But how lupe
Kinda pointed out
What that black face thing was about
Doesn’t seem as bad
But folks just gonna ignore it
And use it as he can’t say the N word
And he gotta explain
When theirs already an explanation:lol:

Lupe was full of it. Giving some deep reasoning, when Drake has never been that dude. And this is the same dude who said that Canada is different and he doesn't see color blah blah.

after looking at the shirt in the photo and researching the Too Black Guys brand I understand what the thought process behind it was. But because Drake isn’t known as a conscious rapper who speaks up for race relations, this isn’t a good look.

if Cole does it for a video we call it genius...Drake probably was on that wave for a bit in his early 20’s tryna artistically find himself (remember he used to do neo soul songs with Phonte and ****) but he signs to Young Money and that deads all those cocoa incense bars.

Intelligent posturing by Pusha though given Drake’s lack of embrace of being pro black yet that being the fanbase that is keeping him anchored in urban entertainment

if Cole does it for a video we call it genius...Drake probably was on that wave for a bit in his early 20’s tryna artistically find himself (remember he used to do neo soul songs with Phonte and ****) but he signs to Young Money and that deads all those cocoa incense bars.

Intelligent posturing by Pusha though given Drake’s lack of embrace of being pro black yet that being the fanbase that is keeping him anchored in urban entertainment

No defending that blackface ****, but this just goes to show perception is everything

Nah Kanye just got fired up for a Maga hat and got the same treatment on a lesser scale with the Confederate stuff a few years ago

Drake just gotta keep dropping hits. He'll be aight.
He definitely took a hit with this though. Especially from the hip-hop heads.

He's stayed away from issues in the black community for years, he doesn't want to lose a big chunk of his fanbase.

He's said in Canada there's no racism, we don't see color and blah blah

He was raised by his white jewish mom.

No pass, no context for wearing black face. People doing everything they can to give him a pass, nah.

Who is "we"? :lol:
Nah bruh :lol:

Just as goofy as Kanye's confederate flag gear

meh if Childish or J Cole dropped a dope track with the right concept we wouldnt even think twice about them being in blackface.

If hov release Story of OJ vid with cole or gambino in blackface, it would get looked at as dope imagery with no additional controversy but since Drake is a cornball at times and is typically silent on race issues outside of 3-4 times...we need an “explanation” when he no more or less black than Cole lol

I “get it” because Drake be picking and choosing identities so he don’t get the “woke” pass lol. He a british roadman and jamaican bodmon an Atlanta trapper a Houston swanger and banger and now he was mini phonte for a few months. lol. it just looks funny in the light for him

but stop acting like this is a controversy for cole, childish or ye before the Trump BS

Nah Kanye just got fired up for a Maga hat and got the same treatment on a lesser scale with the Confederate stuff a few years ago

Kanye x Confederate flag: wow this ***** trippin

Kanye x MAGA hat: wow this ***** a ****

Drake in black face: well hold on....

:lol::lol:

I'ma look at any black person wearing blackface funny until we get some explanations on context. Anybody.

He's stayed away from issues in the black community for years, he doesn't want to lose a big chunk of his fanbase.

He's said in Canada there's no racism, we don't see color and blah blah

He was raised by his white jewish mom.

No pass, no context for wearing black face. People doing everything they can to give him a pass, nah.

Am I “giving him a pass” or simply acknowledging that there would be no “pass” to give if it were Cole, Kendrick or someone who is no more or less “black” than Drake but their subject matter and branding is different

I have no dog in the fight and think it was a genius move by pusha in the context doesnt matter social media era

But its interesting how different people can do different ****

If Spike Lee does a 40 Acres and a Mule Bamboozled 20th Anniversary capsule collection and puts Cole and Kendrick in blackface do we need explanations and apologies? lol

meh if Childish or J Cole dropped a dope track with the right concept we wouldnt even think twice about them being in blackface.

If hov release Story of OJ vid with cole or gambino in blackface, it would get looked at as dope imagery with no additional controversy but since Drake is a cornball at times and is typically silent on race issues outside of 3-4 times...we need an “explanation” when he no more or less black than Cole lol

I “get it” because Drake be picking and choosing identities so he don’t get the “woke” pass lol. He a british roadman and jamaican bodmon an Atlanta trapper a Houston swanger and banger and now he was mini phonte for a few months. lol. it just looks funny in the light for him

but stop acting like this is a controversy for cole, childish or ye before the Trump BS

You wouldn't think twice. :lol:

I don't care about Donald Glover like that and never been a big fan of Cole.

If Spike Lee does a 40 Acres and a Mule Bamboozled 20th Anniversary capsule collection and puts Cole and Kendrick in blackface do we need explanations and apologies? lol

No, cuz we know what bamboozled is about and it's intent. Drake on the other hand... :lol:

Bad example.

Am I “giving him a pass” or simply acknowledging that there would be no “pass” to give if it were Cole, Kendrick or someone who is no more or less “black” than Drake but their subject matter and branding is different

I have no dog in the fight and think it was a genius move by pusha in the context doesnt matter social media era

But its interesting how different people can do different ****

Why are you even going there?

**** we talking about IF, one of the biggest pop stars on the planet is pictured in black face. I don't need a reason, excuse or an IF someone else did it. You're deflecting and taking away from what HE did, no one else.

And he's already gotten a pass. I haven't seen him lose any business deals or seen any boycotts.

Kanye x Confederate flag: wow this ***** trippin

Kanye x MAGA hat: wow this ***** a ****

Drake in black face: well hold on....

:lol::lol:

I'ma look at any black person wearing blackface funny until we get some explanations on context. Anybody.

I hate any Confederate flag motifs, don't even care if it's a "southern pride" thing like Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz and Pastor Troy used.

The blackface **** is bad because of the image. The context doesn't matter, although I do believe there was context behind it. It doesnt matter tho.

Why are you even going there?

**** we talking about IF, one of the biggest pop stars on the planet is pictured in black face. I don't need a reason, excuse or an IF someone else did it. You're deflecting and taking away from what HE did, no one else.

And he's already gotten a pass. I haven't seen him lose any business deals or seen any boycotts.

:lol: i’m just acknowledging that the rules are different for different people.

Y’all would really look at Kendrick and Cole or Glover like sly coopers or w/e for doing blackface for a music video or fashion shoot? Especially someone like kendrick who is actually likely to do something like this?

I feel like y’all just saying that to kinda disprove the logic that its only an issue because its Drake lol

again not really in “defense” of drake its just funny how branding yourself different and rapping about different **** gives you different privileges and yall both lightskin

lets take it a step further how do we feel if Logic does this vs. Drake and Cole lol

:lol: i’m just acknowledging that the rules are different for different people.

Y’all would really look at Kendrick and Cole or Glover like sly coopers or w/e for doing blackface for a music video or fashion shoot? Especially someone like kendrick who is actually likely to do something like this?

I feel like y’all just saying that to kinda disprove the logic that its only an issue because its Drake lol

Kendrick has been pro black for years, talked about it and rapped about it nonstop. Aubrey has done neither and has said there is no racism. You can't compare the two at all. If Kendrick did it, yeah he would get a chance to explain because he's been so vocal about blacks and hispanics getting killed and dealing with racism.

Aubrey is also very white, raised by his white jewish mom and his crew was a bunch of arabs. He comes from a very different place than Kendrick.

Back
Top Bottom