Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Watching the whole clip Migos ain't do **** wrong. They was answering Ak's dumb *** questions. Then it went left when he asked that dumb twitter question, then Joe was like just like "OK LETS END IT", Quavo like "End it then" Ak continues to slurp to then Joe walked and thats it.
laugh.gif

The whole thing is Ak has terrible interviewing skills. That's what happens when you put a professional internet guy on TV or whatever. Dude be souded awkward in every interview, he has no people skills at all. Joe shoulda just let them end it and the Migos woulda left and that woulda been it.
In that moment, that question was uncalled for. This is an award show, you want to ask questions that give off positive energy and make the guest feel good, not questioning their skillset.

They was askin' other guests what they were wearing complementing their clothes but get Migos up and wanna ask "Why are you the weak link in the group?" Wrong place, wrong time.
From "I lovvvvve migos" to "idga f about migos". Get your mans.
roll.gif

Dude has been on his podcast for months driving this idea about Quavo outshining Takeoff and Offset, and suggesting that the both of them would be washed up were Quavo to go solo. It's beyond understandable that dudes wouldn't want to be all happy go lucky to see this guy in person and dap him up. They're professional enough to do the interview and keep it moving, obviously at the label's behest. Joe's a clown for all of that.
When it got here I was done. Flipped like a flapjack with ease
This is how I can defend Joe.

If someone ignores you when you try to give them a pound or dap, that sets the tone.

That's a sign of disrespect.

You can't say they were professional.

If you tried to give me a pound and I just left you hanging with your arm extended, how would you take that?

That's why I can defend that action. Joe did acknowledge and speak to Tax at the beginning of the interview. And Tax was just as responsible for that interview as Joe with those questions.

Now the Hot, that was indefensible because they weren't going to not talk about the Marissa or Peter situations.
It was disrespectful but iirc only one person skipped out on the dap. So now you salty at the whole group cause one person ain't give you dap? And if it was that big of a deal, why not check em at that point? If we talkin' "as a man" rules, you don't let somebody disrespect you.
I had a feeling you'd get get held up on "constantly".
laugh.gif

You guys are saying "why go on the show"? ES isn't the Joe Budden podcast. It. Is. Not. His. Show. Migos and QC have a relationship with Complex, and the show has two other hosts on it. So it's perfectly understandable why they'd go, and it's perfectly understandable why they wouldn't rock with Joe too heavy while there. Notice dudes had no problem interacting with Ak and Nadeska. Again, Joe got in his feelings because he didn't get dapped up and wanted to end the interview because of it. Son literally threw a hissy fit on camera because cats didn't want to dap him up, yet a few days later he's sounding off with the "I don't give a **** about Migos" schtick. If he didn't care, he could've sat back, let Ak and Nadeska contribute to do the interview, and let it end without having his conniption.

Nicki not going to TBC is straight up birdlike behavior, but it's understandable because she's a woman. Not sure what that has to do with this case because the only emotional person in that whole exchange was Joey, and that's with Nadeska being on the set.
Also this. Joe act like and title himself the "Head Chief" or whatever but he's a co-host. If he was so upset with interviewing people who don't want to be there he could easily just **** or not be on the set when they are there since he do what he want. He say he not Media Joe but he sat his a** down during the interview like a good boy until he just couldn't take it anymore

Quote:
Ak also claimed that they weren't giving nothing but short answers from the migos, He also claimed that Yachty & his management weren't rocking with him. With that said let's say that the migos "BARELY" wanted to do the interview. Why would i be one of the host watching someone give a trash interview & not cut it short? especially after you have a guy who NOT part of the group interrupting the interview seemingly trying to flex like QC could control what i do & ask on MY show. I would have rushed them ****** off too.
Why? Because your show is about interviewing artists and getting the best out of them. You aren't expected to be besties with those you interview, but you are expected to at the very least try to get something from them.

It's like I get what Joe was on and I respect him for admitting he wasn't professional and was disrespectful but Joe def treats his toughness like a jacket. Puts it on and takes it off depending on the weather.

Dude was definitely the nerd at the cool table in school

Definitely wasn't at the cool table.

