another insightful reply...

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...Vol-1.html#reply-6076363
http://niketalk.yuku.com/...Nters.html#reply-6090520
http://niketalk.yuku.com/...feld-.html#reply-6156008

still following me around, huh?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

that mavs robbery is a reason that the mavs really lost the next year... just that loss to miami took so much out of them...

Don't see why a lot of folks have the 2007 Spurs so low. That was easily the best Spurs team this decade

Originally Posted by Statis22

Don't see why a lot of folks have the 2007 Spurs so low. That was easily the best Spurs team this decade

You think so? I believe they played a Cleveland team that was no where near the same level as them. The Spurs who beat the Nets were the best of the bunchbut their road to the finals was more difficult than the actual finals. Same with the 2005 Spurs. You can argue that they were because they were pushed to agame 7 against the defending champs.

Originally Posted by Statis22

they were the 3 seed that year. dallas won the divison by about 8-9 games. but after the robert horry steve nash incident during game 4 of the 2ndround, everything fell into place for them. they had the luxury of avoiding dallas in the conference finals and got to play the much weaker jazz instead anda cavs team who clearly wasn't ready. going into the playoffs that year everyone expected it to be either phoenix or dallas who was going to win thatyear, as opposed to 2003 where the spurs were the clear favorite and 2005 when even though phoenix had the better record the spurs were still favored towin.

So what's the basis, a tougher journey or how dominant your run was? I see some had the 2002 Lakers pretty high and they had it pretty easy sans the Kingsseries.

Nobody told Avery to change his lineups to match up with Golden State. Nobody told Amare and Boris Diaw to come of that bench. All you can do is play who is infront of you.

Its just funny to me how a team like the Spurs can be good for so long and be so unappreciated. I may never get it.

To all the Lakers fans saying the refs gave the Heat that championship why aren't you saying the same thing about the 2002 Lakers?

Originally Posted by epox12

To all the Lakers fans saying the refs gave the Heat that championship why aren't you saying the same thing about the 2002 Lakers?

you mean game 5 of that series where the lakers got robbed of the win in the final seconds because of a bunch of blatant obvious no calls. watch bibbys gamewinner and watch kobe get fouled on his last shot.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

you mean game 5 of that series where the lakers got robbed of the win in the final seconds because of a bunch of blatant obvious no calls. watch bibbys game winner and watch kobe get fouled on his last shot.
No game 6 where the Lakers got 29 foul calls in the 4th qt. and had Bill Plashcke, Michael Wilbon and Ralph Nader were calling shenanigans.

well games 5 and 6 even out then who choked at home in game 7? who is ralph nader?? some political attention craving nobody who says stuff just to say stuff.what do wilbon and plasckes opinons matter.

lastly look at the free throw differences throughout that series.

well games 5 and 6 even out then who choked at home in game 7? who is ralph nader?? some political attention craving nobody who says stuff just to say stuff. what do wilbon and plasckes opinons matter.

Look up your history youngster, Ralph's accomplishments > anything you will do in your entire life. I did throw him in there to clownthough. Foul calls in the first qt do not even out obvious no calls in the fourth qt aimed at getting the Lakers to the Finals at all costs. Plaschke is one ofthe biggest Laker homers of all time and even he knew that was a screw job by the refs.

epox12:
#1. Because the Western Conference Finals is not the same as the Finals, where the championship is won. Being gifted in the WCF gets you... a tripto the Finals. Being gifted in the Finals gets you... the championship.

#2. Don't let a few biased observers sway your opinion. Things weren't nearly as lopsided as the hype machine since then has made things out to be.Bibby, Vlade, Webber, and Christie were KNOWN floppers that year, and they started off the series flopping like no one's business. It's hard for me tore-watch the very beginning minutes of that series, Game 1- first quarter, because the intentions of the Kings were so evident from the jump: flop early, floplate, get a few buckets in between. And their whining to the refs when their flopping didn't work has to be looked at as at least a little bit contributoryto their series loss. When you flop and don't get the call and the Lakers are running the other way with the ball and 2 of your best players (Christie andWebber, for example) are jawwing at the refs, that's the Lakers fault?
laugh.gif
That's the refs fixing the game? Really? Them standing there arguing instead of playing the damn game is a fix?
laugh.gif

It's nothing like the 2006 robbery that was the NBA Finals.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

epox12:
#1. Because the Western Conference Finals is not the same as the Finals, where the championship is won. Being gifted in the WCF gets you... a trip to the Finals. Being gifted in the Finals gets you... the championship.

