Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Real talk.....that’s one of those words that I wished stayed regional :lol:. Same way I feel about non NYCer’s saying “B”. Dudes like Nav be trying too hard. And that’s the irony of him and that goofy last post he made. Inception

Man I was just saying this ****. **** is annoying af.
Especially when nerds start using it and ODs on it.

Talk Your *** NAV
xnlXOaN.gif

:pimp: :lol:

Hold this L, if you let a few weirdos stop you from enjoying all the fine women and amazing food out there :smh:

Lol whatever still. It’s different when u visit for caribanna a couple days and when u actually live there and deal wit the Toronto personalities day in and out.

I used to love that city trust me. By all means enjoy it when u visit tho.

Plus I already booked wifey while livin there and have a little kid now. I’m straight of the women there. They t sweet no doubt and the best of the ethnicities of the whole world are there, they’re still whack and stuck up tho, gassed of a bunch of losers who holla at anything that moves

Hold this L, if you let a few weirdos stop you from enjoying all the fine women and amazing food out there :smh:

Yeah, Toronto has some women :lol:

and they have west indian food, so they're cool with me, despite exporting Drake

Bring back regional slang.

I was listening to Vince Staples talk the other day and was thinking about this.

Because he was talking like he had no desire to listen to music outside his region. Music is how we used to find out about other regions. That left me puzzled, but now you have the internet, and it's one big pot of gumbo. Everyone dresses and talks the same.

Last edited:
The audience that listens to hip-hop has changed and expanded so it's a free for all.

Those who listen to them type of cats can actually relate to them therefore they will have a lane.

Yeah it's just not that type of gated club anymore where you need a gatekeeper cosign to get in. There's a lot of different type people who like rap that you can appeal to now. I think I first started noticing this during that early Surburban/Frat rap wave.

If you saying turnt, lit, bro, low key, shoot your shot, goals, all the time you a clown.

_'s can't say bro now? damn man :lol:

Do Louisiana folks still say whoadie?????
They sure do... Its still regional slang (less with NYC and ATL cuz the net/world done got a hold of how they talk)...its just that some words got blown up by the internet and the online world in general seems to have its own set of slang that some ppl take into real life all across the world

If you aint from round my way and heard me and my homeboys talk you would probly be lost in the convo :lol:

Back
Top Bottom