Raekwon Claims Jay-Z & Kanye Have Lost Touch With the Streets

Before I even listen I can tell him why. Ol Man Jigga is 10 years removed from his hood why go bak when you made it and you rich, when it come down to it Nsgoal is money n they really on care about themselves and carry a few dudes close to him to him for awhile. When you aint hungry fat n fed the streets dontmatter n thats the cold truth. With Ye Id question that as well yes Chi was a dangerous place when he was growin up but was he ever in the streets like that?

Rae sayin this cuz da Wu aint really rich(or he isnt that rich) n them dudes aint cakin n they are still in the streets. Rae sayin this to them is like if hesaid it to Donald Trump only difference is they use to be there, keyword USE.
When your famous and worth millions it is pretty hard not to be alienated from ordinary people. If Jay-Z comes back trying to act hood it will be an act, he busy vacationing on islands, that phase of life is over. American Gangster was an album of him reminiscing on his past, but he isn't trying to portray himself in that light now. I think black people need role models that came from the hood and moved on to bigger and better.
The bottom line is every grows, your favorite rapper won't be the same as he was years ago. Fans can either accept the growth and understand that is the point of life or move on to a new artist.

pointless topic

smokin.gif

^ You're crazy if you don't think Rae has dough

But of course they've lost touch with the streets...who cares...

What the hell does he expect? Black peoples morals are all screwed up and that's the truth. Jay-Z and Kanye probably do more FOR the streets thanRae does IN the streets..Clown
smh.gif

EDIT:
He says, "A lot of street people don't put stock in them anymore because they aren't doing enough to excite anyone. (They should) Come back to the hood and drop $100,000."
c02150e6cad7b3f16f3c15d220fa5d035c8f233.gif

....hmmm

NBA_New_Jersey_Nets_Wordmark_175.jpg

Why give a man a fish when you can help provide jobs for thousands?

Jay is in the streets in fact he is bringing the Nets to the hood. I love Rae but he should have made the most of his time when he had his shine. Was myfavorite out the Wu. Ghost has just rushed -past him though

the only ppl in the hood is the one who can't leave. I'm tired of these@@+!%$$ try to portray the hood as a decent place to live.
Co-sign and f...k the hood word to 50. Probably the only point he has that I'll ever agree on.

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

^ You're crazy if you don't think Rae has dough

But of course they've lost touch with the streets...who cares...

Son you clearly missed what I was talkin about not to mention the numerous times Wu members have said they are not rich, I never said dude doesnt have moneybut he mos def dont got enough money to lose touch with the streets. If you got money and you havent changed you dont got enough, now that dont go foreverybody but Id like to see what Rae's actions would be if he had as much money as Curtis or Ol Man Jigga.

Also these Ns always complainin about Rza sharkin them for money doesn't support that argument. Diversify ya bonds N_!

smokin.gif

Why give a man a fish when you can help provide jobs for thousands?

I'm not buying that. The move to Brooklyn will cause more people to lose homes than it will provide jobs. I'm not knockingJay for that, it's business, and it is what it is. It's a raw power move.

I think black people need role models that came from the hood and moved on to bigger and better.
co-sign...

and Kanye just got thru droppin his biggest song for the hood in his career, hoods from every region was f'in wit that 'Cant Tell Me Nothin'...Hewas never "street" like that to begin with anyway, he's always given own personal perspective of the hood from his point of view...

someone needs to tell raekwon he's LOST TRACK OF TIME. how long ago were RAGU or cuban linx 2 supposed to drop?

jay-z, i could care less for. kanye west just makes good music. hell, is kanye west even from the streets?

This is just funny.

I should add realtalkny has been a a heavy roll recently, keep it up.

the nets move is great and will rid certain areas of crime with all the security. the hood sucks and they would never accept successful people. I am black andi know how certain uneducated blacks are salty when they see success and will do everything in their power to hurt you.

the nets move is great and will rid certain areas of crime with all the security. the hood sucks and they would never accept successful people. I am black and i know how certain uneducated blacks are salty when they see success and will do everything in their power to hurt you.
EXACTLY...

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

the nets move is great and will rid certain areas of crime with all the security. the hood sucks and they would never accept successful people. I am black and i know how certain uneducated blacks are salty when they see success and will do everything in their power to hurt you.

please. that is fort greene/park slope area. there's nothing over there in the first place but shopping malls and small houses.

Raekwon is slowly but surely becoming my least favorite Wu-Tang member. He needs to learn when to not open his mouth, because here recently, he's beenlooking very salty and just bitter. Why the #@#+ should Jay-Z worry about the streets at this point in his life and career? And as far as losing his originalfanbase....really? I've been a Jay fan since he first dropped, and I'm still just as big of a fan. Sure, some of his most recent work besides AG hasbeen "blah", but in no way is that because he wasn't rappin' about street +$+$. The beats were wack and he just didn't bring it.

And Kanye wasn't ever a street dude to begin with, so Rae lost on that one.

Rae why don't you stop worrying about everybody else and get OB4CL 2 out...?

and he sounds sleepy in all his rhymes these days...bring back the old raekwon...he don't even seem sharp anymore

Back
Top Bottom