R.I.P. Heavy D. 1967 - 2011.

R.I.P. to a hip hop legend.
ohwell.gif

I was in the back of a venue he was playing at years ago that had a basket set up. I was shooting j's & he came by with one of "the boys" & shot j's for like 20 mins or so. We just chit chated & talked a little trash. Wasn't into his music much, but he was a nice dude. RIP Hev.

Terrible.

Heav was a pioneer on a lot of levels.

Repped for the big dudes still doing their thing. Did those "love rap" records along with Cool J.

Repped for his hood of Mt. Vernon when most rappers were from the 5 boroughs.

One of the first, along with BDP, to add the heavy Caribbean influences to his music.

One of the first rappers I can thing of to transition to acting.

Helped put on Pete Rock + CL Smooth.

Rest In Peace to one of the pioneers that helped mold Hip Hop and Rap into what it is today.

And here is a certified BANGER.....

Yes, Coca Cola clothing was hittin' hard in the 80's.....and it looks like he's wearing Spotbilt XPress in this video, which was Xavier McDaniels signiature sneaker for any of you in here heavy with the footwear. Those were also a hot sneaker in the 80's.

Heavy D was never really recognized as he should've been. One of the early rappers that personafied "swag." I'm guilty of practicing his dance routines as a shorty. And the music was dope.

R.I.P.

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Heavy D was never really recognized as he should've been. One of the early rappers that personafied "swag." I'm guilty of practicing his dance routines as a shorty. And the music was dope.

R.I.P.

and another great is gone

^^^

I'm a big Rap fan and a big Boxing fan.

Same thing I thought. The same week. %*%$$@ %$%!$+% week.

Back
Top Bottom