I gotta admire Ak's child like innocence though. As nervous as he was looking in that clip, he stepped in front of Joe to try and defuse the situation :lol: After how Joe did him with Wale and Vic, I woulda snuck a few shots in while the Migos stomped him out.

Nah, he kind of bogarded his way to leading the show. Younger fans may gravitate to Ak, but Joe controls a lot of the show. His other two hosts just don't have the personalities to really challenge Joe, so sometimes you can legit see him cutting off the host and steering the show somewhere else. He's a sociopath, man.
laugh.gif

You're kidding yourself if you don't think Joe is the biggest part of the show
It's still not his show. Although he takes control.

Yea he tosses his "weight" around and neither Ak no Nadeska will speak up but it's not Joe Budden Presents: Everyday Struggle

He does control it to an extent. Like when he sits on his high horse of "I'm not talking about _______" and Nadeska just moves on to the next topic.

But true, it is kind of a faux control

Yall gotta at least give Ak a LITTLE credit for getting in between Joe and Migos. He coulda easily caught the fade lol. Saw someone on twitter saying that Ak pushed Nedeska out the way to run for cover. I know its fun to clown Ak for being a cornball, but that was a reach.

Wack100 made that call to AK

Said QC was making calls

And Nedeska with the Lip Gloss 
eek.gif

Last edited:
Dude was definitely the nerd at the cool table in school

Definitely wasn't at the cool table.

I gotta admire Ak's child like innocence though. As nervous as he was looking in that clip, he stepped in front of Joe to try and defuse the situation :lol: After how Joe did him with Wale and Vic, I woulda snuck a few shots in while the Migos stomped him out.

:rofl: the visual of this happening

Yall gotta at least give Ak a LITTLE credit for getting in between Joe and Migos. He coulda easily caught the fade lol. Saw someone on twitter saying that Ak pushed Nedeska out the way to run for cover. I know its fun to clown Ak for being a cornball, but that was a reach.
They were NOT about to fight on the red carpet man.

All that posturing got people fooled. They aren't that stupid. 

Wack100 made that call to AK

Said QC was making calls

This _ be straight up lying man
laugh.gif
, Star just had to come at him for tryna drum up some fake news beef between him and CTG.

He just don't like the fact that it look like he was the reason stuff went left, which I feel him cause I wouldn't like that **** either.

Edit: todays joint 

Last edited:
When his personality on his Youtube and Twitch match on ES,maybe I'll give due but Ak gets sonned regularly.

Forreal forreal it wasn't even that hard to understand what Takeoff was saying anyway.

Last edited:
ES has had way more 'Birdman vs TBC' moments in this past year than TBC has had :lol:

and that's cool for them because that's not what carries the BC it just helps add a lil extra on top

Nah I'm glad we get those moments :lol: that seems to be working for them so far even if its unintentional

My _ was uncomfortable fr :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

View media item 2478026

:lol:

I want Ak to win for some reason. I don't agree with his way of going about certain things (i.e. The war in chiraq videos), but he seems like a good dude at heart. It'd be cool if he had better guidance on how to move.

Yeah, he needs to just watch interviews and study them.

lol at Joe talking smack after they left

When they was at his neck he was like " [emoji]128400[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji] Wait wait hold on" :rofl:

When he walked off he could have kept walking.

Joe was unprofessional I don't even understand the argument. You have a job to do, you don't decide during the middle of your job that it's time to teach some people a personal lesson.

Conduct yourself like a professional and then voice your displeasure on your own time and platform.

So because a guest comes on and isn't friendly to you, all of a sudden you got a attitude and can't do your job? :lol: childish as hell

He was unprofessional, but the whole situation was. None of them handled it well. And Joe isn't the person to handle it well.

Magic's cool, but I had to chime out on that one. :lol:

I actually do. Joe did things wrong, but the tone was set from the beginning and Joe isn't the one who initiated that.

Last edited:
Rory & Mal did a good job on the podcast today telling Joe why Migos might have felt a way & Joe's response was basically yea i know how interviews are SUPPOSED to be conducted but F that i'm not with it. And i can't be mad at him for doing it.

Back
Top Bottom