Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Thirty years ago today, New Edition and Bobby Brown released their respective albums, Heart Break and Don't Be Cruel on the same day.

Don't Be Cruel went on to become the best-selling album of 1989.

00076742220723_1080W_1080H.jpg

bobbybrown_dontbecruel_4oxi.jpg

Both classics, I play both every week.

Man a lot of the formerly key people in that scene proclaimed it dead a long time ago so its hard to really know now :lol:

Its weird because they created it and then it kinda just got taken out of their hands once people saw how marketable it could be. Then out of nowhere a whole bunch of 12 year olds just started listening to that stuff all at once. I think the age thing is really key because these young kids don't care about originality and all that ****. Its also why you see a lot of these dudes with animated/cartoon videos covers etc.

Like take this Comethazine dude, he signed to Todd Moscowitz new label Alamo (he left 300 and started signing a BUNCH of these _'s) and he another clone blowing up.

Might be the first time I've heard a rapper admit in a song that he's biting another rapper (Madeintyo) and theres nothing you can do about it :rofl::sick:

Another key element prolonging it is theres a lot of different scenes in the soundcloud **** for them to exploit. You got the suburban fashion trapper wave like Carti, Smokepurrp, Pump, Yung Bans, etc. You got the Emo/Depressed wave like XXX, Peep, Juice Wrld, etc. and then you got a whole another wave of dudes rapping fast like Bone Thugs and **** :lol:

That part is huge right there. They tried sneaking that in like people don't notice :lol:

SO many of these newer dudes have no shame, just like the people behind them pushing them. All of them just are just variations of the same aesthetic, and one way or another, they're connected. I can go through my Amazon right now and get a feeling of 6 degrees of separation from all these dudes.

*scrolls account*

I have no idea what a Yung Pinch is (yea, that'a a real name), but you can just look at him, his tape/album cover and already know what what it's about
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F55f98fed363a297180df8e8428c31fb5.500x500x1.jpg

yung-pinch-300x300.jpg

Yung-Pinch-Contact-Information.jpg

Go to his twitter and he's RT'ing XXX and Lil' Skies of course. All those dudes come from the same factory.

Fair to say Hustler Musik is Waynes best song right?

The Block Is Hot, I Feel Like Dying, Get High Rule The World, No Ceilings all better though.

No Ceilings might be my favorite Wayne song without really thinking hard about it. Birdman lowkey the best part.

The Block Is Hot, I Feel Like Dying, Get High Rule The World, No Ceilings all better though.

No Ceilings might be my favorite Wayne song without really thinking hard about it. Birdman lowkey the best part.
Bird man might be the best on record **** talker in hip hop history.

Diddy the only one on that level.

Buck always could spit.

But he said Bronx in that record.

I don’t like that.

I just saw a Lecrae & Zaytoven video on worldstar. The song isn’t good...but it makes sense they’d record being 2 successful heavily religious Christians in hip hop.

It got me thinking....We will NEVER see a figure like the prime KIRK FRANKLIN :lol:. I’m not really religious anymore....but this **** still goes to this day :pimp:.

A certified hip hop classic. I even seen an Ahk signing “GP are you with meeeeee” :lol:.

I remember wondering why Kirk Franklin was shouting Gary Payton when I was a kid.

Buck always could spit.

But he said Bronx in that record.

I don’t like that
I just saw a Lecrae & Zaytoven video on worldstar. The song isn’t good...but it makes sense they’d record being 2 successful heavily religious Christians in hip hop.

It got me thinking....We will NEVER see a figure like the prime KIRK FRANKLIN :lol:. I’m not really religious anymore....but this **** still goes to this day :pimp:.

A certified hip hop classic. I even seen an Ahk signing “GP are you with meeeeee” :lol:.

I remember wondering why Kirk Franklin was shouting Gary Payton when I was a kid.

Hard

Finally got around to listening to that Lil Baby (**** why not) and **** cool, but man I'm fatigued on that same trap bass sequence dudes keep using over and over.

Reactions: OTG
I’m hoping we don’t get a DJ Khaled throw away hook from Future (ie I got the keys & Top off the maybach) on this Ross joint.

Son be stingy on features. :lol:

Thirty years ago today, New Edition and Bobby Brown released their respective albums, Heart Break and Don't Be Cruel on the same day.

Don't Be Cruel went on to become the best-selling album of 1989.

00076742220723_1080W_1080H.jpg

bobbybrown_dontbecruel_4oxi.jpg

“You’re Not My Kind Of Girl” is on one of the playlists I run to.

I just randomly start running side to side and doing spin moves n **** :lol:

I remember being in the 7th grade when Stomp came out. We had this substitute teacher that spent the entire class time talking about religion and how we couldn't trust Kirk Franklin's message in his music. I really didn't care cause the song was fire and we didn't do any work :lol:

I like that people are giving Jay Rock props for his album but damn where was you _'s for 90059? :lol: That album is even better than this one.

“You’re Not My Kind Of Girl” is on one of the playlists I run to.

I just randomly start running side to side and doing spin moves n **** :lol:

I can’t count how many times I’ve thrown that song on at home and me and wifey dance to that **** for real

I like that people are giving Jay Rock props for his album but damn where was you _'s for 90059? :lol: That album is even better than this one.

I didn’t like 90059, I’ve never been a fan of his flow and delivery. This new album he got it right, I’m coppin it

Back
Top Bottom