Rangers/Rays Game 5

Did some Bible beating moron complain about Devil Rays?

The little ray of light on their jerseys and in the outfield looks so gay. The Devil Ray was BAD +#+ imo...

Oh, go Cliff Lee, go.

The little ray of light on their jerseys and in the outfield looks so gay. The Devil Ray was BAD +#+ imo...

Oh, go Cliff Lee, go.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The little ray of light on their jerseys and in the outfield looks so gay. The Devil Ray was BAD #*! imo...

Oh, go Cliff Lee, go.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The little ray of light on their jerseys and in the outfield looks so gay. The Devil Ray was BAD #*! imo...

Oh, go Cliff Lee, go.
eyes.gif

Did they change because they didn't want to be associated with devils? Maybe.

The changeover was very gradual in retrospect. They already had "Rays" in 2001 on the jersey, though the team was still the Devil Rays.

http://sportslogos.net/team.php?id=2535

One of the cap logos/uniforms had small traces of blue as a border color.

The more I look at their inaugural season jerseys, the more I wished they had stuck with them a little longer.  Their current look just screams "let's play it safe because we don't want to take design risks" like seemingly every team, across all the American sports leagues, has done.  Will we ever see teams embrace the large, bold logos of the 1990s ever again?

Did they change because they didn't want to be associated with devils? Maybe.

The changeover was very gradual in retrospect. They already had "Rays" in 2001 on the jersey, though the team was still the Devil Rays.

http://sportslogos.net/team.php?id=2535

One of the cap logos/uniforms had small traces of blue as a border color.

The more I look at their inaugural season jerseys, the more I wished they had stuck with them a little longer.  Their current look just screams "let's play it safe because we don't want to take design risks" like seemingly every team, across all the American sports leagues, has done.  Will we ever see teams embrace the large, bold logos of the 1990s ever again?

If I remember correctly, it was a marketing thing. I also remember the owner saying that most people have always called them the "Rays" anyway, but they still have the devil ray on their sleeve.

If I remember correctly, it was a marketing thing. I also remember the owner saying that most people have always called them the "Rays" anyway, but they still have the devil ray on their sleeve.

I'm all good with just Rays if they don't want the whole devil thing in there... But this little flicker of light as their logo rather than the actual devil ray is dumb.

It looks stupid and it doesn't help they're rockin the plainest, most boring uniforms in baseball.

The purple/black combo with green and yellow accents and that devil ray was serious.
pimp.gif

I'm all good with just Rays if they don't want the whole devil thing in there... But this little flicker of light as their logo rather than the actual devil ray is dumb.

It looks stupid and it doesn't help they're rockin the plainest, most boring uniforms in baseball.

The purple/black combo with green and yellow accents and that devil ray was serious.
pimp.gif

Y'all mind if some game discussion broke out in here?
laugh.gif

No, I agree that going from Devil Rays to Rays was type ******ed, and I'm just as confused about the change now as I was when it happened. Makes no sense, but whatever.

Soooo... Rangers vs. Yankees

Go Rangers!

laugh.gif

No, I agree that going from Devil Rays to Rays was type ******ed, and I'm just as confused about the change now as I was when it happened. Makes no sense, but whatever.

Go Rangers!

pimp.gif

Kinsler CLUTCH.

Cliff MF Lee. Take some of that new TV money and throw it right in this man's lap, Nolan.

pimp.gif

Kinsler CLUTCH.

Cliff MF Lee. Take some of that new TV money and throw it right in this man's lap, Nolan.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif

Go Rangers!
THIS....yea...im a cards fan but hell......I had to root for somebody.(Plus i like Josh Hamilton....dude came a long way)

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif

Go Rangers!
THIS....yea...im a cards fan but hell......I had to root for somebody.(Plus i like Josh Hamilton....dude came a long way)

Back
Top Bottom