Rajon Rondo is a Hall Of Famer**

Best traditional PG in the league hands down. Nobody in the L can match his court awareness and floor leadership except maybe CP3

So what if he's surrounded by HOFers, KG and Ray are way past their prime. Without Rondo they'd be nowhere near as productive as they are today.

His shot is inconsistent at best but his assists and rebounding are trashing the other PGs in the L right now.

As for as HOF, it's inevitable. He might not make it as of today, but when it's all said n done I think he'll be one of the great PGs of all time.

I'm kind of desensitized with these NT arguments, but I'll say that if I'm starting a team and I need a PG then Rondo is the guy I'm trying to get. What's not to like?

Originally Posted by bjamez20

So what if he's surrounded by HOFers, KG and Ray are way past their prime. Without Rondo they'd be nowhere near as productive as they are today.
People seem to forget that, everyone is acting like the big three are in their prime. Rondo is a great player who makes others better. His unorthodox style of play throws people off kilter.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I'm kind of desensitized with these NT arguments, but I'll say that if I'm starting a team and I need a PG then Rondo is the guy I'm trying to get. What's not to like?

His jumpshot.
Nobody in the L can match his court awareness and floor leadership except maybe CP3

indifferent.gif

People need to find something else to do when they're bored besides trolling.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

No just stop it he isn't even close to having the stats to get him in.

As far as them triple doubles them will slow down or end when he doesn't have three dead eye killers on his team

Im sooooo sick of this argument... like do u guys watch the games?Ray ray is out there pkayin hurt. the old/dilapadated version of KG and Brandon Bass are his "dead eye" shooters
laugh.gif
Like i said n my thread months ago #9 completely dictates the ganme without a jumpshot... well be scary if he keeps a healthy body like tony parker and develops an outside shot
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

It's probably a good idea to have this discussion some time other than the night of a playoff triple double.

Thats what they told me 2 mobths ago when i made this thread tho...Also when i made a Rondo thread like 2 yrs ago... dude jus gets hated on...Hes a better jason kidd. Face it.If he can stay healthy/quick and develop a shot ala tony parker hell be first ballot. EaSiLYyYY

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I can taste the hate.

I guess the truth is now hate *kanye shrug*
Just saying, those stats are pretty in his favor. If he manages to get to a 3rd Finals in 5 seasons, continues his league leading assists numbers, and continues making jumpshots, the "impossible" attitude that some people have in here are off base.

Continues?

I firmly believe Rajon Rondo is one of the most overrated guys in league not to say he can't be a hall of famer but let's wait for a bigger sample size and see if he's the same guy no matter who he's playing with

We wouldn't even have this discussion if Rondo had those teams CP3 had.

He got lucky to be on a team with 3 future hall of famers and because of that was able to develop his game nicely. But yea, he'll make it to the hall of fame.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I guess the truth is now hate *kanye shrug*
Just saying, those stats are pretty in his favor. If he manages to get to a 3rd Finals in 5 seasons, continues his league leading assists numbers, and continues making jumpshots, the "impossible" attitude that some people have in here are off base.

Continues?

basing that off of the hawks series and last night, some of the few games where i've seen Rondo consistently make jumpers, and even a few 3's 

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Rondo > Paul

Thatisall
Not in this life.
Rondo may eventually get in but he's got to keep putting in work for the next 5 years or so. It's going to be very interesting to see how his career goes post KG/Ray Allen.

LOL@ the thought of Rondo being better then Paul when the Celtics were trying to trade Rondo for Paul before the season started.

I feel like there's never any middle ground with Rondo now.
Some think he's better than CP3 or Rose (I don't know how) and on the other end of the spectrum people still think Paul/KG/Ray 'make' him. (not sure there's a worse basketball opinion that's held by a large group of people).

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

LOL@ the thought of Rondo being better then Paul when the Celtics were trying to trade Rondo for Paul before the season started.

it had nothing to do with production
indifferent.gif

im sorry but had they traded RR they wouldnt be where they are at now.

^^So you think they would be worst off with Paul then Rondo? That's funny, could Rondo take this Clipper team to 7 games with the Grizzlies?

^^So you think they would be worst off with Paul then Rondo? That's funny, could Rondo take this Clipper team to 7 games with the Grizzlies?

thats different, your subbing 1A with 1B

i personally dont like Paul, ive always like Dwill more than Paul

but you removed RR from the Celtics right now, and they wouldnt be where they are at now.

His Defense, BB IQ, vision.

his only knock is his shooting, if it wasnt for that he would be a top 5 player.

Originally Posted by MMG

indifferent.gif

Yeah they would've been the 3rd seed with Paul and still be in the 2nd round.

The dude you quoted is not saying the Celts would still be where they are now if Rondo isn't there. I don't know why you're even making that statement like it's worth stating.

What does Rondo do that Chris Paul can't? I can name you a number of things CP3 does that Rondo cannot.

Hes on track to be a HOF , but idk bout right now
Rondo needs to score more tho..my friend saw him at a mosque in boston tlked to him said hes a cool dude

Rondo is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the league. He has amazing vision and is a great competitor but he doesn't 'carry' a team and never will.

He's barely a top 5 PG in the L right now. He'd have to play at this high level for AT LEAST 5 more years for a HOF convo to be brought up

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by MMG

indifferent.gif

Yeah they would've been the 3rd seed with Paul and still be in the 2nd round.

The dude you quoted is not saying the Celts would still be where they are now if Rondo isn't there. I don't know why you're even making that statement like it's worth stating.
i completely mis read the statement
laugh.gif

idk why i overlooked the part about paul
laugh.gif

i read it as "they wanted to trade RR" not about receiving Paul back in the deal.

^^It's cool dude, I do think Rondo is a very good player and top 5 pg at the moment but the hall of fame talk is way too soon and he's just not better then a guy like Paul right now, especially considering that Paul isn't even fully healthy and still playing fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom