Race to the NBA Playoffs- Match-ups Set! Lakers Make the Playoffs!!

looks like houston is poised to move up to 6th.

No, not really. Houston is in the 6th seed right now. They won the season series with the Warriors, and the Warriors also play the Spurs tomorrow, so if anything, the Warriors are behind.

dallas needs to fall back and let memphis win though. hopefully that will keep things tied and memphis will feel a need to beat utah

Maybe someone can clear this up for me, but NBATV was reporting how the Pacers locked up the #3 seed, while the Nets locked up the #4 seed. I still have it possible for the Nets to get into the 3rd seed if they win-out and the Pacers lose-out. Someone clear that up for me?

Anyways, onto today's games.

East:

Chicago lost. That means that they slip to the 6th seed and have some work to do if they want to avoid playing Indiana. I actually think that's a great match-up, but we'll see.
Brooklyn lost as well. Bad loss on the road here, especially since they could have jumped into contention for the #3 seed, but it's not too late.
New York won, locking up the #3 seed.
Indiana lost, and are now out of reach of the Knicks.

West:

Lakers won. They still have to close out against a tough Houston team that will be fighting for Playoff positioning until the season is over, but it's still a great win.
Denver won even though they lost Faried temporarily. Looks like they'll be the #3 seed.
Houston won, which keeps up their lead against the Warriors.
Spurs lost, which ultimately means they're going to end up as the #2 seed unless the Thunder decide to rest everyone for the rest of the year.

The games of Monday, April 15th.
NYK @ CHA: It has no playoff implications. Regardless, since I've been tracking them throughout, I'll keep it going.
CHI @ ORL: Must-win if they want the #5 seed.
WAS @ BRK: Another must-win if they want the #3 seed.
DEN @ MIL: Milwaukee really has nothing to play for right now.
MEM @ DAL: Dallas playing better recently, and Grizzlies look like they're losing home-court.
SAC @ OKC: Thunder have an easy game to keep control of their position.
UTAH @ MIN: Must-win to keep hopes alive. They lose, Lakers are in.
HOU @ PHO: Could be a trap-game, but Houston can lock up 6th seed with a W and a GSW loss.
SA @ GSW: Must-win for Warriors. They really would rather play Denver than OKC or San Antonio.

Maybe someone can clear this up for me, but NBATV was reporting how the Pacers locked up the #3 seed, while the Nets locked up the #4 seed. I still have it possible for the Nets to get into the 3rd seed if they win-out and the Pacers lose-out. Someone clear that up for me?

probably that seeding crap where you can finish ahead because your the division winner but still nt have homecourt?

probably that seeding crap where you can finish ahead because your the division winner but still nt have homecourt?

In tie-breaker situations?

So it goes.

A) Whether you're a division winner or not.
B) Your season series with the tied team
C) Conference record?

Huh. Didn't know that.

EDIT: Yep, that's how it goes I guess. Learn something new everyday.

Will update first post.

Last edited:
No, not really. Houston is in the 6th seed right now. They won the season series with the Warriors, and the Warriors also play the Spurs tomorrow, so if anything, the Warriors are behind.

to be fair though - when i wrote that post houston was still in 7th. their game was at halftime :D

noblekane said:
also does denver own the tie breaker for both clippers and grizzlies?

lac owns tie breaker against denver since they won their division.

Last edited:
remember though the clippers lost to the kings the last time they were in sac... kings can play spoiler yet again

Not much happened out in the East today, considering most seeds were already locked up. Chicago kept it interesting by winning tonight. They still trail the Hawks by a loss though. They need them to lose one of their next two games, while closing out against Washington on Wednesday.

Out in the West…

Utah won, thus staying in the hunt for 8th. They need a Lakers Loss AND their own win to get the 8th seed on Wednesday.
Memphis and Denver both won, keeping pace in the West. Denver can still slide to the #4 seed with a loss Wednesday and the Clippers winning out.
OKC and San Antonio clinched their respective seeds out in the West.
GSW and Houston flip-flopped, and Houston is now seventh.

What's interesting is that the Lakers can move up to the 7th seed if they beat the Rockets on Wednesday, as they play each other to end the season, and would tie the season series. :wow: .

Only two games tomorrow, April 16th.

TOR @ ATL
POR @ LAC

Atlanta loses and they move back down to the #6 seed.
LAC loses, and they lose their opportunity at home-court.

All updated.

Not much happened out in the East today, considering most seeds were already locked up. Chicago kept it interesting by winning tonight. They still trail the Hawks by a loss though. They need them to lose one of their next two games, while closing out against Washington on Wednesday.

Out in the West…

Utah won, thus staying in the hunt for 8th. They need a Lakers Loss AND their own win to get the 8th seed on Wednesday.
Memphis and Denver both won, keeping pace in the West. Denver can still slide to the #4 seed with a loss Wednesday and the Clippers winning out.
OKC and San Antonio clinched their respective seeds out in the West.
GSW and Houston flip-flopped, and Houston is now seventh.

What's interesting is that the Lakers can move up to the 7th seed if they beat the Rockets on Wednesday, as they play each other to end the season, and would tie the season series. :wow: .

Only two games tomorrow, April 16th.

TOR @ ATL
POR @ LAC

Atlanta loses and they move back down to the #6 seed.
LAC loses, and they lose their opportunity at home-court.

All updated.

Winner gets the 7 seed eh, should be a doozie.

Also if LAC loses tmrw, they can still get home court if the Grizz lose on Wednesday.

I'm going to update right now, but the Eastern Conference is set!!

1) Miami Heat
2) New York Knicks
3) Indiana Pacers
4) Brooklyn Nets
5) Chicago Bulls
6) Atlanta Hawks
7) Boston Celtics
8) Milwaukee Bucks.

So it's...

Miami V Milwaukee
New York V Boston
Indiana V Atlanta
Brooklyn V Chicago.

In the West, so far what's decided.

1) Oklahoma City Thunder
2) San Antonio Spurs
3) Denver Nuggets

That's it. But we'll know soon.

The Warriors have claimed the 6th seed now!

The Clippers/Lakers/Rockets are still battling right now.

Amazing night in the NBA. There's too much to go over, so here's what happened with impact:

In the East:

Chicago ended up killing Washington early, while the Hawks blew their last game.

In the West:

The Nuggets, Clippers, and Grizzlies all won, so they stayed where they were, and LAC has home-court against the Grizzlies.

Golden State shut out the Blazers, while the Lakers grabbed the 7th seed late.

Now we have:

Miami VS Milwaukee
New York VS Boston
Indiana VS Atlanta
Brooklyn VS Chicago

and...

Oklahoma City VS Houston
San Antonio VS LA Lakers
Denver VS Golden State
LA Clippers VS Memphis.

:wow:

Some really interesting series in the first round.

I'm giving the Lakers a slight 55/45 edge over the Spurs in the first round. Would like to know what the Vegas odds are this series. The Lakers are fortunate to have gotten on the other side of the playoff tree, missing out the two teams they match up worst against in the first and second rounds - The Thunder and possibly the Clippers. They have a decent shot at making it to the western conference finals, but that's as far as they go if they should meet any of these two teams there.

Harden against his old team is interesting as well, but we all know.

Back
Top Bottom