raiders/eagles thread

I gotta get me one of those jamarcus russell beanies
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Warrior

and what's the scoop on nnamdi asomugha?

Got poked on the eye and had blurry vision so they didn't play him. Cable said he'd be fine in a day or two.

was the pidgeon really on the field the whole game?
roll.gif

Grey and black is close enough!

pimp.gif
let's use this momentum to do something very special the remainder of the season..

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I don't know how some Eagles fans in here can be so confident next week when we play Washington. We lost against the Raiders for crying out loud! The Raiders!
sick.gif

I don't know how we could looks so awful in all facets of the game. Granted the officiating was just as bad, but we didn't run the ball, and when we did we were unsuccessful anyways...

Aside from that McNabb looked pathetic out there...consistently throwing deep passes that were a good 5 yards too far in front of the receiver. Dude's accuracy has always been a problem. If not for a cannon of an arm and being a very strong and physical QB I doubt he'd still be starting...

I mean I stick up for McNabb when I feel it's just to do so, but I can't understand how bad this offense looked out there today. Brian Westbrook looks ineffective week after week...
laugh.gif
...but it's funny how the goofballs at EA rate Westbrook a 97 on Madden 10. Unbelievable!
eyes.gif

I'm not so sure we play any better against Washington next week. Our O-line looked pathetic today...6 sacks against us today. The defense even looked uninspired.....and why in the hell do we have Jeremiah Trotter at this point in his career chasing a guy down as he ever so effortlessly gets the 1st down on us to end the game.
alien.gif

Our linebackers are suspect, our O-line can't block, McNabb didn't even complete half of his throws today...hell even sure handed Brent Celek couldn't catch a few passes today.....I have no predictions nor any confidence in this team until they can prove they have improved on fundamentally sound football.

I feel embarassed today...
tired.gif
...and I feel that way because we should have put this team away. No excuses though...Oakland took it from us.
I hit my post limit early so I had to sit on this L all night. But I agree with much of what you said. McNabb looked terrible out there, no picksbut plenty of overthrown and underthrown passes all game long. Our O-Line, specifically the left side did absolutely nothing right. We need to call Jon RunyanASAP cuz Nick Cole and "King" Dunlap ain't gonna cut it. Hopefully Peters is alright cuz those backups are garbage. Westbrook been on thedownswing for a while now, but either way I don't think we were gonna run effectively yesterday unless we threw the Wildcat out there. Our playcalling wasextra vanilla yesterday for some reason.

Raiders get my props yall beat us, defense played inspired yesterday. We had at least 5 or six possessions to tie the game or take the lead and we justcouldn't sniff the endzone. Our D stopped them several times but if Jeremiah Trotter wasn't on the field we would not have given up that Zach Miller TDand the game clinching first down to the fullback.
indifferent.gif

We need to put a foot in the Skins *$@ next Monday, real talk. I want a complete beatdown.
mad.gif

It was good to win but we wont keep winning unless the offense learns how to score. It is not fair for our defensive players to play their guts out while theoffense sits back and goes through the motions.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

It was good to win but we wont keep winning unless the offense learns how to score. It is not fair for our defensive players to play their guts out while the offense sits back and goes through the motions.
jamarcus 230 yds
fargas 87 yds
Zach miller 130 yds.

They put up numbers, let's just hope they play this well every week.

did anybody read on raiderfans.net that cable said "we finally got the green light to do what we want to do"??? so I think this whole time al davishas pretty much changed the gameplan until yesterday and let our def. coordinator do what he wanted to which was blitz and play cover 2, Somebody had to talksome sense into him thank god, I wouldn't be surprised if we play well for the rest of the season as long as al doesn't interfere

finally watched the game on nfl rewind,
pimp.gif
wow
eek.gif
the raiders are hot, let's hope this turns into something special....

Originally Posted by Alan Garner

did anybody read on raiderfans.net that cable said "we finally got the green light to do what we want to do"??? so I think this whole time al davis has pretty much changed the gameplan until yesterday and let our def. coordinator do what he wanted to which was blitz and play cover 2, Somebody had to talk some sense into him thank god, I wouldn't be surprised if we play well for the rest of the season as long as al doesn't interfere
Yeah, I read about that and that could only mean one thing. Perhaps Al Davis has finally realized that his style of playing man to man, won'tget it done and has allowed our defensive coordinator to do what he wants, which is blitz and play zone coverage. Gerard Warren said after the game that thiswas the new Raiders philosophy, control the run and pressure the quarterback. I think we can have pretty good success if we continue to play like this. We wereable to dominate on defense without Asomugha, thanks to Richard Seymour and our entire defense playing great.

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

That pigeon thing was pretty sweet. Dude was on pace with everybody else on the kickoff. Hilarious.
Damn. Even the pigeon is a Raider.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom