R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

Crazy. Never thought I'd see the day random non graded sports trading cards go for $50-$100.

This is really bringing out the worst in sellers.

Just a week ago, they were going unsold for $2.99.

Crazy. Never thought I'd see the day random non graded sports trading cards go for $50-$100.

Sad. Capitalistic society we live in. Some Folk gotta make money any means necessary. Some people gotta make money even off death unfortunately.

Why is that?
The majority of the league is black because of black exploitation.

You dudes want to dance around the race issue and not address the elephant in the room. The NBA and NFL as well as these NCAA teams are majority black because these individuals come from low socio economic backgrounds. They don't have the options and opportunities that their white counterparts have.

Man I’m still in shock! Hard to believe Kobe Bryant is dead. This is so wild to me. How can such a thing happen? ****ing wild man. It’s like the dude we expected to see at least another 40 years is gone.

Still not real to me damn it. Feel like im still in a ****ing nightmare trying my best to wake up

Back in my card collecting days in early high school, (Gr 8/9), Kobe autographed memorabilia was not worth as much as other bball stars even though he was the most hyped star in the NBA. This was 97 or 98 when he was voted as a starter in his second season.

I still remember getting my very first Kobe Bryant rookie card. Mainly, it’s because of how I found it. I happened to go to Toys R Us with the family to pick up a new PlayStation game. Standing in line I look down and see a pack of trading cards that had been opened and were loose so I kneel down to get them. This pack had 2 or 3 cards per pack and one of them happened to be a Kobe rookie. I just picked up that one card, paid for the game and walked out. I still have it to this day.

1996-97 Skybox EX-2000
Kobe Bryant rookie card #30
1580636944767.jpeg

RIP To Kobe.
will be missed.
still remember the Lakers coming to Hawaii for preseason games in Kobe's rookie season . He didn't play, but he warmed up and went through the layup line and did the east bay funk jam (through the legs ) and I was in awe.
Watching a playoff game in phx. Intense.
Seeing him play in the later years in detroit, and the Respect he received.
God Bless to Gigi and the others who passed. I hope his Mamba academy and legacy remains STRONG in the ladies bball community.
Much love yall, hope you guys are all well and remaining strong.
RIP KOBE

It's ludicrous to me that athletes and rappers are not only seen as royalty in the black community, but given unfair pressure to be the voice of the black community 🤦🏾‍♂️ let these people do what they want to do, which is entertain. I'm sure there are plenty qualified individuals that are willing and worthy to be the voice.
By design. That is how "they" want it, so that is how it is.

They didn't get the cross though. :lol:

Ben Wallace!

Sad. Capitalistic society we live in. Some Folk gotta make money any means necessary. Some people gotta make money even off death unfortunately.
Fellas we have people reselling Popeyes chicken sandwiches. That’s the mentality some people have. Nothing is safe and/or sacred.

I know earlier in the thread some of y'all brought up how Kobe tip toed around the race issue in his career

I find it odd how there are no black coaches or staff at this mamba academy and if there are, (which I don't see) It would be miniscule
That would be me. I brought it up. It is what allowed many to feel comfortable with Kobe. Kobe just may be the only Black man that many actually like on this site, even though they've never met him. Kobe's history of calling himself Italian, and avoiding issues concerning race should not cloud the fact that he was a good Basketball player. However, being a good basketball player should not shield you from the mistakes you've made in the public eye.

That would be me. I brought it up. It is what allowed many to feel comfortable with Kobe. Kobe just may be the only Black man that many actually like on this site, even though they've never met him. Kobe's history of calling himself Italian, and avoiding issues concerning race should not cloud the fact that he was a good Basketball player. However, being a good basketball player should not shield you from the mistakes you've made in the public eye.
He technically was Italian.

Back
Top Bottom