursday with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. 

We're told he had been in the area visiting with friends. 

Mirra leaves a wife and two kids.  
Depressing.

RIP

wtf ...

i use to love watching x games back in the day

sad news :smh:

rip miracle boy

Last edited:
Wow. Sad news. I was wondering what he was up to now since we were talking about hosts of the mtv challenge in the thread.

damn RIP. I played his video games back in the day. Seemed like a cool dude. Sorry for his family; especially his children. thats rough.

Damn. Rest in peace. I definitely paid attention to him. :frown: he was so good. Smh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom