Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Father's raise your daughters :sick:

@wavycrocket really out here wildin'

1E0C538C-5388-4B4C-8F06-EF4ACFE46D5F.gif

What goalpost was moved?
Every project pre-2014 would be more successful with streaming #s

Thug passed pre-Mollyworld quality by the time he was with Rich Gang.

Future consistent but his albums aren't his best work don't even make sense when the albums release in the same pattern

Also as far as the future comparison prior to DS2 future was on a lot of songs via features & hooks... His mainstream albums weren't his best work. If streaming was pumping the way it is now i wholeheartedly believe he would have took off in the mainstream way earlier.

Streaming exploded in 2015 but DS2 did 150k first week because 120k people actually paid for it :lol:

Apple Music wasn't even out yet when Monster and all that dropped and it still wasn't out when the Future Hive started

Streaming exploded in 2015 but DS2 did 150k first week because 120k people actually paid for it :lol:

Apple Music wasn't even out yet when Monster and all that dropped and it still wasn't out when the Future Hive started

that's lending to my point... if those tapes would have dropped during this era they are doing way more than what thugs projects have been doing. And F the numbers, the impact for thug songs just ain't there. Thug gets a lot of hype based off what people wish he was/ or projected him to be, like his projects drop the same group of people claim the project is so good & yet none of the songs or projects really last past two weeks.

Thing with the Futurehive thing was that came after Future was already heavily solidified in the streets/clubs etc etc.. during that Monster Era i heard those songs in various different spots, i can't say the same for a lot of thug solo projects recently... he gets a lot of hype online that doesn't fully translate.

I remember copping the DS2 physical.

Older lady in line at Best Buy smiling at me with her copy in hand saying “good job, we gotta get out and support ‘em” :smokin

DS2 a classic. In a string of classics. Sex don’t got that.

Thug cool, but this is a trash comparison. If anything, the advent of streaming should be helping Thugger. N****s literally have the music store in da palm of their hands. No reason son should be moving under 60K with the amount of acclaim he has. Something just isn’t sticking for the guy.

And what not very many people seem to be discussing is that these n****s Gunna and Lil Baby been commandeering Thug’s lane since last year. If Drip Harder moves upwards of 60K, which I fully imagine it could, there would be a conversation to be had.

Thug gets a lot of hype based off what people wish he was/ or projected him to be, like his projects drop the same group of people claim the project is so good & yet none of the songs or projects really last past two weeks.
Kolorblind and that Superfly joint came and went so it happens. Thug gets played in Miami so if that's NY you got a point.
Dude still tops ppls fav albums of the year so dude ain't forgotten

Lil Baby and Gunna
Dave East and Styles P
Gangsta Boo and Beatking
Mozzy
Wacka Flocka
T.I.

Sheeeeesh :lol: :lol:

A GFK Lost Tapes dropping too :smokin

Last edited:
Running through Gunna x Lil Baby 1st, then I'll check out Sheck Wes' project, and then T.I.

Not expecting much from any of these. As long as I come out with AT LEAST 7 songs.

Back
Top Bottom