#2. Don't let a few biased observers sway your opinion. Things weren't nearly as lopsided as the hype machine since then has made things out to be. Bibby, Vlade, Webber, and Christie were KNOWN floppers that year, and they started off the series flopping like no one's business. It's hard for me to re-watch the very beginning minutes of that series, Game 1- first quarter, because the intentions of the Kings were so evident from the jump: flop early, flop late, get a few buckets in between. And their whining to the refs when their flopping didn't work has to be looked at as at least a little bit contributory to their series loss. When you flop and don't get the call and the Lakers are running the other way with the ball and 2 of your best players (Christie and Webber, for example) are jawwing at the refs, that's the Lakers fault?
laugh.gif
That's the refs fixing the game? Really? Them standing there arguing instead of playing the damn game is a fix?
laugh.gif

#1 A Robbery is a robbery. Normally I would agree with your logic about the Finals but in this case I disagree because WCF was the Finals at thattime because the eastern conference teams were so inferior. There was no way New Jersey was winning a game against either one of those teams.

#2 Getting 29 foul calls in the 4th qt. of game six is not arguing about nothing, I think they might have had a legit gripe. If its not the Lakers fault theKings weren't getting calls why is it the Heat's fault the Mavs weren't getting calls?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

epox12:
#1. Because the Western Conference Finals is not the same as the Finals, where the championship is won. Being gifted in the WCF gets you... a trip to the Finals. Being gifted in the Finals gets you... the championship.

#2. Don't let a few biased observers sway your opinion. Things weren't nearly as lopsided as the hype machine since then has made things out to be. Bibby, Vlade, Webber, and Christie were KNOWN floppers that year, and they started off the series flopping like no one's business. It's hard for me to re-watch the very beginning minutes of that series, Game 1- first quarter, because the intentions of the Kings were so evident from the jump: flop early, flop late, get a few buckets in between. And their whining to the refs when their flopping didn't work has to be looked at as at least a little bit contributory to their series loss. When you flop and don't get the call and the Lakers are running the other way with the ball and 2 of your best players (Christie and Webber, for example) are jawwing at the refs, that's the Lakers fault?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

#1 A Robbery is a robbery. Normally I would agree with your logic about the Finals but in this case I disagree because WCF was the Finals at that time because the eastern conference teams were so inferior. There was no way New Jersey was winning a game against either one of those teams.

#2 Getting 29 foul calls in the 4th qt. of game six is not arguing about nothing, I think they might have had a legit gripe. If its not the Lakers fault the Kings weren't getting calls why is it the Heat's fault the Mavs weren't getting calls?

Let's take a look at this "ROBBERY."

-Game 1: Lakers shot 16/22 FTs.Kings shot 16/17 FTs. Kings -5 in FT attempts
Foul differential? Lakers 20 Fouls, Kings 25. Kings -5 Foul

-Game 2: Lakers shot 15/25 FTs.Kings shot 23/38 FTs. Kings +13 in FT attempts
Foul differential? Lakers 31 Fouls, Kings 25. Kings +6 Foul

-Game 3: Lakers shot 8/15 FTs. Kings shot 21/35 FTs. Kings +20 in FT attempts
Foul differential? Lakers 19 Fouls, Kings 28. Kings +9 Foul

-Game 4: Lakers shot 18/27 FTs. Kings shot 18/26 FTs. Kings -1 in FT attempts
Foul differential? Lakers 23 Fouls, Kings 23. Kings +1 Foul

-Game 5: Lakers shot 17/23 FTs. Kings shot 22/33 FTs. Kings +10 in FT attempts
Foul differential? Lakers 27 Fouls, Kings 20. Kings -7 Foul

-Game 6: Lakers shot 18/25 FTs. Kings shot 34/40 FTs. Kings -15 in FT attempts
Foul differential? Lakers 31 Fouls, Kings 24. Kings -7 Foul

-Game 7: Lakers shot 27/33 FTs. Kings shot 16/30 FTs. Kings -3 in FT attempts.
Foul differential? Lakers 25 Fouls, Kings 30. Kings -5 Foul

For the series. Kings +19 FTs.
For the series. Kings -8 Fouls.

There were plenty of missed calls all around.

Kobe's elbow to Christie's face.
The non-call on Jackson's jersey pull on Kobe's game winning shot attempt in game 5.
Vlade's grab of and hold of Shaq that resulted in numerous Shaq fouls.
Game 4 total collapse by the Kings.
Kings missed 14 FTs in game 7 that was decided by 6 points in OT. Not to menton Peja went 0-6 from the arc including a few airballs down the stretch.

Robber? King's not getting their calls? Hardly.

well games 5 and 6 even out then who choked at home in game 7? who is ralph nader?? some political attention craving nobody who says stuff just to say stuff. what do wilbon and plasckes opinons matter.

Look up your history youngster, Ralph's accomplishments > anything you will do in your entire life. I did throw him in there to clown though. Foul calls in the first qt do not even out obvious no calls in the fourth qt aimed at getting the Lakers to the Finals at all costs. Plaschke is one of the biggest Laker homers of all time and even he knew that was a screw job by the refs.
he probably will accomplish more then me but still who is he to say all the garbage he was saying. hes a failed politican who helped cost gorethe 2000 election not someone whos knowledgable about basketball. still if game 6 was a screw job what was the final minute of game 5 then. the lakershad that game stolen from them in the final seconds and were forced to have to go back to sacramento for game 7 when they should have had the chance to closeit out in 6. if your going to mention game 6 then call both sides of the story and mention game 5 as well. anyhow im done arguing lakers vs kings. look athow many more free throws the kings got then the lakers in the first 3 quarters of that game and dude below posted the total amount of free throws each teamshot in the game.

still another reason for the 2002 lakers being ranked so high is because of how difficult it is to 3 peat as well. they came out and dominated the entireplayoffs with the exception of the sacramento series. they were the first team since 1982 to win a game 7 in a conference finals on the road.

Look up your history youngster, Ralph's accomplishments > anything you will do in your entire life. I did throw him in there to clown though. Foul calls in the first qt do not even out obvious no calls in the fourth qt aimed at getting the Lakers to the Finals at all costs. Plaschke is one of the biggest Laker homers of all time and even he knew that was a screw job by the refs.
he probably will accomplish more then me but still who is he to say all the garbage he was saying. hes a failed politican who helped cost gore the 2000 election not someone whos knowledgable about basketball. still if game 6 was a screw job what was the final minute of game 5 then. the lakers had that game stolen from them in the final seconds and were forced to have to go back to sacramento for game 7 when they should have had the chance to close it out in 6. if your going to mention game 6 then call both sides of the story and mention game 5 as well. anyhow im done arguing lakers vs kings. look at how many more free throws the kings got then the lakers in the first 3 quarters of that game and dude below posted the total amount of free throws each team shot in the game.

still another reason for the 2002 lakers being ranked so high is because of how difficult it is to 3 peat as well. they came out and dominated the entire playoffs with the exception of the sacramento series. they were the first team since 1982 to win a game 7 in a conference finals on the road.
Agree to disagree. Btw nice avy, niners are taking the nfc west this season.

i agree to agree with the 49ers statement. if they play like how they ended last season, they'll be tough this year. i flew up to san francisco to go tothe infamous, "can't do it" game.

06 Heat would have dominated 09 Lakers, 09 Lakers would have lost to 08 Celtics, 01 Lakers take number 1 positioning tho

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by ireminisce

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by Foamposite

#+@* the heat

Mavericks were robbed, at gun point
smh.gif
Pains me to this day.

smh.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif

I was and still am angered by this & I'm not even a fan of either team. it was ridiculous

Same. I wasn't even rooting for either team at the time and that still made me sick.

Back
Top Bottom